Jesse Lingard

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Billy Hunt
Has liked: 468 likes
Total likes: 352 likes

Re: Jesse Lingard

Post by Billy Hunt »

Albie Beck wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:09 am We were Declan's PLAN B. Is that not alright now?
Surely Rice is more Vanilla Ice than Plan B isn't he ... ?
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 225 likes
Total likes: 448 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

I'd be amazed if Lingard came back and recaptured his previous form so in one one he's on a hiding to nothing by coming back from some fans.

However, it's clear he's got something we need and will make a positive contribution to the team. His form did tail off but I'd put that down to general exhaustion rather some of the conspiracy ideas being floated.

Signing a younger player for the future is a decent argument, but the reality is we need someone for THIS Season, to strengthen our position...Just think what regular european qualification will do for our recruitment options!

In an ideal world we'd be letting Yarmo go and replacing him with Lingard.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Bring in lingard and holzek. Present and future covered!
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:38 pm Bring in lingard and holzek. Present and future covered!
What about the past?

Zamora?
Harewood?
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Ozza »

I'll say it again for what feels like the hundredth time, his club said he wasn't for sale, he is under contract there, so he didn't have a decision to make 6 months ago, they also gave him the view point that he would be included in games.

Makes me laugh, those of you that think he should have kicked off ripped his contract up and stropped off, the bloke is a professional, if he had done im pretty sure most of you would have been saying that we shouldn't be anywhere near a disloyal trouble maker...

Plan B.... not if you never had the choice to make
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Ozza »

Turtlecharityracer wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:33 am
The downsides: Badly tailed off. Gave the impression of thinking he is bigger than the club. Lazy at tines in games. Made clear we are very much a second choice. Signing players from bigger clubs rarely works. Age means he is clearly not a young, hungry signingvthat Moyes claimed he wanted when he joined.

Overall, would.prefer we steer clear and use the scouting knowledge we have allegedly employed in Newman to find a younger player with his best years ahead of him rather than behind him.
what a load of old bowlocks, you should go and look at the stats he was producing right up until the end of his loan period, still contributing with assists and goals, still running further than anyone else on the pitch, and when exactly did he give it that he was bigger than the club?

So glad we have the manager that we have who knows more than some of the drivel on here.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Surrey Supporter wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:15 am Do we really want to sign someone who IMO thinks of our beloved West Ham merely as his PLAN B ?
I can only imagine your horror that we're still entertaining Declan Rice who is only with us because Chelsea, his plan A, rejected him as a child.
BigFatSam
Has liked: 210 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:20 pm I don't want to worry you without cause but you realise the vast majority of our squad are only here because we were the best option available at the time we signed them and not because DEMBA BA LOVE WEST HAM?
No they’d clearly all turn down Manchester United as they love walking out the tunnel with all those bubbles. Come on you eye Ron’s.
Lars Jacobsen
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by Lars Jacobsen »

For me, it's simple. If the lad wants to come back, and the deal is right, it's a no-brainer.

If we're dragging him kicking and screaming with a £150k p/w contract for the next 5 years, no thank you.

He will help us to push on and cement our place in the top four, if he joins. But only if he's fit, firing and up for it. Which he was last time!
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 225 likes
Total likes: 448 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

Lars Jacobsen wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:14 pm If we're dragging him kicking and screaming with a £150k p/w contract for the next 5 years, no thank you.
I imagine Newcastle will act as a natural filter for any quality players looking to move clubs in the next few windows... they'll be tabling offers for people left right and centre so it will be much easier to see where players priorities lie.
Estuary
Has liked: 275 likes
Total likes: 116 likes

Post by Estuary »

Sloop John B wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:26 pm I imagine Newcastle will act as a natural filter for any quality players looking to move clubs in the next few windows... they'll be tabling offers for people left right and centre so it will be much easier to see where players priorities lie.
Very perceptive. They will also push the wage demands up a tad.
Lars Jacobsen
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by Lars Jacobsen »

Sloop John B wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:26 pm I imagine Newcastle will act as a natural filter for any quality players looking to move clubs in the next few windows... they'll be tabling offers for people left right and centre so it will be much easier to see where players priorities lie.
Good point, although I'd hope that most people wouldn't see it as a straight shoot-out between megabucks but relegation-threatened Newcastle, and high-flying West Ham!
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

The constant questioning of Lingard is starting to really irk me. He was never for sale in the summer, that’s very plainly clear.

There’s nothing wrong with his attitude and to spend the day chatting about his priorities shows some of you might want to get out more.

All aboard the Lingard bus, can’t wait to see him back.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Can we park the lingard bus until Jan 1st; when he signs !
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Every player is not for sale until the club gets an offer that matches their valuation. And even when that happens, the player has to want to go.

If we had offered Man Utd £30m (not saying he was worth that) in the summer then they would have accepted, 100%. Whether Lingard would have agreed to come is another story.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

@alex_crook
So Lingard has the hump at #MUFC because he isn't playing enough and his way of dealing with that is to ask for tomorrow night off and thereby rule himself out of a game he could have played in. Makes perfect sense!!

https://twitter.com/alex_crook/status/1 ... 3681?s=21
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

The more the Lingard saga goes on (and on and on...), the more it feels like he's this season's Jonjo Shelvey.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

The Lingard moment has passed. Moving on.
DublinDave
Has liked: 2723 likes
Total likes: 1754 likes

Post by DublinDave »

Ragnick said in his press conference that Lingard was all set to leave for an undisclosed club but when the Greenwood controversy broke on Sunday, they decided Monday afternoon to keep him...
He couldn't have come here even if he wanted to...
Hermit_Road
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Hermit_Road »

I really don't understand why this thread hasn't been locked. It should've been about 6 months ago, yet still there are others discussing him and worse still, thinking he'll be here in the summer FFS!