Bobby Moore remembered

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Hastings Hammer

Post by Hastings Hammer »

One of the best footballers and ambassador for his country to have ever lived. A truly great Englishman :crest: :doff: :doff: :doff: :doff: :doff: R.I.P
Hastings Hammer

Post by Hastings Hammer »

One of the best footballers and ambassador for his country to have ever lived. A truly great Englishman :crest: :doff: :doff: :doff: :doff: :doff: R.I.P
Cooldaveisahotlover

Post by Cooldaveisahotlover »

An absolute ****ing lLegend
norbert2000

What an impact

Post by norbert2000 »

Although I never had the honour of seeing the man play, my overriding recollection of his impact on football was at the Boleyn gates shortly after his death.

Like many others, I made the pilgramage to U.P. that day and stood and took in the impact of his death on those around me, many of which did see him play, and understood the impact he had on our club and country.

Bobby Moore was Rock and Roll, a true revolution, Beckham is merely Brit Pop - great in his day, but in 50 years, will he really be held in the same reverance?

However, not wanting to spoil the party, but he should never have been a coach. The man was a great ambassador for football, like Bobby Charlton and like many others who have graced the game but have never pretended they could teach their art to others.

My only actual experience of BM in football was during his managerial stint at Southend United, whom I used to watch regularly, but BM never enjoyed the experience, and when he left after an unsuccessful reign he made that all too clear.

But a man of his stature and with his understanding COULD have been used in other ways (take Trevor Brooking as an example!), and it is typical of our club that they did not have the foresight to find a way to harness his undoubted talents in a productive way.

Naming a few thousand seats in his name is poor return.

Paul