Takeover talk

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Re: Takeover talk

Post by Up the Junction »

carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

We’ve been taken over by Sullivan’s.

Is this being done in relation to a safe where it’s tax efficient to be a Director when you get proceeds? I’ve no idea, just asking.
Billy Bonds boots
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Billy Bonds boots »

Sulivan and gold have fallen out imo, thats why the girls ( golds daughters ) were at dinner with the Czech guy sounding him out for the future with there fathers shares which wouid be enough for full control, 2023 will be quite a year for the ammers and a intresting one :newthumb:
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Smudger1 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:26 pm It’s been a few years but it always used to be the case that if you didn’t claim it you would be classed as dissenting with any cash held in trust for I think 12 years; might be worth an enquiry.
Thanks, good tip - I'm probably out of the window anyway but I may try the registrar.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Up the Junction wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:38 pm
Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.
e-20
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

It all starts with small steps, especially in Sullivan’s case.
Cornelius Beal
Has liked: 127 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Cornelius Beal »

YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1415 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Just misread the hashtag of 'GSB IN' as 'GS BIN'.
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

I think you got it all wrong. Kretinsky will take Jack Sullivan under his wing and teach him all about business, investment, high yield bonds, mergers etc.

Two years from now Kretinsky will then hand over his entire business dealings to young Jack who can then also buy Cardiff City as a second toy to play with plus his own factory producing crystal panthers.

Smart play from GSB bringing Kretinsky in! :rofl:
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 373 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

It has probably already been covered on here but Kresinsky's 27% investment values the club at £700m. My firm worked on it and have just published that info.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Whufc06 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:59 pm My firm worked on it and have just published that info.
Link please, 06?
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Confirms what the Standard reported at the time of the deal - https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 65446.html.

Would be really interested to hear the logic as to why the valuation of West Ham and Newcastle is so wildly different. I know there's the geography aspect but you can't deny that as a business this club is several steps behind Arsenal/Chelsea/Tottenham.
goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:25 pm Confirms what the Standard reported at the time of the deal - https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 65446.html.

Would be really interested to hear the logic as to why the valuation of West Ham and Newcastle is so wildly different. I know there's the geography aspect but you can't deny that as a business this club is several steps behind Arsenal/Chelsea/Tottenham.
For exactly the same reason a one bedroom flat in wapping costs £500,000 and a three bedroom house in Newcastle costs about half that. Newcastle is also a team currently mired in a relegation battle, while WHU are in the top4 and Europa league knockout phase
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:25 pm Confirms what the Standard reported at the time of the deal - https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 65446.html.

Well, we've got a bigger stadium than all of them.

Our support has turned up for decades now in spite of the relentless cock-ups in leadership positions, and the infrequent moments of quality on the pitch.

So, if they get it right in those positions and on the pitch, it isn't that hard to see how we can at least match these clubs, IMO. There's been no glory for 40 years.

Maybe I'm indulging in some kind of deluded nonsense but, there's just something about West Ham that the others don't seem to have, well certainly not Arsenal or Spurs. Some kind of character or edge or something. Biggest crap club, or crappest big club in the world for years now. It feels like every one knows it. And all of a sudden it feels like everyone is saying, "****, they've got their act together "

You never know, we could be massive. :crylol:
e-20
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

I think you are focusing in on exactly the reason. A study of Daniel Křetínský himself reveals the answer to this. He buys into coal when everyone is getting out, he buys into Royal Mail when everything’s going digital, he buys into Sainsburies when it has been outsized and outsmarted by competitors and newcomers. I’m sure there are numerous other examples too. This guy sees opportunities where others see limitations, he sees value in seemingly unfashionable businesses and sees great opportunities in developing undervalued and unforeseen opportunities. Oh and he’s a football fan which no doubt has led him into being interested in bringing his vision into opportunities within that area that can project him and what he does onto a far more high profile level. West Ham fit that bill in his world perfectly, it potentially reflects him and his business operandi in ways those other London clubs never could just as it doesn’t most other potential investors who will always way up ‘potential’ with the historical permeating east end prejudice that will act as an anchor despite the ‘gentrification’ of the area.

This guy is a serious businessman who isn’t looking for instant glory, though present results are hardly off putting, or for instant prestige, he sees a growth opportunity where others don’t esp in the snobby British environment that prevails in such investments. He looks beyond the prejudice and looks at the growth it can generate over simply maintaining the status quo or limited potential of the other 3 London Clubs even if they were available. Fact is they already have an image that would water down anything he could achieve and potentially leave decline on the table ( which might be a little too close to home for him presently). With West Ham there is potential to grow without massive financial outgoings in the short term, he can improve infrastructure and gain due credit spend sensibly to build on the present confidence and performance, create stability and grow into the role of being the major force behind this club and his interest in English football generally and no doubt greater investments in the UK generally which a growing West Ham will help brand and both uniting I suspect in tying the club into the potential of the park and surrounds (starting with buying out the lease) as that grows too in impact and prestige. Yes there’s risk just like his other investments but so far they all seem to be paying off for him so why change your style? He’s also young enough to know that however long it takes the potential of that location could have great benefits down the line, something that was becoming too problematical, financially out of their grasp and too far off for Sullivan and Gold, though I suspect they will both wish to retain an interest so as to get a bonus from any such transformative change down the line, for their children in particular.
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 373 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

Up the Junction wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:05 pm Link please, 06?
Sorry it came through on our internal newsletter
brooking_1980
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by brooking_1980 »

Would be interested to know how they got to a £ 700m valuation, as that was what Sully was always holding out for. Seems too high, but if someone paid that, must be right ? Would be good to know what they factor in to value the Club so high ?
Cornelius Beal
Has liked: 127 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Cornelius Beal »

Re: E-20 and Kretínsky's shares gambles.

Think I read about his stakes in the coal industry, mainly Poland. Basically whilst seemingly looking like a strange move with everything going green it could be seen as wise with many coal plants being converted into green energy places.
Royal Mail- gradually changing into a parcel focused operation and that's where the money is. Lots more scope for modernisation with drones and different services.
Sainsbury's- owning Habitat and Argos and bringing in house could be seen as one example of attempting to stay in the big three.
As for us, well look no further than the plans that PAI had.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2894 likes
Total likes: 619 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

bubbles1966 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:57 pm Well, we've got a bigger stadium than all of them.

Our support has turned up for decades now in spite of the relentless cock-ups in leadership positions, and the infrequent moments of quality on the pitch.

So, if they get it right in those positions and on the pitch, it isn't that hard to see how we can at least match these clubs, IMO. There's been no glory for 40 years.

Maybe I'm indulging in some kind of deluded nonsense but, there's just something about West Ham that the others don't seem to have, well certainly not Arsenal or Spurs. Some kind of character or edge or something. Biggest crap club, or crappest big club in the world for years now. It feels like every one knows it. And all of a sudden it feels like everyone is saying, "****, they've got their act together "

You never know, we could be massive. :crylol:
West Ham are the biggest club in Europe, the world very possibly, who have never won their country’s top division title.
brooking_1980
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by brooking_1980 »

I thought £ 700m was too high. Its £ 700m including the debt, so £ 600m once the debts are paid off:

Source: https://www.ft.com/content/b98cb846-89a ... 542cb36387

Mis-leading & wrong to say its £ 700m. I had thought it would be £ 160m/27%=£ 593m, which for me, already feels too high, let alone £ 700m.