Takeover talk

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Lars Jacobsen
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Re: Takeover talk

Post by Lars Jacobsen »

TBF I think the assumption given my low post count is that I'm a GSB or Kretinsky shill.

I got locked out of my old account and have really struggled to get into this one too - "submitted form is invalid" errors!

So I understand the dubiousness.
Reg Stretch
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Reg Stretch »

Sloop John B wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:28 pm I mean time will tell but everything i hear about this guy seem good, that's a very measured article especially when you compare to the PAI fiasco. Evolution not revolution is the way to go imho.
That’s just like me...I like to evolve not.....revolve
SiO
Has liked: 538 likes
Total likes: 292 likes

Post by SiO »

Reg Stretch wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:35 pm That’s just like me...I like to evolve not.....revolve
:lol:
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Oldun wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:00 pm So he first come and saw us at the Leicester game ,our first home game,interesting as the other mob was mouthing off at this time.
I can't be bothered trawling back, but whilst many on here were preoccupied with whatever Mattress Man was spouting off about, some were posting that another potential acquirer had attended a match.
Estuary
Has liked: 275 likes
Total likes: 116 likes

Post by Estuary »

Reg Stretch wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:35 pm That’s just like me...I like to evolve not.....revolve
Or dissolve? :winker:
Long Shot
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Long Shot »

Up the Junction wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:37 pm
Boooo the Bohemian Buffett needs to sell a couple of coal mines and get us Kilian Mbappe!

The club being so sensible is very bizarre- quite refreshingly boring
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 316 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Long Shot wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:42 pm Boooo the Bohemian Buffett needs to sell a couple of coal mines and get us Kilian Mbappe!

The club being so sensible is very bizarre- quite refreshingly boring
Compare and contrast this with the current owners and, even more so, the previous proposed purchasers. Ok words are cheap and it is deeds that matter but this guy certainly sounds as if he has a plan.
Romford_Iron
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 271 likes

Post by Romford_Iron »

To be fair, he’s not said that there won’t be any investment in Jan. He’s basically just said that we’re not taking the Chelski/Man City route and splashing cash on heaps of expensive signings that may potentially upset the team spirit that David Moyes has built and that the better option is to slowly invest and grow what we already have - and he’s absolutely right. And it’s probably the route all of us would prefer anyway. Plus hopefully it’ll mean that we won’t get our pants pulled down as much as Newcastle in the process.

We’ve already got a good team, and we’re a few signings away from being in the position where we have a good squad and just need to add 2/3 quality signings each summer to keep progressing - and it seems like we have an owner that is aware of that as well.

Exciting times :scarfer:
Essexmaniac
Has liked: 124 likes
Total likes: 144 likes

Post by Essexmaniac »

The Standard article to me reads as further proof ( if there's any doubt) that Kretínsky's full takeover is already agreed. Why would someone with just the 27% stake and no overall control, speak with such authority and purpose about the club and future plans?
Essexmaniac
Has liked: 124 likes
Total likes: 144 likes

Post by Essexmaniac »

Confident too that whilst we won't be splashing the cash liberally in January, funds will be available to address any needy issues. As it stands centre back and forward cover suffice, barring further injury complications.
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

Slightly concerned that with a sensible sounding owner and a top notch management team, fortune might not be hiding for too much longer.

This is all bloody weird....
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

Says all the right things well. Looks promising.

Thanks for posting.
Boleyn_Hammer
Has liked: 310 likes
Total likes: 214 likes

Post by Boleyn_Hammer »

Vic_Watson wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:14 pm Says all the right things well. Looks promising.

Thanks for posting.
You’re welcome
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

In his first direct message to fans Kretinsky has set out a realistic and sensible vision and acknowledged where he has gone wrong in the past.

Meanwhile in the Big Tent, it's all most successful stadium migration in history and hopeful promises etc :clown:

2023 can't come soon enough.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Wow that article showed more common sense, realism and yet inspiration too that we have heard from the present mob over the last decade. He has it seems really done his homework, the professionalism and enthusiasm shines through. He seems to know what appeals to our fan base rather more insightfully than our so called fan owners ever have and the reassuring reflections on his experience at his home club a sensible adjunct to the main theme. Liked what he said about the academy all new owners like to talk about academies and the gut reaction is to think it’s an admission that there won’t be any emphasis on the transfer market ( you definitely got that with PAI) but I take it here (and I hope my enthusiasm isn’t getting the better of me here) that it’s an indicator he will invest in that part of the club which we know is badly needed not in place of but in addition to bringing players in as and when the latter is needed. And absolutely he seems to be talking already like he is taking over the club so the reassurance I feel about him is equally reassurance that in a few years he will indeed be the major player and majority owner and further reassurance that this is someone as far as anyone can be confident sees the club as integral to whatever developments may or do take place over the next decade or so.
Long Shot
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Long Shot »

Gsbgsb wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:47 pm Compare and contrast this with the current owners and, even more so, the previous proposed purchasers. Ok words are cheap and it is deeds that matter but this guy certainly sounds as if he has a plan.
Totally, this guy has obviously paid a high premium to be involved so he has a medium and long-term plan I'm sure.

My feeling is that he may have overvalued us at this moment in time but a couple of seasons of not starting August as relegation candidates, finishing in the Euro places and the odd flirt with CL might see us closer to the value he has invested in.

If he helps get us there without spunking loads of wedge with some sensible investment and strategy come the fabled March 2023 date he should be sitting in a good position. Either being first in the queue for a takeover or if a mega buyer wants to purchase us they will probably overvalue us as he did and he will see a nice return on selling his shares.

To get him there we just need to be there or thereabouts a solid prem team and a dry pair of pants during the transfer windows will really help
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1647 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 640 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Clucking Bell wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:07 pm Slightly concerned that with a sensible sounding owner and a top notch management team, fortune might not be hiding for too much longer.

This is all bloody weird....
Oh b*llocks - we'll have to change our song...
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Lars Jacobsen wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:22 pm TBF I think the assumption given my low post count is that I'm a GSB or Kretinsky shill.

I got locked out of my old account and have really struggled to get into this one too - "submitted form is invalid" errors!

So I understand the dubiousness.
Figured you were another Rars shill.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

As posted on here by Wembley on Wednesday:

viewtopic.php?t=178039&start=6560#p6102870