Jesse Lingard

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammer1975
Has liked: 980 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Re: Jesse Lingard

Post by hammer1975 »

I reckon we should go for Mason Mount instead

:winker:
umweb
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by umweb »

funky chicken wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:09 am For sure. Ole leaving makes no difference. I can’t imagine any manager they appoint will give Lingard any more minutes. And why should they if a player is running down his contract?

I am not a gambling man. But if I was, let’s just say I’d stick money on Lingard being a West Ham player by the end of January.
i can actually seeing him get another shot. new managers often do this as it's a no-lose situation for them.

give a player out of the team a new chance...
if it works out he's a genius, if it doesn't he is praised for taking chance.
Hamburger
Has liked: 864 likes
Total likes: 447 likes

Post by Hamburger »

umweb wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:33 pm i can actually seeing him get another shot. new managers often do this as it's a no-lose situation for them.

give a player out of the team a new chance...
if it works out he's a genius, if it doesn't he is praised for taking chance.
Not for me, I think Carrick will want to get a couple in to sure things up and so clear out some deadwood. Jesse is not the future of Utd and will be gone 100%. Hopefully be ours first week in Jan.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 872 likes
Total likes: 850 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

I would like this to be wrapped up as soon as window is open and not left to the last minute.
The quicker he becomes an option for Moyes to accommodate, the better.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3024 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Hamburger wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:51 am Not for me, I think Carrick will want to get a couple in to sure things up and so clear out some deadwood.
Surely they won't give an interim manager money to get players in? Or let them decide who is deadwood?

I'd guess they try and cash in on Pogba but that's it.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1083 likes
Total likes: 1395 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

El brooko79 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:06 am Surely they won't give an interim manager money to get players in? Or let them decide who is deadwood?

How much say do you think Ole had on signings? I'm guessing not much at all...

I think it'll be the same for the nxxt manager
El brooko79
Has liked: 3024 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

If they want a top level manager I think he will want some control of players. I really don't see them making many signings till then, just hope it doesn't effect what happens to lingard.
Denzil
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 529 likes

Post by Denzil »

Have a horrible feeling he will end up on North London
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9648 likes

Post by S-H »

Denzil wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:42 am Have a horrible feeling he will end up on North London
ZazaPenaltyRunup
Has liked: 1589 likes
Total likes: 279 likes

Post by ZazaPenaltyRunup »

El brooko79 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:06 am Surely they won't give an interim manager money to get players in? Or let them decide who is deadwood?

It's Man Utd. They're ran like the world's most financially-backed circus.

Best advertising and sponsorships in the game. Complete idiots in the boardroom. Ole was clearly incapable but was happy to be a yes man and as a result is now sitting with Lingard, Pogba, Cavani + Mata all out of contract in the summer with Sancho and Varane almost anonymous since spending £110m on the pair. Van De Beek sits on the bench every game and yet looked like one of the best in the world at Ajax.

I think the problem for MU right now is that it's becoming less about the football and more about the celebrity – the vanity in re-signing Ronaldo (despite him completely not fitting their team) is evidence of it.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

ZazaPenaltyRunup wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:28 am Van De Beek sits on the bench every game and yet looked like one of the best in the world at Ajax.
Anyone can go to Ajax and look good.
:chin:
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 689 likes
Total likes: 2031 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Denzil wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:42 am Have a horrible feeling he will end up on North London
The reports are that they want him for free at the end of the season, whereas we are willing to pay in January apparently. Lingard will want to do all he can to play at the World Cup. Coming back to us would be his best chance. I think he'll be back here.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

He wont be getting a round of applause at the LS if he goes there.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Could have done with his energy at the weekend. Get it done West Ham :thup:
Liam
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 214 likes

Post by Liam »

I fear that Lingard (who clearly loves Man United) could have his head turned by a new manager who offers him a clean slate and will see out the 2nd half of the season with Man United.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Liam wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:57 pm I fear that Lingard (who clearly loves Man United) could have his head turned by a new manager who offers him a clean slate and will see out the 2nd half of the season with Man United.
Yep, when I heard the news I was gutted on 2 counts, firstly Lingard, another chance/new contract maybe - depends on incoming manager, plus OGS has been doing enough just to keep his job until Watford, the muppets.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 522 likes
Total likes: 1317 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Alternatively, talks for a new deal have already broken down. Man Utd will have no assurances he'd stay at the end of the year and the new manager might want a bit of cash to make any sort of difference to their shambles of a football team.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

I think the new manager is irrelevant at this point. Man Utd have a plethora of attacking midfielders to choose from, and Lingard is unlikely to be first name on the team sheet regardless of the new manager. The club and him have already tried and failed to agree a deal.

He'll be off, the only question is where and will it be January or the summer?
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

The next Man United manager is going to be tasked with getting the most of their most recent signings, so the suits that signed off on them don't look like a bunch of useless twats.
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by stu1 »

An interim manager probably suits us as he won't be able to give Lingard any assurances for next season, no matter how often he plays over the next month or two.

The downside is I think Man U will likely be above us by the close of the Jan window with a new man in charge.