Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by warp »

squatski wrote: I have a big problem with people who yawn without covering their mouth, annoys the **** out of me.
yeah, that's annoying as well, but not nearly as bad (for me, of course).
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

Having to reformat my post when quoting more than one quote on here.

People who swing their arms whilst walking along.

Fat, sweaty, smelly people.
Cambs Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Cambs Iron »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Coldsores
Proper getting me down.
I feel your pain, i get these about three times a year and always get two/three at once.

Got two beasts in February just before my sisters wedding so had scab lips in all the photos, i am certain i will get them for my wedding aswell. Always come at a crap time, last year went on a weekend away to Bournemouth with the lads and they appeared.

I never have them appear when my first lot are disappering, thats proper harsh and as you say would get me down.

The women thing is bent, trying to get it on with your partner without kissing is a really odd experience.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

It is.

But that aside, just the usual pecks, kisses hello/goodbye, silly little intimacy things that you would usually do out of habit, you can't.

Really just makes it feel a little cold and distant.

This one on my bottom lip has properly developed now, so if I'm looking at another 10-14 days, then it'd be coming up to a month without being able to kiss the missus.

Very odd.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

I think in my lifetime I have ever only had one cold sore, and that was when I was run down, bad cold etc.

Do feel for you boys as they do not exactly look attractive!

So is it just in the make up of your body RARS? Do you burn the candle at both ends frequently so your body gets run down? Seem strange you suffer so much with them. Do you keep youself fit, good diet etc? Would that help even if you did????

A ****ing month of cold sores though, a real shitter for sure :thdn:

I'm the fittest I've been in nearly 10 years.
Eating balanced, pretty well overall.
Generally happy.

What triggered it initially, at the start of the month, was being told our company is closing and I'm being made redundant, so there was a little added worry and stress there.
Also, I was down about not having done enough training for a triathlon and had a heavy night at Faith No More, spent much of the way home in damp, cold clothing.
Think it all got on top of me for a few days and I generally felt terrible about myself/things and the little bastards woke from their sleep and worked their way to my lips.

Since then, things have been pretty chilled. I've trained and since completed that triathlon. Worked a few things out and on the path of actively looking for a new job and my diet is ok.

I can only put it down to maybe there being some lingering virus still around that hadn't fully receded, even though the visible scabs on my lips all but had.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

So from that a trigger is being a little run down, catching a cold etc and it forms itself into a cold sore. Where me and others get a runny cold, feel **** etc you get the added pleasure of a lump(s) on your lips, tis a ****er.

You tried any daily vitamin supplements? I do, not saying it definately helps but I personally believe it does, which in itself mentally is a plus point.
sendô

Post by sendô »

Coldsores = facial herpes.

You lot need to stop eating out sheep.

It's strange.

I've only ever had 1 cold. It lasted about 6 hrs and I was fine in the evening. Never had flu, never been ill.

I don't know exactly what the trigger is. I think it's generally if my body is in a sh*t state, then it gives it best chance to develop. I never get any cold/flu like symptoms ever.
I think one of the causes is also poor sleep, but I've since been sleeping ok.

Just the Herpes virus deciding to come out to play.

I take l-lysine and try to take a couple of vitamin supplements every now and then.
Think I'm gonna try to start eating more fruit, as I don't eat half as much as I should.
Cambs Iron

Post by Cambs Iron »

I have had them since i can remember, i know for a fact i had them whilst in year 3 at primary school. So from at least 7yrs old but probably got some before this aswell. I am not sure why i get them as i wasn't stressed out at 7yrs old, i think sometimes its the change in weather or when i am a bit run down/tired.

My partner got a couple for the first time about a year ago and i am very careful not to kiss her when i have them. But something must of past it on sharing a glass or something like that, they are awfully contagious....just hope my son hasn't picked them up from my genes.

Cambs

If your partner has them, then she has them full stop.

Curiously, I don't think that kissing her whilst you have an outbreak, will cause her to have an outbreak.
There's a difference between passing the virus to someone who doesn't already have it (in that case, yes, avoid contact) and causing and outbreak in someone that already does.

In a nutshell, I think it would be her own inner workings that cause an outbreak for her, rather than you making contact with her.

Though I could be very wrong in that sense, but that's the way I kinda understand it.

Also, I'm not sure your son would have them from genetics. Again, correct me if wrong.
I think it becomes dangerous with babies/birth, if the mother is suffering an outbreak during childbirth/pregnancy.

I don't know where I got mine, but I have had them since I was about 11-12 I suppose.
Eldest brother has it, younger brother has it.
Mum, Dad, brother no.2 do not.

I reckon me and my younger brother got it from the eldest brother, who in turn got it from someone else out, as he was a bit of a slut and would have been exposed to all sorts, given what he got up to... not just sexually.
Cambs Iron

Post by Cambs Iron »

None of my family have them apart from me. Mum, dad, brother and sister dont suffer my pain. I have no idea where i have picked these up from, maybe one of my grandparents suffered with them.....

She got a coldsore whilst pregnant and had to go to the doctors. Cant remember what they did/gave her but everything was ok. This was the second time she had had them and the first batch was just after i had an outbreak.

Cups/glasses, handtowels, all sorts can spread it mate, not just skin to skin contact.

As you say, it can be highly contagious.
The logistics of it are annoying; put cream on, then someone comes in 2 mins later asking if you want a cuppa.
Having to wash and rinse the edges of cups after you use them.
Having to make sure your hands are washed and you don't spread it onto hand towels, so have to use tissues to wipe/dab face and mouth etc

Not to mention the pain, throbbing, cracking and overall dullness it give you.
Puts you into 2nd gear. You can't laugh properly, your self-esteem suffers a little.

I've got an interview tomorrow morning with a Senior Recruitment Consultant and I already know that by me being conscious about it, my mind already may not 100% fully focused on the interview.
Suffolk Iron
Has liked: 123 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Suffolk Iron »

Standing at the bar waiting for a nice cold beer while four women order coffees, watch barman fiddle with coffee machine, arrange napkins, cups, saucers, little complimentary biscuits etc.

If you want coffee, got to a "Coffee Shop" The clue is in the title Headbanger
Tarbs
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Tarbs »

Cambs Iron wrote:Cut backs at the work place which have gone over the top.

- No Milk, tea bags, coffee, sugar being supplied anymore. I now steal other peoples milk they have brought in to make my oats with.
:thdn:

People who rob my milk piss me off. If I had the balls, I would buy an extra half pint, pour aabout 1/5 out, drop in 5 or 6 laxatives, and put it back in. Would soon find out who is doing it.
Sloffy

Post by Sloffy »

I hate it in a shop or petrol station when the cashier gives you a running commentary when you insert your card into the machine

Just as it flashes up on the little screen "enter your PIN", they tell you to enter your PIN
Just as it flashes up on the little screen "please remove your card", they tell you to please remove your card

I'm not blind and I can read you dozy twats
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

Suffolk Iron wrote:Standing at the bar waiting for a nice cold beer while four women order coffees, watch barman fiddle with coffee machine, arrange napkins, cups, saucers, little complimentary biscuits etc.

Or go to a proper pub!
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Work thiefs in general. I put a can of pepsi in the fridge, within 30 mins it's gone, next day I put another one in with a post-it note with my name on, again it goes walkies. Next day I put an envelope in the fridge containing 60p with 'money for your can of pepsi, Tesco is just round the corner' written on it...strangely that wasn't taken.

Absolute no need to nick peoples personal food and drink.
Suffolk Iron
Has liked: 123 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Suffolk Iron »

Standing at the bar waiting for a nice cold beer while four women order coffees, watch barman fiddle with coffee machine, arrange napkins, cups, saucers, little complimentary biscuits etc.

Or go to a proper pub![/quote]

No proper pubs left round here within walking distance. Loads of coffe shops though.
sendô

Post by sendô »

Suffolk Iron wrote:No proper pubs left round here within walking distance. Loads of coffe shops though.
Go in one and ask for a pint of lager.