saturday's news 30th june includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

saturday's news 30th june includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

the sun

MARTIN OLSSON has handed in a transfer request at Blackburn Rovers.

There will be a scramble for sign the Swedish defender, 24, with West Ham and
Stoke interested.

daily mail

Target: Abdou Kader Mangane could join West Ham
nathaniel clyne

West Ham ready to bolster back four with Clyne and Mangane in sights

West Ham hope to agree terms with Crystal Palace right back Nathaniel Clyne, 21, whose contract expires on Saturday.

They are also ready to compete with Arsenal for Rennes defender Abdou Kader Mangane, 29.

official site

Sears departs

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20120629/ ... 84_2827558" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

all the best freddie :thup:

the sun

Go for Zo

Former Italy striker Zola has been lined up to replace Sean Dyche as Hornets chief in a major overhaul at Vicarage Road.

The new Italian owners want to bring in their own men and ex-Chelsea star Zola will be joined by director of football Gianluca Nani — a former colleague at West Ham.

Scott Duxbury, who has helped broker the deal, is expected to be named as the new chief executive at the Championship outfit.

good luck with that lol

Is passion and heart enough?

The career of Mark Noble is one of loyalty and passion for his boyhood club tainted by inconsistent performances and poor decision making.

The 25 year old midfielder is currently the longest serving West Ham player with 8 years and 192 games. Noble has always declared his love for the club and has no intentions of leaving. Captaining the U-21 England team and scoring 3 goals in the process made Hammers fans feel the academy had churned out yet another fantastic player.

With an eye for a pin point pass or a killer cross that make keepers quake in their boots he can produce fantastic displays, he can regularly be seen barking orders to the players and has the ability to fire the team up.

The problem is, that though the above seems like an ideal central midfielder, Noble lacks consistency he can be Iniesta one game and look like a Sunday league player the next. Pin point passes become wildly aimless and his crosses are not worth the energy it takes to strike the ball.

So if a captain should lead by example is passion and heart enough to justify strings of poor form ?

In my opinion yes.

We have a rare and hard to find player, a player who pulls on the shirt and feels pride, a player who gives his all everytime he steps onto the turf, a player who would do just about anything to help the club.

He is a propper West Ham player, who would be missed by the team and fans alike, the captains armband could be just what he needs to shake the inconsistency and be the captain fans have longed for, so for me no more journeymen looking for a pay packet, no more players that look at West Ham as a stepping stone, let’s start giving the armband to the players with West Ham in their hearts!

Chelsea look set to beat Real Madrid's offer for Luka Modric, 26, as they prepare a £36m bid for the midfielder.

Daily Express

Ibrahim Afellay is ready for showdown talks over his Barcelona future - with Tottenham and Liverpool watching developments on the 26-year-old.

talkSPORT

Manchester United are stepping up their efforts to capture Leighton Baines and want the 27-year-old to fly out on their pre-season tour on 16 July.

The Mirror

Andre Villas-Boas wants to make Porto's Joao Moutinho, 25, his first signing at Tottenham for £32m as a replacement for Luka Modric.

Joao Moutinho said to be top of AVB's wanted list

Daily Star

Spurs' Giovani Dos Santos, 23, is expected to leave White Hart Lane for either Sevilla or Atletico Madrid at the weekend.

The Guardian

Fulham and Everton are said to be chasing Czech defender Tomas Sivok, 28, a free agent when his current deal with Besiktas comes to an end.

ootylatest.com

Ezequiel Lavezzi has snubbed a move to Manchester City in favour of joining Paris St Germain. The 27-year-old is close to agreeing a £21m move to the French capital.

The Sun

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is eyeing Bolton's Mark Davies, 24, in a £6million swoop after missing out on Gylfi Sigurdsson.

The Mirror

Newcastle United chiefs have travelled to Holland to discuss a move for Luuk De Jong, 21, of FC Twente.

Newcastle Evening Chronicle

Stoke manager Tony Pulis has joined the race with Sunderland for Wolves' 10m-rated striker Steven Fletcher, 25.

Daily Express

Mario Balotelli is not interested in a move back to Italy - because he thinks Manchester City fans will still love him even though he knocked England out.

Mario Balotelli joined Man City for £22m from Inter

The Sun

Sergio Ramos says he does not want penalties at the end of the Euro 2012 final and has warned Spain they will have to stop the "unique" Andrea Pirlo.

The Guardian

Spain midfielder Cesc Fabregas admits that Mario Balotelli is the greatest threat to Spain's bid to make history.

The Mirror

Cesare Prandelli has said that his Italy players do not fear Spain and that they will spend all their time before the final looking at their weaknesses.

The Guardian

England must appoint a sports psychologist to cure players of their ever-deepening fear of the penalty kick, according to Gareth Southgate - the favourite to be installed as FA technical director.

Daily Telegraph

Gareth Bale will miss the Olympic football tournament after picking up a hip injury, dealing a huge blow to Team GB's London 2012 prospects.

Daily Telegraph

Andre Villas-Boas will lose nearly £11m when he is named as Tottenham's new manager next week - because he did not receive a lump sum pay-off when he left Chelsea.

The Sun

Harry Redknapp tried to sign Mario Balotelli on loan before the 21-year-old moved to Manchester City in 2010.

Sky Sports.com

Ashley Cole and Ashley Young are wanted for a remake of the Pizza Hut advert from 1996 after missing their penalty misses at Euro 2012.

American international midfielder Maurice Edu is expected to be the latest player to refuse a transfer of his contract to the Rangers newco, having played at Ibrox for the past four years. (Various)

Scottish Football League clubs, who may be asked to vote on whether Rangers should start next season in the First Division, have been told placing the Ibrox club in Division Three would take £16m out of the game in Scotland. (Various)

Celtic are interested in signing Sweden international goalkeeper Andreas Isaksson, who is out of contract at Dutch side PSV Eindhoven.

Full story: Daily Express

And Celtic could sign Bordeaux's France international Michael Ciani in a £1m deal. (Various)

Midfielder Steve Jennings has turned down the offer of a new contract at Motherwell and will now look for a new club.

Full story: Daily Record

Hibernian could sign James McPake on a permanent deal before pre-season training begins on Monday. (Various)

babe of the day

http://pbp.playboygirls.com/2003_02/gal ... 31-lrg.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stuarta

Re: saturday's news 30th june includes west ham

Post by stuarta »

cheers ch

chucking it down in purley, nice botd :thup:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 838 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

That was confusing.

For a split second, I thought that was Romford's favourite Theo in a Sweden shirt in the first picture.

Thanks CH.
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

good article on noble, i agree with all of that.
ta ch :thup:
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Cheers CH, as always.

Farewell Freddie, fantastic debut but unfortunately he wasn't good enough and should have left some years ago for his own good. I wish him well wherever he ends up.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:Cheers CH, as always.

Farewell Freddie, fantastic debut but unfortunately he wasn't good enough and should have left some years ago for his own good. I wish him well wherever he ends up.

make you right still good luck to the lad
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Thanks CH.
Have a good weekend .
Im helping run the Burfiord Beer festival today in the Cotswolds so if any kumbers are around come and have a pint with us.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

rigoberts song wrote:Thanks CH.
Have a good weekend .
Im helping run the Burfiord Beer festival today in the Cotswolds so if any kumbers are around come and have a pint with us.
do not get to pi@@ed :wink:
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

BOTD is great.

Thanks CH
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

PrawnSandwich wrote:BOTD is great.

Thanks CH

no problem mate had to go back to the old site as the other one was noy letting me view them if anyone knows any deacent sites let me know thanks steve
Last edited by cockney hammer on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
west ham15
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Cheers Ch :thup:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

espn

West Ham have ended their interest in four-time Champions League winner Clarence Seedorf after being put off by his £70,000-a-week wage demands.

Clarence Seedorf toasts his injury time winner for AC Milan against Chievo
GettyImagesClarence Seedorf recently left AC Milan after a decade at the club

Seedorf, 36, is available on a free transfer having left AC Milan after ten years at the San Siro and West Ham had been weighing up a move for him in a bid to bring some valuable experience to the squad ahead of their return to the Premier League.

Hammers boss Sam Allardyce has a track record of getting the best out of football's elder statesmen with Youri Djorkaeff, Ivan Campo and Jay-Jay Okocha among those to have starred under him.

But despite initially showing an interest in Seedorf, West Ham are unwilling to meet the Dutch midfielder's wage demands and are worried that he would be more prone to suffering injuries as he is in the twilight of his career.

"No, we are not going for Seedorf despite being linked to him," a West Ham source told ESPN. "The club are concerned about his injury problems considering that he is now 37, and despite the injury worries he still wants between £60k and £70k a week

The Hammers are, however, keeping tabs on another veteran in William Gallas, who is expected to leave Tottenham this summer.

pity i would have loved to see him in the claret and blue
Bamber Gascoigne
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Bamber Gascoigne »

Cheers CH
cockney hammer wrote: The Sun
Harry Redknapp tried to sign Mario Balotelli on loan before the 21-year-old moved to Manchester City in 2010.
To start you off for next weeks news CH, here's :arry: quote for Monday - just a bit of fine tuning for you to do ....

Yeah, I actually tried to sign "insert name of Euro 2012 Final Man of the Match/Everyones talking about here" before he went to his "insert name of present club here". I've always admired him and I went to watch him play regularly while he was in "insert name of country here". I was very impressed and met up with him and he was dead keen you know, but, well it was "insert name of club that he was playing for at the time" - they wouldn't entertain it and I tried everything to get a deal done, but you know, and there weren't a lot of people who saw it in him, but I did and, well, that was a real real shame as I reckon he would have been the difference at the time and we could have won that league you know, but yeah always knew he was a great player and he's not proving me wrong is he!.

Ladys and Gentleman, I present to you the "Incredible, Bullshitting Man"

Last edited by Bamber Gascoigne on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

tHE sUN
William Gallas could be on his way to West Ham.

Liverpool will move for Victor Moses if top target Gylfi Sigurdsson chooses Tottenham.
Emile Heskey is about to complete a hat-trick by joining Hull's new boss Steve Bruce.

Reading boss Brian McDermott must beat off West Ham and QPR to sign Sunderland contract rebel Kieran Richardson.
Ramires has hit back at critics who labelled Champions League winners Chelsea "boring".
Southampton have joined Fulham and QPR in the chase for Vitesse Arnhem's £2m-rated midfielder Alexander Buttner.
Barcelona star Seydou Keita has rejected the chance to join Liverpool.

Paris Saint-Germain are ready to rival Manchester City in the battle to sign Robin van Persie.
Newcastle will step up their bid for France right-back Mathieu Debuchy.
Luka Modric has been told: "You're not good enough for Real Madrid."
Fulham boss Martin Jol has made a move for Tottenham's forgotten winger David Bentley.

Manchester City are preparing an astonishing £225,000-a-week pay packet to lure Arsenal hero Robin van Persie to the Etihad Stadium.
Andre Villas-Boas wants to make £32m Joao Moutinho his first signing at Tottenham.
Jamie Ness is poised to complete his switch from Rangers to Stoke.

West Ham have made a £5million bid for Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga.

Birmingham City goalkeeping coach has asked permission to speak to Norwich.

France coach Laurent Blanc says he will make a decision on his future in the next two days.
Swansea manager Michael Laudrup will slash his inherited squad of 34 down to 22 in a summer clear-out at the Liberty Stadium.
Aston Villa are on the brink of signing Feyenoord's Morocan midfielder Karim El Ahmadi for £3million.
Florent Malouda's move to Brazil is stalling over wage demands.
Wolves are planning to sign Manchester City defender Stefan Savic on a season-long loan.

Rangers chairman Malcolm Murray has pleaded with fans to buy season tickets or risk another painful demise of their club.
Maurice Edu last night dropped a heavy hint he could be the next big-name star to quit Ranger
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Cheers CH :thup:

Olsson wouldn't be a bad signing, Clyne would be a very good signing too. It's good that Big Sam is looking to strengthen the back line, wouldn't be disappointed with them signings at all.

Best of luck to Freddie Sears.
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Cheers CH.
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Ta very muchly CH.
Tommy Taylor's Jockstrap

Post by Tommy Taylor's Jockstrap »

[quote="stuarta"]cheers ch

chucking it down in purley, nice botd

Just starting the second week of two in Skiathos and as I type at 12.21 local time it's already 33 degrees - not that I'm rubbing it in, like... 8-)

Cheers CH...
Islington_Iron
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Islington_Iron »

Thanks CH, enjoyed reading that, finally we're being linked to some defenders!
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

the captains armband could be just what he needs to shake the inconsistency and be the captain fans have longed for, so for me no more journeymen looking for a pay packet, no more players that look at West Ham as a stepping stone, let’s start giving the armband to the players with West Ham in their hearts!
Yeah cos the current captain is really rubbish at the job ! :eh: