Now Hearn wants to ground share

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Re: Now Hearn wants to ground share

Post by Adie64 »

Mr_Andersonn wrote: And Hearn along with Spurs have acted in a professional manner from day one?!?!

Do me a favour! Thats almost as amusing as the clubs statement.
:thup: We do need to stand up for ourselves, remember how we only heard Sh*tfield United in the papers over Tevez. We were all saying I wish our Club would fight back in the papers. In the end everyone believed what they were saying, we were to reserved.
Well done who ever's Idea it was to put out that Statement. Sounds more Karren than one of the Dave's.
hammers1954

Post by hammers1954 »

I am truly baffled why some people on here think West Ham's response to Barry Hearn is somehow improper and that the Legacy Company would not like it.

Despite some obtuse tweets from David Gold we have never commented about the comments Hearn was making. Now we have and it is factually correct. Hearn's request to groundshare completely contradicts his previous views, therefore it is hard to keep up with him and his statements are a "constant source of amusement". Far from being unprofessional, I think our response is restrained and says exactly what everyone else, including the Legacy Company which can't say so, is now thinking!

Well done Barry you have now dug yourself a hole that you can't get out of. I just feel sorry for the Orient. In my experience over the years a decent little club whose core support was ok and in the 60's and 70's must have had a couple of thousand Hammers watching them, but not now his antics has driven away that potential floating support for good.
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

hammers1954 wrote:I am truly baffled why some people on here think West Ham's response to Barry Hearn is somehow improper and that the Legacy Company would not like it.

Despite some obtuse tweets from David Gold we have never commented about the comments Hearn was making. Now we have and it is factually correct. Hearn's request to groundshare completely contradicts his previous views, therefore it is hard to keep up with him and his statements are a "constant source of amusement". Far from being unprofessional, I think our response is restrained and says exactly what everyone else, including the Legacy Company which can't say so, is now thinking!

Well done Barry you have now dug yourself a hole that you can't get out of. I just feel sorry for the Orient. In my experience over the years a decent little club whose core support was ok and in the 60's and 70's must have had a couple of thousand Hammers watching them, but not now his antics has driven away that potential floating support for good.
:thup:
MLK.Jnr

Post by MLK.Jnr »

:thup:
hammers1954 wrote:I am truly baffled why some people on here think West Ham's response to Barry Hearn is somehow improper and that the Legacy Company would not like it.

HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

I still don't hold a grudge against Orient as a club, it's just Hearn who is so irritating. But like with West Ham, I feel the club is always bigger than a manger or a team owner. Orient still have a future, and I feel it will be even brighter when Hearn is no longer involved in the running of the club...
Mike420

Post by Mike420 »

http://www.leytonorient.com/page/NewsDe ... 73,00.html

LEYTON ORIENT chairman Barry Hearn has called on the Olympic Games legacy makers to start 'taking our club seriously' after the bidding process for the Olympic Stadium was altered for a third time.

Hearn is seeking confirmation from the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) that they will provide an Olympic Stadium fit for football with tiered seating covering the athletics track in order to determine whether or not Leyton Orient will have an interest in becoming a tenant.

West Ham United have declared that they will only be interested in occupancy if the athletics track is covered by seating during the football season and if this seating is to be installed then Leyton Orient would be similarly interested.

"If the stadium will deliver a world class football arena that would feel like a home to our fans, then it would be wrong of us not to declare an interest in order to further investigate the situation," Hearn said.

"I have always said I will not ask our fans to watch football from behind an athletics track, but if that problem is to be removed then we must evaluate all options.

"If we receive confirmation of the seating installation we will commence full dialogue with our supporters via the Supporters Club, Supporters Trust and other relevant parties to gauge fans' opinion of a potential move.

"We have maintained from the beginning that a major football club moving into the Olympic Stadium on our doorstep will have an enormously detrimental effect on our revenues which will see Leyton Orient struggle to stay in business.

"An independent report confirms the negative effect on our club. To our knowledge none of the Government, Mayor of London or the Premier League have considered in any way Leyton Orient's sustainability in the future if a major football club moved into the Olympic Stadium.

"The bidding process for the Olympic Stadium has been shambolic and we now embark on a third process with Mayor of London Boris Johnson already quoted as saying that West Ham were "almost certainly" going to be the tenants and "we will keep it in public hands but we will effectively rent it to a football club, almost certainly West Ham."

"This in our opinion compromises the entire process and we will continue the opposition that has resulted in the bid process twice being halted already. It would appear that for the third bidding process the goal posts have been moved again by the LLDC hence our decision to confirm our interest in a tenancy. By being part of the Olympic legacy we believe we would have a foundation for a more sustainable future.

"We are a debt free community club operating within the spirit of the Olympics, employing local people and providing valuable benefits to the Community. We should be recognised and valued, not ignored by those in power and we shall again be seeking to be treated in a fair and reasonable manner.

"West Ham's statement last week which referred to my "ever changing position" is patronising to say the least. A major club moving on to our doorstep would undoubtedly damage us - an independent report has confirmed that. Furthermore, with three bidding processes and the constantly changing requirements from the LLDC it is hardly surprising that my position also changes to meet the new criteria as it evolves.

"I am glad West Ham think we are providing them with a constant source of amusement - we are a small Community club with 130 years of history fighting to stay in business and they need to understand that we shall continue to challenge any decision that places the future of our Football Club in doubt and that we deserve proper consideration and respect.

"The decision as to whether we are involved in dialogue over the stadium or not does not rest with West Ham. It is up to the LLDC and ultimately the Mayor of London and the Government and we call on them to start taking our club seriously at this crucial time."
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

As far as the amusement is concerned this is not being provided by Orient as a club but by their laughable chairman Mr.Hearn.
The guy needs to make his bloody mind up. So now that we have said we don't want to groundshare (I don't think under league rules we actually could groundshare even if we wanted to) we are the enemy again.

So, being on Orient's doorstep will destroy his club ? Newsflash Mr.Hearn: West Ham and their current ground called Boleyn Ground (Upton Park) have been at Orient's doorstep for over hundred years, although Orient haven't always been in the same location, have they ?

I just hope the LLDC get their decision out soon and I hope that this time around it'll be legally watertight - and no more shifting of goalposts please! If that happens again I hope Gold and Sullivan sue the LLDC for all the millions of pounds already spent on legal costs and applying procedures etc.

Once again: I like Orient as a club and I hope they do well in the future. But I also hope that someday they will have a better chairman than today...
adie

Post by adie »

maybe Gold & Sullivan could learn something from wide boy Barry, if they were to come out and say unless we have seating over the track and up to the pitch edge we will walk away. Instead all we hear is 'fit for football' yet they won't say what that means. If they were to go public and announce that nothing short of retractable seating over the track would do, I'm sure the majority of fans would be in favour of a move. So why don't they ? I ain't having this confidentiality clause talk, Barry has made that statement, why can't they ? Surely they can say whether they are prepared to pay for retractable seating and a fully extended roof, my suspicions is they can't afford to put in retractable seating and a new roof, mainly on the strength they can't afford to spend a million quid on claret seating to make the stadium feel like a home for West Ham United, so where are they gonna find 10 to 20 million on seating and a roof ?
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

.leytonorient.com wrote:West Ham United have declared that they will only be interested in occupancy if the athletics track is covered by seating during the football season and if this seating is to be installed then Leyton Orient would be similarly interested.
adie wrote:maybe Gold & Sullivan could learn something from wide boy Barry, if they were to come out and say unless we have seating over the track and up to the pitch edge we will walk away. Instead all we hear is 'fit for football' yet they won't say what that means. If they were to go public and announce that nothing short of retractable seating over the track would do, I'm sure the majority of fans would be in favour of a move. So why don't they ? I ain't having this confidentiality clause talk, Barry has made that statement, why can't they ?
Seem Barry thinks we have? And what Hearn has said "if there is retractable seating we are interested", hardly the same as us releasing details of our actual bid, which is where the confidentiality issues come in, Adie I have been involved on competitive tendering and it's not unusual for the terms of the tender to state you are not allowed to discuss the details of you bid. in public, Hearn hasn't bid so he can say what he likes.
adie wrote: Surely they can say whether they are prepared to pay for retractable seating and a fully extended roof, my suspicions is they can't afford to put in retractable seating and a new roof, mainly on the strength they can't afford to spend a million quid on claret seating to make the stadium feel like a home for West Ham United, so where are they gonna find 10 to 20 million on seating and a roof ?
Not if it is part of our bid and subject to confidentiality clauses and who says we are paying for it, I would assume that as the LLDC have reopened the process to the those who original expressed an interest because of the proposals we have made they will be paying for it. Anyway there is always the money from the sale of our ground.

Do we know if Hearn was one of the original group to express an interest? And the question is if we were to share and the leagues allow it, would he pay more rent than us being as league 1 clubs play more games than PL clubs, after all the LLDC could hardly charge less than we are willing to pay because surely that would against anti-competition laws.
adie

Post by adie »

Orient did register an interest. If it ain't West Ham United paying for the conversion to be fit for football, it's even less likely the LLDC will care about football fans. I can't help feeling us fans are gonna get shafted and there's f*** all we can do about it but 'trust' the 2 Daves. It's not like they have given a **** about us or what we think so far.
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

adie wrote:. If it ain't West Ham United paying for the conversion to be fit for football, it's even less likely the LLDC will care about football fans.
Why? We will be the headline act, we will pay the biggest share of any rents needed to make it pay and only a premiership club is going to entice big money naming rights, we hold all the cards, we are in a position to tell them to shove it if we don't get what we want. This is why I believe they have had to reopen the process to the others who expressed an interest, what we have negotiated is not what was on offer, so that now needs to be offered to the other parties. This is why Hearn is now trying to weasel his way in, he is now aware of what can be done to the stadium and given his past statements it obviously means it will be more suitable for football than he thought possible.
adie

Post by adie »

do you not think G&S&B will compromise too much. In an interview Brady said since coming to West Ham all she has cared about is getting West Ham in the Olympic Stadium. Smacks of desperation to me and makes me think she will compromise anything just to achieve her aim.
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

adie wrote:do you not think G&S&B will compromise too much. In an interview Brady said since coming to West Ham all she has cared about is getting West Ham in the Olympic Stadium. Smacks of desperation to me and makes me think she will compromise anything just to achieve her aim.
Not sure they will to be honest, whilst there is no cast iron evidence to support the majority against the move claim there is enough evidence to suggest there is a substantial hard core of fans against the move, they know they cant afford to shed 2,000 plus loyal fans, so if it's feasible to cover that track, (which from what we are hearing is sounding more likely) then they will get it covered, if its not then I don't believe we would be continuing in the process. They might be a lot of things but one thing the Daves aint is stupid.
adie

Post by adie »

I wish I was as confident as you Hammer 110 and I hope you're right and I'm wrong. They are a little bit stupid though, the 20% discount, dropping of Bobby Moore cup, appointing Avram Grant and not sacking him when they should of, snubbing Greenwood & Lyall's families and we are the one of the most expensive clubs to go and watch, they rant about cheap tickets, well actions speak louder than words, they promised cheap tickets at Brum and never delivered. Only with the 20% discount do I feel I've got value for money, like I've said on a number of occasions, I don't trust them.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2072 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Hammer110 wrote:.........................
This is why I believe they have had to reopen the process to the others who expressed an interest, what we have negotiated is not what was on offer, so that now needs to be offered to the other parties.......................
This is why I think the bidding process was reopened :thup:
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

HamburgHammer wrote:I still don't hold a grudge against Orient as a club, it's just Hearn who is so irritating. But like with West Ham, I feel the club is always bigger than a manger or a team owner. Orient still have a future, and I feel it will be even brighter when Hearn is no longer involved in the running of the club...

I DO HOLD A GRUDGE !! f*** EM!! :x
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

Good old Bazza at it again !

http://www.lbc.co.uk/olympic-stadium-we ... e-in-57153" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will he never give up ? The snivelling twonk obviously trying to get us to pay him to go away. I would love it, love it if they get it and he backs out and gets fined (or worse) for wasting Government time....
Us moving nearer will finish them but him moving nearer us wont ? Please explain Barry..
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

HamburgHammer wrote:I still don't hold a grudge against Orient as a club, it's just Hearn who is so irritating. But like with West Ham, I feel the club is always bigger than a manger or a team owner. Orient still have a future, and I feel it will be even brighter when Hearn is no longer involved in the running of the club...
l live on a road off of their ground, used to go a fair bit when I was younger, but since they have nestled under Spurs' arm in the last decade, f*** em.

I'd love nothing more for them to go down. I know a fair few of their fans too, always looking out for Tottenham's results and hoping we lose. Shitty area, shitty club.
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

"The bidding process for the Olympic Stadium has been shambolic and we now embark on a third process with Mayor of London Boris Johnson already quoted as saying that West Ham were "almost certainly" going to be the tenants and "we will keep it in public hands but we will effectively rent it to a football club, almost certainly West Ham."

I can see a losing bidder using this as part of a legal challenge that the bidding process was simply a facade to cover West Ham's move there, which the authorites clealry want as the only acceptable bid - for everyone except West Ham fans.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

I had a Martin Luther King moment - I had a dream. I looked at the Olympic Stadium and said 'why not' [share with West Ham]?
Unbelievable. :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18874205" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;