Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

You could see what that pen meant to him last night. Top man Nobes!
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Someone needs to have a word with him. Seriously.

With that level of performance still in the tank and the vibe currently going on at the club he’d be mental to retire now.

That was De Bruyne, Gundogan and Fernandinho in there….
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Morocco Mole wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:21 am Someone needs to have a word with him. Seriously.

With that level of performance still in the tank and the vibe currently going on at the club he’d be mental to retire now.

That was De Bruyne, Gundogan and Fernandinho in there….
He's done it in all the Cup games, too. Man Utd away, Man City at home, in Europe, he's absolutely smashed it up in the middle of the park. 0 conceded and the Team looking like creating and scoring with him at the heart of it all.

Legs have gone, indeed.... :P
honkytonk
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by honkytonk »

I love Noble, but I dont think another year will be a good idea. Less game time is obviously helping him when he does play but head over heart for me.
I dont think it will happen (as I thought he said once he goes he would like a break from football) but Id love him to stick around in some capacity.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

I see no logic in letting him leave (unless of course he’s had enough) with all the other stuff he brings to the club. Too good to retire in my opinion.

Available for 5-10 games a season. Guide and help the rest of the squad. No brainer surely?
Last edited by Morocco Mole on Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

See how the season pans out. By all intents and purposes this will be his last and a fitting way to bow out. But say for argument sake we did somehow get in the Champions League 1 way or another next season and he continues playing as well as he has done, I see nothing wrong with a little u-turn. First of all if his form continues, he'd deserve it on merit, but it would be such a crying shame he missed out on playing in the Champions League so close to it, especially as he never got to play in it before and he was always overlooked playing for England. If all those cards fell in to place, then I'd want them to reconsider, rather than regret it years after of what might have been whilst he still could. He would need to continue playing well for the rest of the season and staying fit though.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

I love Mark, but I think it's best that he goes out on a relative high, I'd hate to see him hang on too long, if we were to suddenly start struggling, he'd be one of the first in the cross-hairs of the dissenters, looking for a scapegoat.

At present, we are on course to give him a special send off.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

S-H wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:53 am I love Mark, but I think it's best that he goes out on a relative high, I'd hate to see him hang on too long, if we were to suddenly start struggling, he'd be one of the first in the cross-hairs of the dissenters, looking for a scapegoat.

Agreed... he seems relatively at peace with his decision too.

Giving him a special send off really will be fitting for what he has given the club. I think we're already well on the way to that given this is the best European run he's ever had...
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

I'd trade my left nut to see Nobes lift a trophy this year.

What an example to those kids who speak with Nobes on a weekly basis when he drives down to Chadwell Heath and watches the games when he doesn't have to. Or to those new pro's who are welcomed into the squad and quickly understand the culture that him, Nolan & Co have built. Even the support staff who clearly love the fella have nothing bad to say about him.

Mark Noble lifting the Milk Cup, FA Cup or Europa Cup this season will mean everything to us the fans, and likely the same to everyone who picks up a wage from the club.

Make no mistake, Mark James Noble is a ****ing legend. Never underestimate what he has done for this club. :crest:
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

So after all this time, it turns out that he just needed a few decent players around him... who'd have thought that he'd be able to shine when he wasn't carrying the weight of the whole squad (and manager), (and board) on his shoulders??

Good to see that it is all quiet on the 'running through treacle' front today.

Absolute legend, and one who will be massively missed. Would be absolutely amazing to see him lift a trophy before he leaves.
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 367 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

PF. wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:02 am I'd trade my left nut to see Nobes lift a trophy this year.

What an example to those kids who speak with Nobes on a weekly basis when he drives down to Chadwell Heath and watches the games when he doesn't have to. Or to those new pro's who are welcomed into the squad and quickly understand the culture that him, Nolan & Co have built. Even the support staff who clearly love the fella have nothing bad to say about him.

Mark Noble lifting the Milk Cup, FA Cup or Europa Cup this season will mean everything to us the fans, and likely the same to everyone who picks up a wage from the club.

Make no mistake, Mark James Noble is a ****ing legend. Never underestimate what he has done for this club. :crest:

Well said PF. It sickens me some of the mocking and abuse he has taken from some of our so called fans. He's one of us and we should be extremely proud of him.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Would be the perfect fairy tale ending for Noble to finally lift a major trophy in his final season. Why can’t it happen?

This time next year we’ll hopefully see a new statue outside the London Stadium of Noble trying to juggle both the Carabao Cup and Europa League trophy. :scarfer:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Hopefully one of his last games will be at HA9 walking up steps with his big cheesy grin. He knows. :crest:
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Good performance last night. Its been a long and painful period of poor performances.
Pleased for him. Hope he can go out on a high. I think he deserves that.

But. He is well past his best imo.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 381 likes
Total likes: 1410 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Am I right in saying that he's not, necessarily, retiring from football this season but just not continuing at West Ham? His statement said something like 'this will be my last season as a first team player at West Ham' but that he didn't know what the future held.

He does say he wants to work with the academy, but not that he's hanging them up permanently.

I say that, but it would be incredibly weird to see him wearing any other football shirt.
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3122 likes
Total likes: 2265 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

S-H wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:53 am I love Mark, but I think it's best that he goes out on a relative high, I'd hate to see him hang on too long, if we were to suddenly start struggling, he'd be one of the first in the cross-hairs of the dissenters, looking for a scapegoat.

Special send-off.

Bit of time off, especially to rest his arms from all the silverware he's been lifting, and to take a mid-season holiday or two.

Back the season after in the arms-round-the-shoulder/pat-on-the-back coaching role once Kevin Nolan gets another management gig.

:newthumb:

(That's my vision. Might not be his. He definitely left room in his statement for a playing role in the Championship/Orient/abroad/whatever if he wants to do so.)
Bond Holder 59
Has liked: 1162 likes
Total likes: 674 likes

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

Absolutely spot on. Better to leave at the top, and everyone wanting more.

I was one calling for his replacement, but admit he’s contributed well in our less critical games this season which proves I know nothing. Playing infrequently is helping him but we should not hold back youngsters next season such Coventry in my opinion. Nobes is a club legend, and it would be nice to see him finish positively.

Well done Nobes.
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

I thought he was Superb last night. His penalty crowned a great night for him.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

PF. wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:02 am I'd trade my left nut to see Nobes lift a trophy this year.

Why not all three?
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

A great night for him.

Now I'm going to be naughty but I thought he was looking a bit like Pop Robson last night and I don't mean playing style.

Says the man who was bald himself by 30. :)