The 5 year ST Loyalty scheme

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

beckton

Re: The 5 year ST Loyalty scheme

Post by beckton »

I just renewed over the phone this morning and was offered the option of either the 5% or 20% discount by the ticket office. :thup:
BarkingHammer80

Post by BarkingHammer80 »

Does anyone know if you can pay in cash at the ticket office. Going to get mine soon
Bedshammer

Post by Bedshammer »

BarkingHammer80 wrote:Does anyone know if you can pay in cash at the ticket office. Going to get mine soon
Yes you can. We did, on Saturday.
BarkingHammer80

Post by BarkingHammer80 »

:thup: cheers mate
Odessa
Has liked: 268 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Odessa »

Does the 20% apply to young adults and childs tickets?

A mate needs to renew for himself, two lads and a 19/20yo and wonders if the discount applies to everyone or just the full price adult ticket.

Cheers in advance.
Bedshammer

Post by Bedshammer »

Odessa wrote:Does the 20% apply to young adults and childs tickets?

A mate needs to renew for himself, two lads and a 19/20yo and wonders if the discount applies to everyone or just the full price adult ticket.

Cheers in advance.
It's for all tickets, as far as I know.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 842 likes

Post by mushy »

I think I am going to plump for the 5% for the next four years option.
Can someone remember to PM me and tell me what a mug I have been in the year 2016 please?
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Odessa wrote:Does the 20% apply to young adults and childs tickets?

Cheers in advance.
I'm renewing 2 adults, one young adult and an under 10 and all have been apportioned the discount online. I will probably go to the ticket office over the weekend and get the 20%.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 842 likes

Post by mushy »

Now here is a question....
what about if you go from say a band four and upgrade to a band 2?
Do you get the discount on the band 4 price or the band 2 price?
Bamber Gascoigne
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Bamber Gascoigne »

Hammers Dad wrote:I'm renewing 2 adults, one young adult and an under 10 and all have been apportioned the discount online. I will probably go to the ticket office over the weekend and get the 20%.
Are your young adults or the under 10s tkts due to change category (eg young adult to adult and/or under 10 to under 16) over the 3 years following 2012/13? Might be worth checking with the ticket office on what basis the 5% is given as if its also applicable to the category change price the 5% over 4 years may potentially be more cost effective. As far as I can tell from what others have posted on here you don;t have to take the same deal for all of the tickets - so you could take the 20% on the adults and 5% over 4 years on the others etc.

My eldest Sons tkt changes to adult end of next season and also 2x under 16s changing to young adult at the same time, so will be investigating the 5% further before we renew...
Hammers Dad
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Bamber Gascoigne wrote: Are your young adults or the under 10s tkts due to change category (eg young adult to adult and/or under 10 to under 16) over the 3 years following 2012/13? Might be worth checking with the ticket office on what basis the 5% is given as if its also applicable to the category change price the 5% over 4 years may potentially be more cost effective. As far as I can tell from what others have posted on here you don;t have to take the same deal for all of the tickets - so you could take the 20% on the adults and 5% over 4 years on the others etc.

My eldest Sons tkt changes to adult end of next season and also 2x under 16s changing to young adult at the same time, so will be investigating the 5% further before we renew...
Now why didn't I think of that......?
My boy is 10 in September and daughetr 20 in October so a 5% reduction would be better for them whereas my missus and I are already old gits so will take the 20% in one go.

Thanks..
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Yet another email from the club asking me to renew today. No mention of the 20% to tempt me though.
I will renew but they're not getting my money until the last day.
west ham15
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

brownout wrote:Yet another email from the club asking me to renew today. No mention of the 20% to tempt me though.
I will renew but they're not getting my money until the last day.
So what difference does that make then?? They are ending up getting your money........
Smudger1
Has liked: 17 likes

Post by Smudger1 »

west ham15 wrote: So what difference does that make then?? They are ending up getting your money........
Personally using my credit card on either the day before or on deadline day will mean the bill won't be due until later in August as I'll have mised the deadline in the July bill, every little helps :wink:
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Same here - another month until credit card payment due.
Hammer2002

Post by Hammer2002 »

I will definitely be taking my 20% now, as that's what I signed up for in the first place.

Doing the maths, I work out by taking the 5% deal, and assuming season ticket prices increased by 5% each year, then I'd be a whole £13 better off in 4 years time, than if I take the 20% now!
If ticket prices go up 10% each year then I'll be almost £26.50 better off.

Not worth waiting 4 years for IMHO. Anyway in 2 years time when we are in the Olympic stadium, the Dave's are going to slash prices aren't they? They promised!

Does anyone know if the ticket office is open on Saturday's for season ticket renewals, and if so what are the opening times?
Last edited by Hammer2002 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

Hammer2002 wrote: Not worth waiting 4 years for IMHO. Anyway in 2 years time when we are in the Olympic statium, the Dave's are going to slash prices aren't they? They promised!
I think what they said was we would have some of the cheapest prices, not that they would slash prices across the board.
Hammer2002

Post by Hammer2002 »

Hammer110 wrote:
I think what they said was we would have some of the cheapest prices, not that they would slash prices across the board.
So for cheapest prices, I wouldn't expect a dramatic increase in prices when(if) we move to the Olympic Stadium.
The Pub Landlord

Post by The Pub Landlord »

I took the 20% option, we might end up like Glasgow Rangers and not exist anymore
LittleChris
Has liked: 93 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by LittleChris »

Hello all, first post though I've been peeking for several years - just naturally shy y'know

I've done the renewal by post since I want to move from the Lower West to the Upper Bobby. Having spoken to the ticket office, I included a letter with the renewal docs confirming that I want the 20% and that it will apply to my new location despite dropping a band. I had the documents back yesterday but only because I hadn't signed the disclaimer ( purposely, since it refers to the 5% ), so have signed it making specfic reference to my letter. Hopefully now moving to the BMU for £588 :thup: