thursday's news 5th july includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

bobbymooresbracelet

Re: thursday's news 5th july includes west ham

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

:lol: Fu*king state of that Guti,looks like a poor mans version of Robbie Savage. dear o dear.
simon hammer
Has liked: 963 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Cheers C.H

Good luck to Freddie at his new club :thup:
nobleforengland

Post by nobleforengland »

Cheers CH :thup:
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

bobbymooresbracelet wrote:Fu*king state of that Guti,looks like a poor mans version of Robbie Savage. dear o dear.

This is the closest Big Sam will ever get to managing Real Madrid :lol:
kenthammer1984
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

i might risk £10 on AVB to be sacked first at 20-1. Saying that, if i lay a bet on him to go then watch as AVB wins the treble in his first season :lol:
Unless we get off to an absolute shitfest of a start, BFS will be nice and safe.
Discobar

Post by Discobar »

bobbymooresbracelet wrote::lol: Fu*king state of that Guti,looks like a poor mans version of Robbie Savage. dear o dear.
I cannot believe we are considering Guti. 35, has not had a club since November. All he is going to do if he signs, is stop better, younger players getting game time. Get a grip Sam ffs.
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

Discobar wrote:I cannot believe we are considering Guti. 35, has not had a club since November. All he is going to do if he signs, is stop better, younger players getting game time. Get a grip Sam ffs.
I do agree, although judging by that picture, I'd say the main thing he is going to do, if he does sign for us, is mince around the hair salons of London :wink:
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Cheers CH.
fireman

Post by fireman »

bobbymooresbracelet wrote: Fu*king state of that Guti,looks like a poor mans version of Robbie Savage. dear o dear.

Bearing in mind who he played for and what he has won I would suggest he is a stinking fuckin' rich man's Robbie Savage

(absolutely crap hair though, agreed) :lol:
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

Thankyou CH... Jamie Mackie :lol: we will be linked with Jamie Redknapp next !!
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Sun

Arsenal believe striker Robin van Persie is plotting a move to Manchester City after rejecting a new deal.
The Gunners have been told it will cost them £17m to sign Lyon goalkeeper Hugo Lloris.
Swansea boss Michael Laudrup is chasing Genoa defender Chico and Villarreal midfielder Jonathan de Guzman.
Newcastle defender Danny Simpson is poised for a £2m move to Premier League new boys Reading.
West Ham and Southampton are battling it out to sign QPR striker Jamie Mackie.
Sunderland have joined bitter rivals Newcastle in the chase for Ajax left-back Vurnon Anita, 23, who is rated at £9m by the Dutch club.
Portsmouth striker Luke Varney will reject a move to Nottingham Forest and join Leeds United for £300,000.
Fulham and Ajax are both chasing FC Twente midfielder Chris David who is valued at £2m.

Mirror

Robin van Persie's decision not to sign a new contract at Arsenal could pave the way for a £220k-a-week move to Manchester City.
Manchester United want to sign 19-year-old Sao Paulo striker Lucas, who is also wanted by Chelsea and Real Madrid.
Norwich hope to sign Birmingham defender Curtis Davies.
Leeds boss Neil Warnock will offer £300,000 for QPR striker Tommy Smith.

Star

Manchester City will go head to head with Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid in the battle to sign Arsenal frontman Robin van Persie.
Charlton have been told they can sign Millwall winger Danny N'Guessan for £150,000.

Mail

Manchester United hope they can beat neighbours City to the signing of Arsenal forward Robin van Persie.
Spurs have made an £11m offer for for Internacional star Oscar and also want to sign Lyon keeper Hugo Lloris.
Former Real Madrid star Guti, 35, is training with West Ham ahead of a potential free transfer.
Fulham are ready to move for Blackburn goalkeeper Paul Robinson, 32, after his move to Besiktas stalled.
Norwich boss Chris Hughton is interested in Newcastle striker Nile Ranger.
Hull City are hoping to seal a loan deal for 22-year-old Manchester United goalkeeper Ben Amos.

Express

Robin van Persie feels he will not win trophies at Arsenal and is set for a move to Premier League champions Manchester City.
Manchester United are weighing up a double move for Newcastle pair Demba Ba and Cheick Tiote.

Telegraph

Manchester City are ready to bid £20m for Robin van Persie after the Arsenal captain issued an extraordinary statement in which he outlined his desire to leave and openly questioned the club's direction under Arsene Wenger.

Times

Arsenal are facing a battle to prevent a player exodus this summer after Robin van Persie's announcement that he will not extend his contract at the club.

Guardian

Robin van Persie has dealt Arsenal a devastating blow - and opened the way for a move to Manchester City - by announcing he will not extend his contract before it expires next summer.

Independent

Manchester City and Juventus lead the chase for Robin van Persie after the Arsenal striker admitted he would not be signing a contract extension to stay at the Emirates Stadium as the club didn't match his ambition.

Record

Former Hearts midfielder Ian Black has agreed to join Rangers - but not if they are plunged into the Third Division.
Celtic midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng wants a move to Spain, despite interest from Russian side Rubin Kazan and English top flight club QPR.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Manchester United have joined Manchester City in the race to sign Robin van Persie. United also want Sao Paulo midfielder Lucas Moura, Benfica star Axel Witsel, and Porto winger James Rodríguez.

Tottenham Hotspur are planning a spree too: they're looking at £11m-rated Internacional midfielder Oscar, Porto winger João Moutinho, Lyon goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen, and CZKA Moscow midfielder Alan Dzagoev.

Reading are after Newcastle defender Danny Simpson.

West Ham and Southampton want Jamie Mackie of QPR.

Swansea City boss Michael Laudrup will go back to Mallorca for defender Chico and midfielder Jonathan de Guzman.

Norwich City manager Chris Hughton returns to Birmingham for centre-back Curtis Davies.

And for the second day in a row, you may have noticed a pared-back style to the Mill. Well, you've got us bang to rights with that one! Yes sir, we've pruned them right back. Gone straight for the 8-ball, madam. But let's be honest, you only read the bits in bold anyway.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Manchester United have sent a deputation to Brazil to try to nab Sao Paulo attacking midfielder Lucas Moura, who's also a target for Chelsea and Real Madrid

Robin van Persie's announcement he will not sign a new contract at Arsenal has opened the door for a £220k-a-week move to Manchester City

Ex-Birmingham boss Chris Hughton is ready to raid the Blues for defender Curtis Davies - and bring England goalkeeping coach Dave Watson to Norwich too

Manchester United are set to lead a double raid on Newcastle for Demba Ba and Cheick Tiote (Express)

United want to gazump Manchester City’s bid for Robin van Persie (Mail)

But Barcelona and Real Madrid will also enter the RvP race (Star)

Arsenal have been quoted a massive £17m for Lyon keeper Hugo Lloris (Sun)

Tottenham’s spending under Andre Villas-Boas will continue with Internacional’s attacking midfielder Oscar for £11m (Mail)

Newcastle defender Danny Simpson is joining Reading for £2m (Sun)

And Norwich want Toon striker Nile Ranger (Mail)

But Sunderland are gatecrashing Newcastle’s interest in £9m Ajax left-back Vurnon Anita (Sun)

Ex-Real Madrid forward Guti is on trial at West Ham (Mail)

The Hammers and Southampton are going for QPR striker Jamie Mackie (Sun)

Fulham are poised to cash in on uncertainity over Paul Robinson’s Besiktas move by pouncing on the Blackburn keeper (Mail)

And the Cottagers want £2m FC Twente midfielder Chris David – but so do Ajax (Sun)

Swansea want Genoa defender Chico and Villarreal midfielder Jonathan de Guzman (Sun)

Celtic midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will snub QPR (Daily Record)

Manchester United keeper Ben Amos is set for a loan move to Steve Bruce’s Hull (Mail)

Charlton are going for Millwall striker Danny N'Guessan (Star)

Portsmouth forward Luke Varney is joining Leeds (Sun)
Other gossip

Tottenham think new midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson represents an upgrade over Luka Modric, who's set to leave this summer

Roberto Di Matteo says it's wrong to brand his Chelsea side as negative because they 'parked the bus' in their European Cup ties with Barcelona and Bayern Munich

Manchester United still don't know when Darren Fletcher, who's been out since November with a chronic bowel condition, will return

Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva admits fearing his career was over when he suffered a season-ending knee injury last December
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

the telegraph

My Day on a Plate: Karren Brady, West Ham vice-chairman
Karren Brady, the vice-chairman of West Ham United and Alan Sugar's adviser on The Apprentice, reveals her daily diet.

My Day on a Plate: Karren Brady

6.30am I do a lot of business with companies in Los Angeles so early-morning calls are common, but I can't pick up the phone without having a coffee first.

8.30am Get the Tube to my office at West Ham. I walk at both ends, about a mile a day.

10.20am Handful of almonds, herbal tea and a bottle of water.

11am Drink at least three coffees during meetings with the club secretary about our pre-season plans, then switch to water or herbal tea.

1pm I'm very lucky that the stadium has a hotel attached; the restaurant makes a brilliant butternut-squash soup.

4pm More discussions about ticket prices. Have a ham and salad sandwich and more nuts so I don't get sluggish.

6pm Travel into central London for a meeting about The Apprentice followed by some late-night shopping.

8pm Order my favourite dish at my local Chinese: lobster noodles, and a Diet Coke.

NIGEL DENBY dietician

Karren uses very simple, tried-and-tested tools to stay in shape. She includes physical activity as part of her journey to and from work, keeps a stash of nuts with her for between-meal snacks and eats regular meals. These are all dieticians' favourites; they may not be rocket science, but they work!
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

vital west ham

Hammers not on TV

Apparently we`re not good enough!

We`re not high-brow enough to feature in any of the three games that Sky Sports have selected for live coverage on the opening weekend of the season.

That honour has been bestowed on Wigan v Chelsea, Manchester City v Southampton and Everton v Manchester United.

In all honest though I can`t say I`m that bothered, I`m quite looking forward to a 15:00 kick off, on a Saturday afternoon, to herald our return to the Premier League.

Read more: http://www.westham.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... z1zltl8ddO" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;