Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by sendô »

Getting a parking ticket, on a single yellow, on a Sunday, in the quietest, leafiest, nondescript small Essex town going. Judging by the time on the ticket, the traffic warden must have watched me park, waited for me to walk off, and then ran over to put the ticket on my car, no doubt walking funny because of the massive hard-on he must have had.

I also agree with Mint Choc Chip about people singing with American singers. The worst one is Jessie J, who is apparently from Chadwell Heath, though you wouldn't believe it listening to her shout. Sorry I mean sing.
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

I think part of the reason I like Morrissey and The Cure so much is that they sing in 'British' tongue... there's been a billion people copy Robert Smith's voice.

I've not long gotten over mumps at 27. That was a little irritating...
sendô

Post by sendô »

Jake Humphrey.

I don't know what it is. He's probably a lovely bloke. I just cannot stand him. At all. Everything about him seems to irritate me.
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

sendô wrote:Jake Humphrey.

I don't know what it is. He's probably a lovely bloke. I just cannot stand him. At all. Everything about him seems to irritate me.
I get that with James Corden..
evomutant
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by evomutant »

I don't mind admitting to being jealous of him. Early 30's. Probably making serious, serious coin and jetting around the world (business class no doubt) watching the world's best sporting events.

b*stard.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

simonpaulthomas wrote:I think part of the reason I like Morrissey and The Cure so much is that they sing in 'British' tongue... there's been a billion people copy Robert Smith's voice.

I've not long gotten over mumps at 27. That was a little irritating...
:lol: Gotten!?

That has made my day. Thankyou.
BalaamBoy
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by BalaamBoy »

More evidence of the creeping Americanisation of our language.

I noticed today that on the London2012 website it referred to the football squads as 'rosters'!!!

Come on Seb! Get a f*cking grip. Rosters, Standings . . . . what next?? Uniforms?
Iron Spine v2.0
Location: You don't wanna go and eat a snack like that! You'll end up with your teeth all grey,

Post by Iron Spine v2.0 »

Bloke's a complete wrong 'un.

I saw him introducing the 'ladies' gymnastics, licking his lips and gushing about all the (12-15 year old) 'talent' on show.

Missus told me he used to present children's programming when I raised my concerns... it's all adding up...
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Im not sure whether this has already been mentioned but getting stuck behind a woman in a line to pay for something is usually incredibily annoying. This morning the lady in front of me gets to the checkout, the guy scans the items and then she fanny's about in her bag looking for her purse. When found she realises she has no money and then asks to pay by card, all for about £2.50. By this time the line is now twice as long as fumbles and fcks about. ARRRGGHHHHH!!

Am i the only one who gets his money ready beforehand?
Irish Iron

Post by Irish Iron »

Cockneyboy311 wrote:Im not sure whether this has already been mentioned but getting stuck behind a woman in a line to pay for something is usually incredibily annoying. This morning the lady in front of me gets to the checkout, the guy scans the items and then she fanny's about in her bag looking for her purse. When found she realises she has no money and then asks to pay by card, all for about £2.50. By this time the line is now twice as long as fumbles and fcks about. ARRRGGHHHHH!!

Always get in the line with the most men even if its twice as long. Blokes have worked out roughly at least how much its going to be, have the required payment method actually ready (I know its hard to believe ladies), pays the damn thing and ****'s off.

It apparently comes as a complete ****ing surprise to every single woman that they actually have to pay for **** when they get to a register, they are so unprepared for it.
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

By the same token, never wait behind the car in a petrol station forecourt that's been "driven" by a woman. It will take her several minutes between climbing into the driving seat and actually exiting the forecourt. F*ck knows what it is that they do, but it winds me up something chronic.

Get in, start engine, drive away in a safe and controlled manner. That's what you need to be doing, ladies, not finding your favourite Celine Dion CD, changing your shoes from heels to driving pumps, or reapplying your makeup (you'll still be just as ugly as you were before you redid your eyeliner).
sendô

Post by sendô »

Even simply placing the handbag onto the passenger seat takes an age.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Philosophical Dan wrote:By the same token, never wait behind the car in a petrol station forecourt that's been "driven" by a woman. It will take her several minutes between climbing into the driving seat and actually exiting the forecourt. F*ck knows what it is that they do, but it winds me up something chronic.

Get in, start engine, drive away in a safe and controlled manner. That's what you need to be doing, ladies, not finding your favourite Celine Dion CD, changing your shoes from heels to driving pumps, or reapplying your makeup (you'll still be just as ugly as you were before you redid your eyeliner).
Needless to say this doesn't just apply to women, I got stuck behind a fella at the pumps the other day and he took a while to drive off as well, ****.
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist

RyanWHUFC wrote:Needless to say this doesn't just apply to women, I got stuck behind a fella at the pumps the other day and he took a while to drive off as well, ****.
For a woman to do it is - expected, and almost acceptable.

For a man to do it is - beyond disgraceful. He's an embarrassment to his gender.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

For a woman to do it is - expected, and almost acceptable.

For a man to do it is - beyond disgraceful. He's an embarrassment to his gender.
Well said, and 100% true :thup:
Xander
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by Xander »

Irish Iron wrote:It apparently comes as a complete ****ing surprise to every single woman that they actually have to pay for **** when they get to a register, they are so unprepared for it.
That is so f*ckin true, same at cash machines .... err you're there to either withdraw cash, check your balance or top up a phone; whatever it is YOU NEED YOUR CARD. The amount of them who are in the queue, waiting patiently for the person in front then when they get there spend 5minutes digging through their Tardis-like handbag to find their card. Could you have not used the time queuing to have your card ready??????? Headbanger
Last edited by Xander on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
evomutant
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by evomutant »

Cockneyboy311 wrote:Im not sure whether this has already been mentioned but getting stuck behind a woman in a line to pay for something is usually incredibily annoying. This morning the lady in front of me gets to the checkout, the guy scans the items and then she fanny's about in her bag looking for her purse. When found she realises she has no money and then asks to pay by card, all for about £2.50. By this time the line is now twice as long as fumbles and fcks about. ARRRGGHHHHH!!

Had this at the toll booths on the Severn crossing the other day. Must have been sat there for 3 minutes watching some dizzy bint through the back window rummage through her car looking for money. About 8 cars in the lane next to me went past while we didn't move.

Stupid bitch.
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Going over yer mobile minutes and getting charged £176.09
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

How did you manage that?

I cant quite understand how a bloke could do it. I doubt I've ever used more than 10% of my allocated minutes. Do you use it for work? Its surely the only explanation.
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist

Blokes who make a lot of phone calls aren't to be trusted.