wednesday's news 18th july includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

iron monkeyboy

Re: wednesday's news 18th july includes west ham

Post by iron monkeyboy »

Cheers CH :thup:
Bearing in mind this is the only time in our lifetime that we are ever going to hold the Olympic Games, we need to get something out of it.
Slight pedantry on my part, but... Hearn was born 19/06/1948, the last Olympics in London were held 29/07/1948, so technically this is already the 2nd Olympics of his lifetime. And the one prior to that was 1908, so only 40 years between those.

Not exactly relevant, but getting the hump with this "once in a lifetime" b*llocks.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 840 likes

Post by mushy »

iron monkeyboy wrote:.

Not exactly relevant, but getting the hump with this "once in a lifetime" b*llocks.
Hardly bollox though is it?
Probably once in a lifetime for 90% of the population.
iron monkeyboy

Post by iron monkeyboy »

edited as my point was spurious at best.. but

Surely it depends if the next one is 40 years or 64 though? It's a sweeping statement at best. If it's another 40 years is 90% of the population over 35? as that would take you to the low end of the estimated life span of an elderly male.
Willtelll

Post by Willtelll »

Did I just dream that Premier League clubs are not permitted to ground share? I'm sure it 's true that Prem teams cannot share their ground with rugby teams anyway.

How could Orient afford to rent a 60000+ stadium unless they expect to ride on our backs over pricing? And if Hearn's assertion that WH moving nearer to Orient would ruin them, why move into the same stadium as us?

I guess logic and Barry Hearn are not easy bed fellows....
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Gabriel wrote:Thanks CH. I might not always post my thanks but I do read your news everyday and I do appreciate it.

Please West Ham.....Come out and end this horrible rumours that we are going to ground share with Orient.

your welcome mate mate
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Doc H Ball wrote:Brady has said that unless there is a full roof, seats to the pitch and no shared ownership during the football season we won't bid.

3 clear commitments - let's see how many of those she is prepared to betray. Having looked into the whites of her eyes, I am not confident.

As for Barry Hearn being 'passionate about value for the taxpayer', he's about as passionate about it as Mary Whitehouse on her blob.

Cheers as ever CH. It must piss you right off sometimes having to read some of this **** every day mate.

lol doc it keeps me entertained
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Watford, it seems, is like one of those equatorial African countries. You know, one of the ones where the local formal economy is so askew that supermarkets are full of fruit imported from Europe. Watford, you see, have one of the most progressive youth development systems in England – and yet we learn today that the top transfer targets for their new Italian owner are Pippo Inzaghi and Alessandro Del Piero. Feel free at this point to wonder aloud whether Gianfranco Zola has been hired as a player rather than manager and to make hilarious wisecracks about imminent swoops for Bruno Conte, Gigi Riva and Sophia Loren.

Speaking of Italian screen legends of advancing years, that's pretty much how Dimitar Berbatov sees himself; and it looks like he could move closer to his vocation by agreeing to a move to Milan.

Rafael van der Vaart won't be agreeing to a move any time soon because, according to the Sun, he's determined to stay at White Hart Lane to make love and war, the all-action wildman. "RVD LOVES AVB" carves the Sun onto the dead tree forming its back page before going on to explain excitedly that Van der Vaart foresees a ferocious battle for the Premier League's top spots next seasons but strongly fancies the "good plans" that the Portuguese manager has for him, though he does not specify whether it involves an unfamiliar role as someone who regularly playing whole matches.

Staying in London, as gridlock demands we must, Chelsea hope that the captain of Spain Olympic football team will be so enamoured by the incessant rain and relentless whinging about traffic that he will want to set up permanent home in the capital. A bid for 22-year-old right-back César Azpilicueta is ready and set to go. As for a fee, Marseille have reputedly said that they want more than the €7m that they paid to Osasuna for him a couple of years back. Chelsea, then, will go over €6m – at least that seems to be the approach they are taking with Victor Moses, as Chelsea have had a third bid for the burly forward rejected by Wigan, whose valuation they have so far refused to meet.

Barcelona, meanwhile, are refusing to meet Athletic Bilbao's valuation of Javi Martínez, so will turn their intention instead to Daniel Agger of Liverpool, who will use the funds form that transfer to buy Javi Martínez from Athletic Bilbao.

Regurgitating tittle-tattle is the Mill's forte, confused readers, not arithmetic. Roman Lukaku could be about to move clubs but not houses: Martin Jol wants the Belgian striker to join Fulham from Chelsea. Meanwhile, Bafetimbi Gomis has let it be known that he has decided to move to Tottenham and will instead stay at Lyon, when it is more likely that AVB did that deciding.

Kolo Touré does not feature prominent in Manchester City's plans for next season. Saudi Arabian club Al Hilal do not feature prominently in Touré's plans for next season, but, according to the Daily Mirror, his people have hinted that could change if the Saudis cross his palm with £50,000-per-week after tax plus a house, free flights and two cars. If they could provide a straight face for him to wear as a disguise, that would also be appreciated.

Paul Lambert is readying himself for the challenge of trying to get Aston Villa to finish above Norwich next season by preparing a bid for Feyenoord centre back Ron Vlaar. "Joining Aston Villa would be a dream come true," Vlarr is reported as saying in what must surely be the latest example of a player's words being severely mistranslated.

Martin O'Neill, however, has taken this as his cue to try to prise James Collins from Villa Park.

WBA and Everton are interested in Costa Rican defender Bryan Oviedo, who Manchester United have been monitoring.

Ajax are interested in Blackburn defender Scott Dann, who Ajax must not have stopped monitoring before he left Birmingham.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

DAILY MAIL: Brazil sensation Oscar arrived in London for a medical yesterday ahead of his £25million move to Chelsea. Also: The FA will meet today to discuss whether to charge Rio Ferdinand over his involvement in a 'choc ice' tweet that sparked an investigation by Derbyshire police yesterday.

DAILY MIRROR: Luis Suarez has reopened the row over his race ban last season, despite being ordered by Liverpool not to discuss it. Also: Gianfranco Zola has targeted Filippo Inzaghi and Alessandro Del Piero as two sensational summer signings for Watford.

THE SUN: Rafael van der Vaart last night told Tottenham fans: I'm going nowhere - and I'm ready for war.

DAILY EXPRESS: Luis Suarez has claimed Manchester United wield the "political power" in England and suggested they deliberately conspired to inflame his race row with Patrice Evra in order to sideline him for Liverpool.

DAILY STAR: Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho is lining up a shock £20m bid for Micah Richards. Also: Rio Ferdinand has turned his back on England following his Euro 2012 heartache.

THE INDEPENDENT: Half a million tickets for the Olympic football tournament are being withdrawn from sale after take-up for the event failed to live up to expectations.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Mirror

Manchester United have failed with a £29.8m bid for Sao Paulo midfielder Lucas Moura, 19, according to the Brazilian club.
Fulham have opened talks to sign Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku, 19, on loan.
Luis Suarez has reopened the row over his race ban last season, despite being ordered by Liverpool not to discuss it.
Gianfranco Zola has targeted Filippo Inzaghi and Alessandro Del Piero as two sensational summer signings for Watford.
Manchester City defender Kolo Toure could price himself out of a move to Saudi club Al Hilal with a request for £50,000 a week after tax and a rent-free home, two cars, paid-for flights and the captaincy.
Sunderland manager Martin O'Neill wants to return to former club Aston Villa to sign James Collins. Villa are prepared to sell the Welshman, 28, as they close in on a deal for Feyenoord's Netherlands international Ron Vlaar, 27.

Sun

Newcastle are preparing a bid of £16m after Liverpool told striker Andy Carroll that he can leave the club.
Dutch star Rafael van der Vaart has told Tottennham he is staying.
Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has rejected a third bid from Chelsea for Victor Moses.

Star

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho is lining up a £20m bid for Manchester City defender Micah Richards.
Arsenal striker Robin van Persie is ready to snub a £300,000 a week offer from Juventus to join Manchester City.
Rio Ferdinand has turned his back on England following his Euro 2012 heartache.
Bolton boss Owen Coyle has rejected French side St Etienne's approach for former Liverpool striker David Ngog.

Mail

Brazil sensation Oscar arrived in London for a medical yesterday ahead of his £25million move to Chelsea.
Barcelona could move for Liverpool defender Daniel Agger after being priced out of a move for Athletic Bilbao midfielder Javi Martinez, 23.
Everton and West Brom are interested in FC Copenhagen's Costa Rican defender Bryan Oviedo, 22, who has been tracked by Manchester United.
Defender Scott Dann could join Ajax on loan following Blackburn's relegation to the Championship. Reading and Southampton have been put off by the centre-back's £6m price tag.
Liverpool are on the brink of signing Fulham striker Clint Dempsey for £10m.
West Ham are close to a £5m deal for Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga.

Express

Luis Suarez has claimed Manchester United wield the "political power" in England and suggested they deliberately conspired to inflame his race row with Patrice Evra in order to sideline him for Liverpool.

Telegraph

Robin van Persie is set for formal talks with Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger as he considers his options away from the Gunners.

Guardian

Arsenal have still not opened contract talks with Theo Walcott despite the prospect of the England winger leaving as a free agent next summer.

Record

Eintracht Frankfurt are looking to sign Rangers defender Dorin Goian.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Thanks CH BOTD unbelievable nipples.

I think a ground share with Orient is a brilliant idea, we get the pitch THEY get the running track. :lol:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

I think a ground share with Orient is a brilliant idea, we get the pitch THEY get the running track

lol quality mate
Doctor Mopp
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by Doctor Mopp »

Willtelll wrote:Did I just dream that Premier League clubs are not permitted to ground share? I'm sure it 's true that Prem teams cannot share their ground with rugby teams anyway.
Cheers CH :thup:

DW Stadium hosts both Wigan Athletic and Warriors
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

Cheers CH :thup: WOTD =Rooster nipples
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

Willtelll wrote:Did I just dream that Premier League clubs are not permitted to ground share? I'm sure it 's true that Prem teams cannot share their ground with rugby teams anyway.

How could Orient afford to rent a 60000+ stadium unless they expect to ride on our backs over pricing? And if Hearn's assertion that WH moving nearer to Orient would ruin them, why move into the same stadium as us?

I guess logic and Barry Hearn are not easy bed fellows....
No, you didn't dream it. Premier league teams can only groundshare if they have legal priority to play their games over the team they groundshare with....

Guess what...

Football league rules state the same thing....

So there's no way that West Ham and Orient can groundshare unless at least one of the PL or FL waive their legal priority rule
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

DW Stadium hosts both Wigan Athletic and Warriors[/quote]

Las Vegas and wigan dont have much in common, but they are the only 2 places on earth that you can pay for sex with chips :lol:
simon hammer
Has liked: 961 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Cheers C.H :thup:
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

Thanks as always CH for all your effort. :thup:
Absentee Hammer

Post by Absentee Hammer »

BFS has at last gone legal over Steve Kean's drunken ramblings whilst BFS managed Blackburn during their Asian preseason tour a while back.

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=126361" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like this one missed the press as apparently proceedings were commenced on 12th July.

Now lets wait for Peter Harrisons take on this.

Cheers CH for the daily updates mate.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

Sweeney Bod wrote:What are Orient going to do in a 60,000 seater? If Hearns wants to kill his support, this is a very good way to do it.

I guess you could fit two pitches in the place. So perhaps we could play at the same time
It still wouldn't be filled.
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

Doc H Ball wrote:Brady has said that unless there is a full roof, seats to the pitch and no shared ownership during the football season we won't bid.

3 clear commitments - let's see how many of those she is prepared to betray. Having looked into the whites of her eyes, I am not confident.
you May have been looking at her eyes but I was looking at her tits, only thing decent about her.
As has been said, read every day, saves me a fortune on newspapers, many thanks CH.