Now Hearn wants to ground share

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Jiminy_Cricket

Re: Now Hearn wants to ground share

Post by Jiminy_Cricket »

Pop Robson wrote:
Another professional reply then !!!!!!!!!
To be fair Orient have had this comming, they deserve a bit of a public bitch slapping in my opinoin.

:crest:
Geordie Hammer
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Geordie Hammer »

I've literally spat my coffee out reading that statement.

Not professional but it's priceless! :lol:
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

York Ham(mer) wrote:13. Registration of Ground

13.4 Ground sharing will only be approved at the discretion of the Board. The Board will not generally approve any ground-sharing arrangement where the club plays its matches outside the conurbation, as defined by the Board, from which the Club takes its name or with which it is otherwise traditionally associated.

13.5 Except in cases where a Club seeks consent to enter into a ground-sharing agreement with another Club, it shall be a condition of any such consent that the ground-sharing agreement shall contain provision to ensure that:

13.5.1 the playing of any of the Club's first team matches will always take precedence over the activities of the other party to the agreement; and

13.5.2 the Club shall have the ability to postpone other activities scheduled to take place on the pitch in the immediately preceding 48 hour period where in the opinion of the Club, acting reasonably, there is a risk that such activity may result in the subsequent postponement or abandonment of a match to be played under the auspices of the League.
That's it then isn't it - End of discussion, there can be no groundshare as the interaction of premier league and football league rules prohibit it.

Both premier league and football league rules say that their member must have precedence over the other in the playing of their games.

It's an absolute impossibility for both parties to have precedence in the playing of their games.
ForeverHammers

Post by ForeverHammers »

I think the club response is fine. Honest reply. The comments from Hearn are a constant source of amusement. It was only about 4 weeks ago Hearn said to the BBC the stadium was unfit for football and basically digging at LLDC. Now Hearn is saying he wants to bid for the stadium himself.

As for the LLDC, frankly West Ham should not be bothered what they think of us. All we have ever done is work well with them. They should love us. If they don't its not our loss is it. I mean what are they going to do, fine us. Give the stadium to someone else cos we are cheeky little cockneys.
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

Like i said before, I have nothing at all against Orient as a club, wouldn't mind sending more of our youth players down there on loan to gain match practise. But as for Hearn I think he's realised that his ship has sailed. He won't get his hands on the OS, he won't get any money on the side and he won't get to sell Brisbane Road anytime soon.
And I don't see another legal route left he and his cronies might use to make a continued nuisance of themselves.

There will be an announcement at the end of the Olympics and that will be it...
BalaamBoy
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by BalaamBoy »

Let's forget being professional - no-one else is behaving in a professional manner, and quite frankly it's getting on my t1ts now!

The legal profession and the legacy committee (whatever they're called) need to take a long hard look at themselves. The club entered into a legally binding bidding process at great expense only to have some bright-spark lawyer call foul and chuck his toys out! I think we should take a new approach:

1. Sue the legacy committee for the expenses incurred in their flawed bid system
2. Sue Hearne and Levy for loss of earnings
3. Spunk the lot on London Pride or a new East Stand

Cheers! :thup:
Hermit Road

Post by Hermit Road »

This statement is fantastic. I bet Hearn's got the right hump about it because let's face it, it's made him look like the utter knob he is. Good work.
hammerinspain

Post by hammerinspain »

I think it is a brilliant reply which treats Hearn with the contempt he deserves
adie

Post by adie »

I don't see why Hearn would of contacted West Ham about ground sharing, if he spoke to anyone it would be the LLDC and now we know why the delay in announcing the tenants for the athletic stadium. A lot of people have taken it for granted the olympic bods want West Ham United as tenants, could just be the LLDC are touting about for new tenants other than West Ham. Orient would fit nicely into the original descaled down 25,000 seater stadium.
The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

I think that we should enter into neogtiations with Clapton Orient with regard to ground sharing the Olympic Stadium. String them along up to the point where we have to make a financial commitment and then say "Sorry, we don't fancy it, Barry. It's all yours".

When the stadium company goes tits up, some years down the line, we'll step in and take it over. Adjust the track and install retractable stands and it might just be ok.
Mr_Andersonn

Post by Mr_Andersonn »

adie wrote:I don't see why Hearn would of contacted West Ham about ground sharing, if he spoke to anyone it would be the LLDC and now we know why the delay in announcing the tenants for the athletic stadium. A lot of people have taken it for granted the olympic bods want West Ham United as tenants, could just be the LLDC are touting about for new tenants other than West Ham. Orient would fit nicely into the original descaled down 25,000 seater stadium.
One problem is that this would not happen until after 2017. Another issue is that UK Athletics have already signed a 99 year lease and will want the stadium at 60,000 for potential future events. There may well be something in the lease that already states that the stadium will stay 60,000 after the games. Barry H is pissing in the wind.
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

Again, no one can force us to share the OS with another football club, or rugby club or cricket or whatever. The LLDC may look at all the applications and decide they want us, Orient, Essex Cricket, Saracens Rugby plus Madonna once a month.
If we don't approve we will pull out and then the big question is: Will the LLDC still give it to Orient, Essex Cricket, Saracens Rugby plus Madonna once a month and will it bring in enough money on a regular basis to make it all work ?

I think the answer to that is: You need a Premier League football team in there (like West Ham) as anchor tenant who can virtually guarantee at least 40.000 paying supporters in the ground for a minimum of 20 dates a year at least (cup matches also played there obviously). Orient with a bit of luck and goodwill may get around 10.000, so will Saracens Rugby and maybe even Essex Cricket, Madonna would get more, but then of course she wouldn't come over that often...

So I'd be VERY surprised if the final decision did not involve West Ham as anchor tenant...
freddies shears

Post by freddies shears »

Hearn / Gold / Sullivan all the same type of people just different names.
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

I seriously wonder how the LLDC will take these comments Pop;

"We do not wish to comment on recent statements made by Barry Hearn not least because we can't keep up with his ever-changing position.

"They continue, however, to provide us with a constant source of amusement.'

Joking aside, it's not very professional as you said![/quote]

Talk about never being able to please some people!! :eh:
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

I'm sorry but I think it's a lovely put down, whether it's the correct thing to do or not.
Just what that Slimeball Hearn deserves, he has slagged our club and supporters off all the time while praising the Filth. :crest: COYI
Mike420

Post by Mike420 »

Adie64 wrote:I'm sorry but I think it's a lovely put down, whether it's the correct thing to do or not.
Just what that Slimeball Hearn deserves, he has slagged our club and supporters off all the time while praising the Filth. :crest: COYI
I think it's about time we fought our corner. Spuds were putting our bid down and using illegal methods to obtain information. Hearn being the odious man he is using all his air time to mess up our bid. Neither concentrated on their own bids like we did.

It's about time we showed up Hearn for what he is. If we don't highlight what a joke he is people might start to actually believe his bullsh*t knowing how gullible a lot of people are...
rossmundo
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by rossmundo »

Let em groundshare, dont know how they will be able to stump up at least 100 million towards the 200 million refit. All pie in the sky
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

rossmundo wrote:Let em groundshare, dont know how they will be able to stump up at least 100 million towards the 200 million refit. All pie in the sky
:eh:
Mr_Andersonn

Post by Mr_Andersonn »

Geordie Hammer wrote:I've literally spat my coffee out reading that statement.

Not professional but it's priceless! :lol:
And Hearn along with Spurs have acted in a professional manner from day one?!?!

Do me a favour! Thats almost as amusing as the clubs statement.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

f*** that 'orrible little **** of a man and stick your groundshare up your ****ing ass.