Jesse Lingard

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Denzil
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 529 likes

Re: Jesse Lingard

Post by Denzil »

I must admit my first thought when OGS got the tin-tac was that it may mean Lingard gets a look in however the more I think of it, the more I think the opposite will be true.

The clean sheet is true, but that'll apply to all players. The likes of Greenwood, Sancho, Rashford etc all have age on their side and are the future of the club, so any new manager will try to utilise them first.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Given the new guy will know it is an interim role only they might find a problem getting a new manager. Cannot think of any top managers out of work whose ego would allow for an “interim” appointment. Why would a top manager under contract take it on and is any “Solskjaer light” better than Carrick anyway.

I suppose they could approach an international manager eg Martinez to “double up” until the summer. They may have looked at Mancini but with Italy in the play offs in the spring that is less likely.

Jesse must know therefore that the next 6 months at Man Utd are at best “limbo” at worst a waste. There will be something like 14 games before the World Cup next season. If he is serious about the squad he needs to impress this year and that is best achieved by far more regular football. For me the biggest threat remains Newcastle as he would start week in week out, they will be high profile and pay the wages. Loan would be a no-brainer for both parties otherwise a transfer with a relegation release clause like Ba apparently had at our place.
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 178 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

According to R5 yesterday, they've already announced Carrick as interim manager. Rumour is that Poccatino will be there before the end of the season, but don't know if there's any truth in the matter
Ariksan
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ariksan »

Kludgehammer wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:33 pm According to R5 yesterday, they've already announced Carrick as interim manager. Rumour is that Poccatino will be there before the end of the season, but don't know if there's any truth in the matter
Surely that would mean that Lingard must be bound for us as part of the Carrick deal.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Ariksan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:28 pm Surely that would mean that Lingard must be bound for us as part of the Carrick deal.
Now that's playing the long game. :winker:
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by Chavs »

Lingard is going to be like that holiday one night stand where you properly hit it off, it was magical, you seem to really click and think about each other non stop so end up ****ing off your long term bird for this little fling, then when you finally get together you start seeing stuff that you didnt really notice before that is ****ing obvious and you've naused it right up and should've just carried on meeting at the holiday inn twice a year
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 57 likes

Post by 1966 »

I8CHAVS wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:28 pm Lingard is going to be like that holiday one night stand where you properly hit it off, it was magical, you seem to really click and think about each other non stop so end up ****ing off your long term bird for this little fling, then when you finally get together you start seeing stuff that you didnt really notice before that is ****ing obvious and you've naused it right up and should've just carried on meeting at the holiday inn twice a year
Blimey mate sounds like you're still hurting from it.
Chavs

Post by Chavs »

1966 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:46 pm Blimey mate sounds like you're still hurting from it.
I miss Barry from Rotherham dearly to this day

Whats more worrying is i am sure i have made the same analogy and joke twice in this very thread
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

I8CHAVS wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:51 pm I miss Barry from Rotherham dearly to this day

Whats more worrying is i am sure i have made the same analogy and joke twice in this very thread
You'll nail the third attempt.

:thup:
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

I8CHAVS wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:51 pm I miss Barry from Rotherham dearly to this day

Don't worry mate. It comes to us all. 🙁
Chavs

Post by Chavs »

S-H wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:54 pm You'll nail the third attempt.

:thup:
Thats exactly what Barry said
Chavs

Post by Chavs »

BondsoBob wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:55 pm Don't worry mate. It comes to us all. 🙁
And that tbf
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

I8CHAVS wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:51 pm
That you have -although RARS did that analogy first...I think :chin:
Chavs

Post by Chavs »

-DL- wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:56 pm That you have -although RARS did that analogy first...I think :chin:
Never would've done it with my style and panache though and lets get it straight who the f*** reads RARS posts
Believer
Has liked: 1428 likes
Total likes: 764 likes

Post by Believer »

Unused sub again tonight. I genuinely think he will now leave the club. I don’t think he has a future there at all.
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by stu1 »

Believer wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:15 pm Unused sub again tonight. I genuinely think he will now leave the club. I don’t think he has a future there at all.
An unused sub even after they changed the whole front three behind Ronaldo................he's 7th choice for 3 positions.
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 258 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

stu1 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:43 pm An unused sub even after they changed the whole front three behind Ronaldo................he's 7th choice for 3 positions.
Carrick wants him to come to us.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2083 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

I think it’s obvious he wants to come to us. It’s a happy club and he got to play his best football.
Bonzos4Lagers
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by Bonzos4Lagers »

And a World Cup next year . . . we could revive his chances.
I hope he comes to us :hamm:
El brooko79
Has liked: 3025 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Bonzos4Lagers wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:14 am And a World Cup next year . . . we could revive his chances.
I hope he comes to us :hamm:
This is my main concern tbh.
I'm sure it's not his motivation but keep hearing all about game time for world cup.

Needs to be a secondary motivation