Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

ageing hammer wrote:I was getting cash from a ATM at the weekend, I was asked by the machine if I wanted a receipt and if I did I was to press option "Yes". So I decided yes I wanted a receipt and pressed the "Yes" option. Then the machine displayed a notice saying........

"This machine does not have a function to issue receipts."

THEN WHAT THE **** DID IT ASK ME FOR :x
The other one is the ATMs that let you enter pin, select cash and select the amount BEFORE telling you they have no money in them!
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

Tables and/or chairs than wobble in bars & restaurants
bigcarpchaser
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by bigcarpchaser »

Belly button fluff is irritating.
Why is it always a different colour to any clothes you've actually worn?
GoalieGirl

Post by GoalieGirl »

Twats who walk their dogs between 11am and 3pm this time of year. I would like to see them go for a run at the hottest part of the day with a thick coat on and see how they fare. They also fail to realise how hot the pavement gets, I wouldn't want to go bare foot in these temperatures :evil:
Dan1326
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by Dan1326 »

'64 '75 '80 wrote:[They're actually owned by Lloyds TSB. http://www.railwaygazette.com/nc/news/s ... wse/1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ok fair enough but all that shows are National Express are liars as it was one of the senior members of staff who informed me that one of the reasons ticket prices on my route jumped by one of the highest increases in the country was due to the purchase of new trains.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

The cab driver who was parked outside my house on Sunday morning at 5am and thought it was ok to hoover it out. Then the **** had the nerve to get annoyed when I, in a dressing gown, went outside to tell him where the hoover would be going if he didn't shut up.
evomutant
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by evomutant »

Dan1326 wrote:
Ok fair enough but all that shows are National Express are liars as it was one of the senior members of staff who informed me that one of the reasons ticket prices on my route jumped by one of the highest increases in the country was due to the purchase of new trains.
Well, he is right.

The lease charges on new rolling stock are astronomical. They have to pay those charges somehow.
Romford Iron

Post by Romford Iron »

People who don't sit in the seats that they are numbered for, especially the cinema. Fair enough maybe if it's half empty, but if the Dark Knight Rises on opening weekend it might be a tad busy. We got to our seats before anything started and I said to the missus "I bet someone's in our seats" and they were. We asked them to move and the bird says "It's ok, we're supposed to be two seats along" and moved up.

Why the f'##k couldn't you just sit there in the first place? Headbanger

In certain people's defence there was no one showing people to seats like the normally do when it's packed, so when the film stopped 10 minutes in, a bloke spotty teenager came in to show someone to their seats and then discovered that no one was sitting in the correct seats, to which he then said "Oh great, so you've all nicked people's seats, was no one supervising this screen?"

We then had to remind the bloke that the film had stopped, as he didn't notice that the lights were up.

Ah there's two things that annoy me. Romford Vue and people coming into films about half hour in. What's the point?
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Having to pay to get a cheap work trousers shortened. I have short legs 27 inches, but the smallest pants anywhere are 29 inches meaning I have to pay nearly half the price of the pants again just to get it to fit. I wouldn't mind but the bastards making the pants are all in some oriental country and the tallest geezers over there have shorter legs than me. Why don't they sell pants with legs shorter than 29 inches. :x
shammy

Post by shammy »

People who keep calling trousers, pants.
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

ageing hammer wrote:Having to pay to get a cheap work trousers shortened. I have short legs 27 inches, but the smallest pants anywhere are 29 inches meaning I have to pay nearly half the price of the pants again just to get it to fit. I wouldn't mind but the bastards making the pants are all in some oriental country and the tallest geezers over there have shorter legs than me. Why don't they sell pants with legs shorter than 29 inches. :x

+

Job done.
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

ageing hammer wrote:Having to pay to get a cheap work trousers shortened. I have short legs 27 inches, but the smallest pants anywhere are 29 inches meaning I have to pay nearly half the price of the pants again just to get it to fit. I wouldn't mind but the bastards making the pants are all in some oriental country and the tallest geezers over there have shorter legs than me. Why don't they sell pants with legs shorter than 29 inches
You sir, are Ronnie Corbett, & I claim my £5 :twisted:
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

ageing hammer wrote:Having to pay to get a cheap work trousers shortened. I have short legs 27 inches, but the smallest pants anywhere are 29 inches meaning I have to pay nearly half the price of the pants again just to get it to fit. I wouldn't mind but the bastards making the pants are all in some oriental country and the tallest geezers over there have shorter legs than me. Why don't they sell pants with legs shorter than 29 inches. :x
and they say wives are useless...
ageing hammer

Post by ageing hammer »

Tried wonder web but ended up with a pants oh sorry TROUSERS that was all warped and uneven looking. I still can't see why they don't make them with a 27 inch leg there are millions of blokes the same size as me.

Suppose I could sue the council......for building the footpath to close to my ****hole :lol:
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

Get a pair of bermuda shorts ,should fit to a t :thup:
Cambs Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Cambs Iron »

Freezer not working, having brought it only two weeks ago.

I guess they won't replace all the food either........
ageing hammer

Post by ageing hammer »

bobbymooresbracelet wrote:Get a pair of bermuda shorts ,should fit to a t

Joined the army once, had to pack up on medical grounds..................................the boots were cutting me balls :lol:
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

bigcarpchaser wrote:Belly button fluff is irritating.
Why is it always a different colour to any clothes you've actually worn?
That'd be the fairy fluff mother ... probably.
Hammers80 wrote:The cab driver who was parked outside my house on Sunday morning at 5am and thought it was ok to hoover it out. Then the **** had the nerve to get annoyed when I, in a dressing gown, went outside to tell him where the hoover would be going if he didn't shut up.
Dressing gown :lol:
hammer2192

Post by hammer2192 »

Obese people sitting next to you on the train to work.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

hammer2192 wrote:Obese people sitting next to you on the train to work.
Obese people generally, especially in this weather wheezing and sweating everywhere.

Groin strain, I can't shift it and it appears to be getting worse as I just went to run up the stairs and my leg almost gave way - I am getting old and everything is failing...