Transfer Window: Summer 2012

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Re: Summer 2012 Transfer and Rumours Thread

Post by west ham15 »

Faubert's Boot wrote:Mirror reporting that matt jarvis has handed in transfer request to force through move to us. Cant post link cos im on my phone
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-1247775" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

Matt of iron wrote:
Not a knock at you but this generic ''we need a 20 goal a season man!!'' boils my piss.

Unless we are going to spend 20 million plus we won't get a 20 goal a season man.

Only the very top teams have em.

You've misquoted me to suit your argument, I said 15-20 goals and not 'we need a 20 goal a season man'

go stick your nob in the fridge! :D
Aloysius

Post by Aloysius »

I think Jarvis might just be worth a punt on. He's been Wolves best player for past 3 years, scored 8 goals from the wing in the Prem last season and looks like he wants to come. Throw into the mix he's only 26 so there is a sell on value as well and £7 mill looks about the going rate, the add ons to take it up to what they want would be performance related and if he meets these everyones a winner.

Also think he's better than Richardson with more scope to improve and not interested in wingers that can play Full Back as they get found out defensively in Prem.
Pulls up Trees
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Pulls up Trees »

Willtelll wrote:
I have to admit Bobby that I have never noticed him playing. Anywhere, anytime, anyhow. Wolves aren't exactly on my radar but my point is that if we offered £6m + £3m add ons then he's worth that to us. I do have difficulty believing we (G&S) have that kind of dosh but hey, whatever floats their's and Sam's (agent's) boat.... :arry:
Except that game at home a couple of years ago where they beat us 3-1 and Jarvis tore us apart..... But heh!
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

You said ''Sam will go all out for a 15-20 goal a season striker''

I'm confused as to what a misquoted. :?
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

think he'd also wanna move to us since he's from the london area, bit closer to home.
wormley

Post by wormley »

Scratchy wrote:
He has a very decent record in a very defensive league, it just didn't suit your argument to acknowledge that did it

It's got nothing to do with trying to 'suit my argument' because I'm not making one. I'm simply stating a fact.
He wasn't prolific in League 1.

It's exactly the same as saying:

Maiga - A decent record in a very defensive league - can he cut it in the PL against better opposition who knows?

Posting on here late on Friday night is like the centre of Romford outside the kebab shop at 1am after all the pubs have shut.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

wormley wrote:
I still think we'll have Rio and Berbatov in the starting line up come the start of the season.
I think you have more chance of me warming up than those two come the Villa game.

Unless, going with the rest of the pre-pubescent idiots in this thread worrying about who we sign as if their lives depended on it, you have a source?
wormley

Post by wormley »

Matt of iron wrote:You said ''Sam will go all out for a 15-20 goal a season striker''

I'm confused as to what a misquoted. :?

Hi Matt, just to clarify, you implied that I said:

''we need a 20+ goal a season man!!'' - (which is a bit of a naive thing to say obviously)

What I actually said was:

''I think Sam will go all out for a 15-20 goal a season striker''

and I stand by that, it's too risky otherwise, I'm not talking about Tevez or Carroll or strikers of that ilk, I'm talking about strikers who have something to prove and are getting on a bit like your Berbatovs or Michael Owens or Saha's, low fees/ high wages for a couple of seasons.

Listen regardless of who the players are I'll still be there supporting them but I think we're an experienced striker short in the squad and I do think Sam will bring someone in.
wormley

Post by wormley »

Billydinho wrote:
I think you have more chance of me warming up than those two come the Villa game.

Unless, going with the rest of the pre-pubescent idiots in this thread worrying about who we sign as if their lives depended on it, you have a source?

Let's just wait and see then...
Aloysius

Post by Aloysius »

wormley wrote:Listen regardless of who the players are I'll still be there supporting them but I think we're an experienced striker short in the squad and I do think Sam will bring someone in.
15 - 20 goals a season striker in prem equates to roughly 1 goal every 2 games.

The question is what player of that calibre would we be able to afford or more importantly would want to join a newly promoted club?
BostonHammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by BostonHammer »

May
21st: Stephen Henderson (Portsmouth, nominal fee)

June
14th: Jussi Jaaskelainen (Bolton, nominal fee)
20th: Momo Diame (Wigan, free transfer)

July
1st: George McCartney (Sunderland, nominal fee)
18th: Modibo Maiga (Sochaux, £4.5million)
23rd: Raphael Spiegler (Grasshoppers, nominal fee)

August
1st: James Collins (Aston Villa, £2million)
10th: Alou Diarra (Marseille, £2million)

So that's about £10million spent on fees and I'd say £5m is a fair guess for signing on and agent fees? We've spent £15m and have made a bid of 9 but will be paying £6m which makes £21mill. My guesstimate is we could spend as much as £35-40million including signing on and agent fees!? So much for that earlier cynicism...they really are digging into their old pockets! :raver:
munichhammer
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by munichhammer »

dont forget that needs to be offset against any fees we get for outgoings. Barrera would have gone for about 2mil and both Maynard and Baldock will command similar fees.
TurnbullHammer

Post by TurnbullHammer »

£6 million for Jarvis... I'd definitely like him here but could we get someone else better for the same price?

Anyone know if Konate is close to signing?
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

I think you will find we have gone after wingers (Elia,Krasic) and Jarvis was probably one of Allardyce's first choices.We are desperately devoid of pace and creativity - he can provide it.The lack of goals from Cole can be attributed to not having a capable winger in the side since Etherington left and the fact that he is being used as a battering ram most of the time.
Willtelll

Post by Willtelll »

Pulls up Trees wrote:Except that game at home a couple of years ago where they beat us 3-1 and Jarvis tore us apart..... But heh!
I live abroad and don't get to many live games but I do remember that most teams took us apart a couple of years ago under Grant.

So Jarvis is nothing special I guess your point is huh? 8-)
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

It's a mad, mad, mad world - Wolves get relegated and they turn down £21M for two of their players!!
hightec

Post by hightec »

joselu signed for hoffenhein
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:It's a mad, mad, mad world - Wolves get relegated and they turn down £21M for two of their players!!
Dont forget they were in the Prem for a good few seasons without going silly in the transfer market (unlike us 5-6 yrs ago) so they should have a few quid stashed away.
Mr Brightside

Post by Mr Brightside »

Matt Jarvis - go get him Daves and BFS!!!!

I just really see this guy at West Ham, and his position fits into the 4-3-3 a treat. I do not get the "but not at that price" (£10m I guess) comments, which sometimes appear in the thread!! If you want a proven PL player of decent age then an inflated fee is just the way it is now.
Remember, like them or loathe them (I like them btw) the club is now owned by astute business men who hold the purse strings for the club. We are not run by a bankrupt banker whose first lieutenant is a bonkers biscuit baron anymore, so relax guys and if we have a little spend up then enjoy it!!

PS: When I say astute - that of course excludes the appointment of that clown Grant and signing of Fat Benni............