monday's news 18th june includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

monday's news 18th june includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

thanks to xander for the above top work mate

the mirror

Big lad: 6ft 3in Joselu of Real Madrid is West Ham target

Bargain hunter: Allardyce has entered the international transfer market ready to haggle hard
Got anything for the smaller budget? West Ham are looking for a Ronaldo type player, but want change from a tenner :lol:

Cheap as chips: Big Sam's trying a cheeky offer for Real Madrid's £7m striker Joselu

West Ham trying to wangle a cut-price deal with 'buy-back clause' for Spain Under-21 star who caught Arsene Wenger's eye
Big lad: 6ft 3in Joselu of Real Madrid is West Ham target Big lad: 6ft 3in Joselu of Real Madrid is West Ham target

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce has made a cut-price offer for Real Madrid striker Joselu.

Bargain hunter: Allardyce has entered the international transfer market ready to haggle hard Bargain hunter: Allardyce has entered the international transfer market ready to haggle hard
Julian Finney

Spain Under-21 international Joselu, 22, scored 26 goals for Real Madrid’s B team last season and they are considering letting him go out on loan or permanently with a buy-back clause.

West Ham have offered Real Madrid a buy back price of £1.5m for next summer and £2m for 2013 which the Spanish giants have rejected.

Real Madrid are holding out for a £7m deal this summer and West Ham only want to pay a fraction of that price with a buyback guarantee inserted.

Allardyce remains keen but it may come down to whether Real Madrid agree to loan him out. Arsenal scouted the ex-Celta Vigo youngster last season.

the mail

Making his move: West Ham boss Sam Allardyce wants to sign Real Madrid striker Joselu

Hammers make approach for Madrid youngster Joselu including 'buy back' option

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce is weighing up an ambitious move for Real Madrid's Spain U21 striker Joselu.

The Hammers manager is understood to have made a cut price offer for the striker which includes a 'buy back clause' in it.

Joselu, 22, netted 26 goals for Real Madrid’s B team last season and they are considering letting him go out on loan or permanently with a buy-back clause.

According to The Daily Mirror, West Ham have offered Real Madrid a buy back price of £1.5million for next summer and £2m for 2013 which the Spanish giants have rejected.

Real Madrid are holding out for a £7m deal this summer and West Ham only want to pay a fraction of that price with a buyback guarantee inserted.

Allardyce remains keen but it may come down to whether Real Madrid agree to loan him out. Arsenal scouted the ex-Celta Vigo youngster last season.

the mail

Johnson's QPR deal imminent as Nelsen signs with Green and Fabio expected to join them

Andy Johnson will sign for Queens Park Rangers on Monday on a two-year deal.

The 31-year-old will join up with Ryan Nelsen, 34, who signed a one-year deal on Saturday.

Keeper Robert Green, 32, who had his medical that day, is expected to sign on Wednesday
and Manchester United full back Fabio, 21, is due to sign on loan.

sport360

Luc who the Hammers want to sign: Inter striker Castaignos.
Eljero Elia

West Ham set to go double Dutch for Elia & Castaignos

As they prepare for life back in the Premier League, West Ham are reportedly readying an ambitious double raid on Serie A for Juventus winner Eljero Elia and Internazionale striker Luc Castaignos.

Football Italia claim Hammers boss Sam Allardyce held a meeting with Juve director Fabio Paratici last week to discuss a move for Dutch flyer Elia, who has been told he is surplus to requirements at the Juventus Stadium.

A €8million has been mooted for the 25-year-old who made only five appearances for the Bianconeri last season following his move from German club Hamburg last summer.

Elia has also been heavily linked with Premier league giants Liverpool, but news that West Ham have opened negotiations for the winger suggests that a move to Upton Park may be in the offing.

Meanwhile, reports in Italy also claim West Ham have began talks with Inter over the possible signing of Castaignos in a €7million deal.

The teenage Dutch forward arrived at the Giuseppe Meazza last summer with a big reputation having netted 15 goals for Feyenoord in Eredivisie.

The 19-year-old's exploits caught the eye of a host of Europe's elite with Real Madrid, Arsenal and Manchester United all credited with an interest, before he eventually chose Inter.

However, Castaignos has failed to hit the heights expected in Italy and having made just six appearances for the Nerazzurri he could now be set for a move to east London should West Ham succeed in convincing Inter to sell.

West Ham are though to be in the market for a new frontman and have been linked with wantaway Norwich striker Grant Holt, while Wigan midfield Mohamed Diame is set to join on a free transfer.

footballfanscast.com

West Ham have launched an ambitious £8m bid to re-sign Demba Ba from Newcastle United.

The Hammers are looking to strengthen their strike-force ahead of the new Premier League season and see Demba Ba as the perfect man to lead the line next campaign.

The striker enjoyed his previous time at West Ham, and although it was short, it was very promising. Demba Ba notched up seven goals in just 12 appearances.

The London club allowed Ba to leave as a free agent when they were relegated as David Sullivan did not want to pay a striker £50k whilst in the Championship. A decision that David Sullivan describes as ‘his biggest mistake in football’. It’s understandable that a relegated club would look to cut the pay bill, but had Sullivan have known just how good Demba Ba was, there is no doubt about it, Ba would have remained a Hammer.

Ba really did like playing for The Hammers; he appreciated the huge support from the fans, he liked London and also made some very good friends at the club. He still meets up with Carlton Cole whenever he plays in the capital and despite wayward rumours it wasn’t a straight forward decision to leave. But when the Chairman didn’t want to pay his wages he had to leave, and Ba decided to join Newcastle.

Demba Ba has been phenomenal in his first season at St. James’ Park, scoring 16 times. His goal scoring ability has caught the eye of most clubs, and the bad news for Newcastle is that he could leave for very cheap. In order for Newcastle to secure the services of Ba they had to put a buyout cause into his contract that would allow him to speak to any other club.

David Sullivan spoke about the contract and said: “I’m told he’s got a £7 million get-out at Newcastle and he gets half the money over that. They keep denying it, but I think you’ll see in the summer he will leave Newcastle, or he’ll get a monstrous rise to stay there.

“If they get about £4 million, half will go to him, so if they sell him for £7 million, they’ll only net about three because they paid his agent £2 million to get him out of here. Getting £3 million is not bad, but for a player of his quality, it’s not fantastic.”

Knowing that such a little sum can open up talks with the player, Sullivan has lodged a bid of £8m bid in the hope that he can persuade the Senegalese forward to come back to Upton Park. It is thought that Demba Ba’s management team, which is headed by his brother, are interested in what the London club will offer. West Ham will offer near enough anything to bring Ba back and this is what makes Demba Ba’s management team interested.

However, the good news for Newcastle is that despite the bid, and the possible talks Ba is unlikely to want to give up Europa League football. The chances of Ba re-joining West Ham are very low; the player himself has said he is happy at the Toon.

Although he loved life in London he has admitted that the Newcastle faithful have been the best supporters he’s ever played in front of.

The striker said: “The season has been very great for the club and the whole city.”

“For me personally, I had a very good season.

“I scored 16 goals in half a season. It was very good. We play in the Europa League next season, so we’re very happy.

“The Premier League, for me, is probably the best league in the world.

“Nobody expected us to do so good. At the end we were there in fifth place, and it was absolutely amazing.

“I have to say these fans are just amazing.

“The best fans I’ve seen, and the best stadium I’ve played in so far.

Perhaps a more lucrative move to the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd of somewhere abroad mayt urn Demba Ba’s head but for the time being, West Ham is not interesting him.

west ham till i die

Striker Latest: Could Yilmaz be the One?

The transfer rumours continue apace. And most of the are complete and utter rubbish, but I suppose it keeps us all entertained. Tonight I read that we have made four £8 million bids for strikers. A likely story. They are supposedly Ba, Yilmaz, Castaignos and - wait for it - Adebayor. As I have said before I don't see any way we could risk re-signing Demba Ba, no matter how much most of us would like to. Are really going to risk £8 million on a player whose knee could go any moment? The finances and risks just don't add up. I can also foresee Hoffenheim atempting to implement some of the terms of the original deal if he comes back. Adebayor would be a no go at this stage. His wages are said to be north of £180k a week, which is something we could never contemplate. The only way that would happen is if Man City can't sell him and would loan him out again for a season. Whether he'd come to us anyway is a very moot point.

Yilmaz is a player who has always impressed me and this is the only one of those four which has any semblance of logic about it. He has a fantastic goals to appearances ratio for his club, Trabzonspur - 55 in 75 games, and for Turkey he has scored 6 in 18. Last season he scored 33 goals in 30 games, which isn't bad, but if you look back at his record for his previous clubs he wasn't nearly as successful. I guess at the age of 26 he has now come into his prime. He's quite a big guy too, at 6'2. And he is used to playing in claret and blue, for those are Trabszonspur's colours too. It's an omen, I tell you, an omen! However, in January he was quoted as saying that if he came to England he wanted to come to Arsenal. Hmmm.

We are still being linked with Yakubu and Grant Holt. Diame will apparently sign on the dotted line in the next 24 hours and a deal with Zaha is said to be close, with Baldock going the other way on a season long loan and Freddie Sears as a permanent makeweight. We'll see.

It's also being reported that Rob Green has received a £2 million signing on fee from QPR, pls £50k a week. You can hardly blame him for moving, can you?

west ham till i die

How the Fixtures Fall Will Be a Factor Next Season!

The PL fixtures for 2012-13 are to be made public tomorrow. Apart from the general interest in who West Ham will be playing and when, it will also be a factor in our success or otherwise next season. You will recall that when we were relegated in 2010-11, our fixure list was front loaded with tough games that put us on a back foot straightaway. It was not the ultimate factor, but it was one of a number of factors contributing to our eventual demise.

If we do well in our first 10 fixures then it dramatically increases out chances of not only surviving, but even perhaps doing a bit better than that. Do badly, over those games, and its more likely that we will face a season long struggle. So, lets hope that the fixtures fall more kindly this time around, to help us get us off to a decent start. Starting with a nice opening home fixture against the likes of Wigan or Norwich City!

SJ. Chandos.

France and Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila, 21, admits he is interested in a move to Arsenal as Gunners manager Arsene Wenger looks to do business early in the transfer window.
talkSPORT

Luka Modric is close to moving to Spain, with Real Madrid desperate to sign the 26-year-old Tottenham midfielder.

Daily Mail
Benedikt Howedes

Howedes has eight caps for Germany, having made his debut against Uruguay in May 2011

Barcelona are interested in making a move for Modric's team-mate for club and country, 26-year-old defender Vedran Corluka.
Footy Latest

FORMER West Ham striker Marlon Harewood is set to join Bournemouth.

Harewood, 32, was recently released by Nottingham Forest.

GARY ROBERTS is set to sign for Swindon after the 28- year-old winger’s exit from Huddersfield.

Robins are also keen on Yeovil striker Andy Williams, 25, and Brighton midfielder Alan Navarro, 31.

RANGERS will not appear on the Scottish Premier League fixture list when it is published today.

The soon-to-be liquidated Glasgow club will be replaced with ‘Club 12’ until their future is decided.

West Ham are looking for a cut-price deal with a 'buy-back clause' for Joselu, the 22-year-old Real Madrid striker who has caught Wenger's eye.

Daily Mirror

Free agent Andy Johnson is in talks with QPR about a deal that will see him link up again with old boss Mark Hughes.
the Sun

Paul Lambert is being urged to sign French left-back Massadio Haidara from AS Nancy - a target for previous boss Alex McLeish.

Daily Mirror

Liverpool are interested in versatile Schalke and Germany defender Benedikt Howedes, 24, and are readying an offer as manager Brendan Rodgers is concerned about his options in the centre of defence.

Caught Offside

The agent of Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen, 25, insists the player's move to Tottenham is still set to go ahead despite the sacking of manager Harry Redknapp.
Metro

Swansea want to buy Sweden striker Markus Rosenberg, 29, who is a free agent after five years at Werder Bremen.
Roy Keane

Roy Keane's comments as a TV pundit have riled Republic of Ireland boss Giovanni Trapattoni

Daily Mail

Former England defender Alvin Martin has no confidence in their ability to make it beyond the quarter-finals, saying they need "a lot of luck".

talkSPORT

Republic of Ireland boss Giovanni Trapattoni has taken another swipe at Roy Keane after the former Republic captain delivered a second damning assessment of the current team.

Metro

Wayne Rooney returns for England on Tuesday saying they are good enough to win the Euro finals.

Daily Telegraph

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is swooping for Manchester City scout Barry Hunter as he builds an elite talent-spotting team for his Anfield project.

Daily Mirror

Harry Redknapp says: "I wouldn't swap England's front six for Spain's!"

babe of the day

http://www.nuts.co.uk/images/gallery/20 ... uk_92_.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jarvo
Total likes: 1 like

Re: monday's news 18th june includes west ham

Post by Jarvo »

Cheers CH :thup:
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

quality BOTB again CH .. cheers.

Ba= no way!
OFT
Has liked: 2992 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

Ta Sir C H.

Ba........humbug
Last edited by OFT on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

w4hammer wrote:quality BOTB again CH .. cheers.

Ba= no way!

no problem mate wonder if it is still worth doing do not get much feedback on the babe of the day
OFT
Has liked: 2992 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

cockney hammer wrote:

no problem mate wonder if it is still worth doing do not get much feedback on the babe of the day
Difficult to type left handed :D
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Cheers CH, as always.

BOTD :thup:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Difficult to type left handed :D

pmsl
Keepers
Location: If we could play Arsenal every week , everything would be great.

Post by Keepers »

Cheers ch , I should post my thanks more often.

Your news round up and babe of the day start every day for me.
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Cheers CH.
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

Thanks CH

£8m for Ba, where do people pick these rumors up from? There would be more truth in us attempting to sign Jesus!
Trevor Montana

Post by Trevor Montana »

You would think after the Ba debacle that we wouldn't try any more similar deals. If we sign Joselu on those terms and he comes over and tears up the Premier League, there is nothing to stop Real Madrid invoking the buy back clause and flogging him to the highest bidder.
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

Thanks CH
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

Cheers Ch.

BOTD looks filth,
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

skysports

Hammers close on Olsson

Premier League new-boys hoping to snap up defender after Euros

Sky Sports sources understand West Ham are hoping to conclude the signing of West Brom defender Jonas Olsson after Euro 2012.

The centre-back, who has been representing Sweden in Group D of the tournament opposite England, France and Ukraine, is out of contract at The Hawthorns next summer.

Olsson has previously hinted he would be open to a new challenge away from the Baggies, who recently appointed Steve Clarke as their new boss.

Tottenham were reported to be chasing his signature but it is uncertain whether he is still a target following the sacking of manager Harry Redknapp.

Aston Villa, Fulham, Everton, and Turkish side Galatasaray have also been linked with the stopper but it appears the Hammers could beat them to the punch.

The 29-year-old, who joined the Baggies from NEC Nijmegen in 2008, has previously said he will make a decision on his future after the Euros.

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce is keen to strengthen his options after guiding the club back into the Premier League last season.
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

Thanks CH, :thup:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

THE SUN: Tottenham face a player revolt if they push ahead with plans to appoint ex-Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas. Also: Wayne Rooney is back on the England frontline tomorrow insisting: We can win the Euros. Also: Theo Walcott could miss England's crucial clash with Ukraine tomorrow through injury.

DAILY MAIL: Wayne Rooney is ready to end years of bitter disappointment at major tournaments and take Euro 2012 by storm. Croatia coach Slaven Bilic last night launched a scathing attack on his team's 'crazy' fans who threw a banana on the pitch as Mario Balotelli was subbed during Thursday's game against Italy in Poznan.

DAILY MIRROR: Wayne Rooney last night claimed Spain will hold no fears for England - and insisted Roy Hodgson's men can win the Euros. Theo Walcott last night gave England another injury scare.

DAILY EXPRESS: Wayne Rooney prepared to burst into Euro 2012 by last night insisting England can go all the way and win the tournament. .

DAILY STAR: Wayne Rooney insists England can win Euro 2012 - and spank Spain in the process. Also: Theo Walcott is a major doubt for tomorrow's clash with Ukraine.

DAILY TELEGRAPH: Wayne Rooney returns from suspension against Ukraine tomorrow fuelled by a feeling that Roy Hodgson's team can actually win Euro 2012. Also: Theo Walcott has suffered an injury setback but is still expected to be fit for tomorrow's final Euro 2012 Group D match against Ukraine.

THE TIMES: Wayne Rooney will return to an England side that he believes are good enough to win the European Championship when he makes his first appearance of the tournament in thier final Group D game, against Ukraine, tomorrow.

THE GUARDIAN: Wayne Rooney will return to the fold against Ukraine tomorrow convinced that England are contenders to win Euro 2012 and intent on making amends for the previous personal traumas he has endured at major tournaments. Also: The Football Association is to contest a charge brought against it by Uefa, the European game's governing body, over the conduct of England supporters during the Group D victory against Sweden at Kiev's Olympic Stadium on Friday.

THE INDEPENDENT: Roy Hodgson revealed last night that his game-changing substitute Theo Walcott is a doubt for tomorrow's final Euro 2012 group match against Ukraine with a recurrence of the hamstring injury that plauged the Arsenal winger last season. Also: The Netherlands crashed out of Euro 2012 last night after being played off the pitch by a Portugal side led by a Cristiano Ronaldo who has finally found his scoring touch.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Tottenham face a player revolt if they push ahead with plans to appoint ex-Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas.

Wayne Rooney is back on the England frontline tomorrow insisting: We can win the Euros.

Theo Walcott could miss England's crucial clash with Ukraine tomorrow through injury.

Andy Johnson is in talks with QPR as he prepares to re-join old boss Mark Hughes.

Former West Ham striker Marlon Harewood is set to join Bournemouth.

DAILY MIRROR

Wayne Rooney last night claimed Spain hold no fears for England - and insisted Roy Hodgson's men can win Euro 2012.

Theo Walcott last night gave England another injury scare.

Aston Villa want new boss Paul Lambert to approve a deal for Nancy left-back Massadio Haidara.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is snatching super spy Barry Hunter from Manchester City to become chief scout.

Everton and Newcastle are both keeping tabs on Atletico Madrid midfielder Raul Garcia.

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce has made a cut-price offer for Real Madrid striker Joselu.

Birmingham have made contact with Lee Clark about becoming their next boss.

Huddersfield manager Simon Grayson will make a £1.5million move for Leeds forward Ross McCormack.

Charlton boss Chris Powell wants to sign Rangers forward Sone Aluko.

DAILY MAIL

Wayne Rooney is ready to end years of bitter disappointment at major tournaments and take Euro 2012 by storm.

Real Madrid are stepping up their bid to sign Luka Modric, with a friend of the Tottenham midfielder saying he is close to a move.

Andy Johnson will sign for QPR today on a two-year deal.

Robert Green is expected to sign for QPR on Wednesday
and Manchester United full-back Fabio is due to sign on loan.

Swansea want to sign Sweden striker Markus Rosenberg.

Liverpool are negotiating with Hoffenheim over a fee of about £8.2million for midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Norwich have joined Bolton in the chase for Leicester defender Matt Mills.

Bolton are in talks to sign Republic of Ireland midfielder Keith Andrews.

Mido is expected to move to Barnsley today.

DAILY EXPRESS

Wayne Rooney prepared to burst into Euro 2012 by last night insisting England can go all the way and win the tournament.

Theo Walcott's hopes of building on his match-winning cameo against Sweden have receded after he handed England an injury scare ahead of tomorrow's showdown with Ukraine.

DAILY STAR

Wayne Rooney insists England can win Euro 2012 - and spank Spain in the process.

Theo Walcott is a major doubt for England's clash with Ukraine tomorrow.

Fabio Capello last night confirmed his interest in managing in the Premier League.

DAILY RECORD

Dorin Goian last night admitted Rangers' omission from the SPL's 2012-13 fixture list could lead to a player crisis for owner Charles Green.

Jean-Alain Boumsong last night offered to return to Rangers on a cut-price contract if it helps Walter Smith resurrect the club.

Greece hero Michalis Sifakis last night emerged as a shock goalkeeping alternative for Celtic.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Tottenham face a player revolt if they push ahead with plans to appoint ex-Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas.

:raver: Turmoil!
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Cheers CH ~ Jonas Olson gets a :thup: from me. Scaninavian players are tailor made for the Premiership. Really, honest, hard working, 6/10 players.