Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

PrawnSandwich

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by PrawnSandwich »

djclipz wrote:Online shops that take your money when they haven't even got the ****ing product in stock... which then leads to either a month waiting for it to be delivered or a month to finally get ur money back.

It's just naughty, shouldn't be doing that!
Same here.
Bought and paid for a mattress last month.
They said it was In Stock at the store but I had to have it delivered by them - estimated date 6 weeks.
The store is ten minutes from my house.
Offered to collect it, no not possible.
Eventually got the date moved forward to a mere two weeks.
Should have arrived yesterday. They phoned my misses, not me, on Wednesday and told her they couldn't deliver before the 27th July because... they had a problem with the supplier and it hadn't been delivered to the store yet.
Despite saying it was IN STOCK when we hit purchase.
c****.

Today was kind of ruined when some asshole in a Range Rover cut me up and did his best to force me into oncoming traffic.

Unsolicited calls asking if they can help me with PPI claims.
Three times this week from the same ****ing company!
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

Is this a certain well-known Swedish retailer, by any chance?
D C
Has liked: 1103 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by D C »

evomutant wrote:Twats who find it necessary to announce they have taken a massive crap.

Usually in the form of a "joke" about not going in the lav for a while.

One guy I work with particulalry awful for this. I could write a diary of his bowel habits with the amount of unwanted infomation he gives out.
Argh I hate that. Normally the same people that need to comment on every fart they have made too.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

'64 '75 '80 wrote:Is this a certain well-known Swedish retailer, by any chance?
WTF do IKEA know about PPI ? :lol:
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

'64 '75 '80 wrote:Is this a certain well-known Swedish retailer, by any chance?
Rocketron wrote: WTF do IKEA know about PPI ?
I didn't name names, I bet there's Swedish firms trying to get some of that PPI market :wink:
Iron Spine v2.0
Location: You don't wanna go and eat a snack like that! You'll end up with your teeth all grey,

Post by Iron Spine v2.0 »

Juan Sh*t of Plenty.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

The fact that Stan Lee makes a cameo appearance in all the Marvel film remakes, often to the detriment of their credibility.
evomutant
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by evomutant »

This mong prancing up Green Street...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dan1326
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by Dan1326 »

evomutant wrote:This mong prancing up Green Street...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It could get pwaper nawty though
Slacking student
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Slacking student »

Vue cinema.

It cost me £8.15 for a ticket to see The Amazing Spiderman today at the 4pm screening in 3D. When did these prices become so extortionate. And this was before drinks and popcorn which on a £10 I could afford neither. Admittedly the film was good but not that much. If you were going with a family that's about £40 minimum which is ridiculous, ludicrous price to pay
Francoisvander or else
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

Posh twats quewing at Wimbledon inserting Andy Murrays name into football songs so they can get on TV *****rs
Iron Spine v2.0
Location: You don't wanna go and eat a snack like that! You'll end up with your teeth all grey,

Post by Iron Spine v2.0 »

When someone takes a transfer rumour from a foreign source, lumps it into babelfish and posts whatever the hell it throws back at them.

I know it's a little harsh, because I can't really expect people to root out a legit translation and the detective work is appreciated, but when you have to read something like "Joselu who helped the white branch ascend" it's mind-numblingly annoying. :lol:
morrisey is a hammer

Post by morrisey is a hammer »

Im at my mums for a few days and im crashing on the settee. Me step dad gets up at 6 this morning and decides to fall sleep on his chair, with what can only be described as the loudest snoring of all time. go back to bed you Muppet, i trucking hate people who snore.
dodgy dave
Has liked: 113 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by dodgy dave »

Slacking student wrote:Vue cinema.

It cost me £8.15 for a ticket to see The Amazing Spiderman today at the 4pm screening in 3D. When did these prices become so extortionate. And this was before drinks and popcorn which on a £10 I could afford neither. Admittedly the film was good but not that much. If you were going with a family that's about £40 minimum which is ridiculous, ludicrous price to pay

£8.15 is cheap. It normally costs me about £10 to watch a film in 3D
nickkarkie
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

HMRC - put in a sizeable tax reclaim in January and was finally received into my bank account last Friday. Unbelievable. Never been messed around so much by such an inefficient and incompetent government organisation.

Jabsco79

Did they give any reason for their delay?

I am currently waiting for £27,000 that they owe me.

i get a call from hmrc; have noticed that i want a large amount of money back, ANY REASON FOR THAT?

ME: yes (You ****ing dumbass), when you spend 190,000 doing up a shop and pay every builder and equipment company VAT and then charge me VAT for everything I sell then I want the VAT back please as I am entitled to it,

HMRC: Oh you refurbished a shop did you?

ME: yes, if you look at all the receipts my accountant submitted to you then you will see that.

HMRC: I cant actually talk to your account, i must deal directly with you

ME: that's strange as i authorised my accountant to act on behalf of my company for HMRC 3 months ago and you obviously received the VAT reclaim from them as that is what you are calling me about now.

I wonder how they would take it if i dont pay them the VAT i owe them each quarter and question why i owe it to them.

HMRC: We have no record of that sir
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2941 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Nick , give your accountant a kick in the b*llocks .

You've signed your dealings over to him , it's his job to chase HMRC, not yours .
NXA
Location: Russia - protest is not allowed, now go and drink a lot of Vodka and forget about it.

Post by NXA »

the pink palermo wrote:Nick , give your accountant a kick in the b*llocks .

You've signed your dealings over to him , it's his job to chase HMRC, not yours .
It sounds like the VAT return has been filled in wrong, VAT reclaim is done when you fill in the submission ....i.e.

Box 1 - VAT on Sales this period
Box 2 - VAT paid on purchases this period

Total VAT payable this period = Box 1 minus box 2

How does VAT work on capital expenditure where VAT paid in a period is greater than the sales on VAT :think:
nickkarkie
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

Correct NXA, it should be that simple, ita a huge accountancy firm who we have a personal relationship with as a family so I would be surprused if the miscommunication has come from their side as i received the authorisation document 3 months ago
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

People feigning interesting in things like Wimbeldon etc but not caring about tennis etc for the rest of the time, will also happen with the Olympics with people giving it nonsense about 100m sprinters, same every time there is a big boxing fight as well.
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

Blackberry's.

The one I have is the worst phone I have ever had (and that includes a Sony Ericson). I hope the c**** go out of business and everybody who works for them is declared bankrupt, I despise it to such an extent.

The navigation **** device on mine has stopped working so I can turn my phone on and i have received around 6 messages this morning but I can't actually navigate around the phone and get away from the home page to look at them. What kind of mind numbing whizz of a helm develops a phone that can only be navigated through using one device...

I'm taking it to a phone shop in a minute and if they can't fix it I am going to stamp on it in the middle of Fenchurch Street.