Yossi Benayoun

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

staines moore wrote:
You wouldn't be taking the diluted ureaic acid would you?? :D
No, he's a Euro 2004 legend. This is him 'on top'

http://media.bonnint.net/apimage/AKCF11403302139.jpg

Here he is 'on top' again

http://metimes.com/articles/normal.php? ... 4325-5848r

LEGEND = http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/images ... 161cec.jpg
Eric

Post by Eric »

He sounds like just the player we need.

It looks like WHU have gazzumped Bolton by £1m.

He has a new agent that wants to get him into the ENGLISH Prem. We would be a good choice for him.

We just have to trust Pards and the Board to do the right thing.
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

The Commissar wrote:Interestingly, Benayoun doesn't actually belong to Racing Santander anymore. Apparently his agents have bought his registration and own the player so he is effectively without a club. The agent involved is Pini Zahavi so we should start stalking all the hotel rooms in the Chelsea area.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/595791.html
So if 'superagent' Pini Zahavi bought him for 3.5m Euros, thats about £2m?? So we'd be looking at a transfer fee of anything above that??
mattcox10

Post by mattcox10 »

Well he sounds pretty impressive, and I suppose is the 'type of player' we are after. Could be a good signing.
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

Doubt he will be availbale at a rasonable price then - if hte agents "bought" him for 3.5m euros, i.e. around 2.25m they'll want a large profit on top (Zahavidoesnt get out of bed for less than a couple of mil).

Though I sspse they might settle for less if htere was a large sell on, AND a clause meaning they could triggger a sale when it suited them.
Glorious Spurs

Post by Glorious Spurs »

We've been linked to him for 2 season without ever really moving for him, from what i understand he is very skillfull and did score his fair share in Spain but the concern was always that he is just so lightweight, you could never dream of playing him in a conventional 4-4-2, supported by 2 defensive mids in a 4-5-1 system as i believe you intend to employ and he might be a goer.
His attitude has never been in question as far as i know, he's not a trouble maker but he also won't bust a gut to get back, tackle, win headers, challenge for any 50/50's or break much of a sweat.

Thats all i can really tell you.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

is there any player in World football you dont know about GS? :lol:
Glorious Spurs

Post by Glorious Spurs »

carnage wrote:is there any player in World football you dont know about GS? :lol:
Well as you lot are quick to point out, theres not a player in world football we've not been linked with so you do tend to pick these things up.
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

Glorious Spurs wrote:We've been linked to him for 2 season without ever really moving for him, from what i understand he is very skillfull and did score his fair share in Spain but the concern was always that he is just so lightweight, you could never dream of playing him in a conventional 4-4-2, supported by 2 defensive mids in a 4-5-1 system as i believe you intend to employ and he might be a goer.
His attitude has never been in question as far as i know, he's not a trouble maker but he also won't bust a gut to get back, tackle, win headers, challenge for any 50/50's or break much of a sweat.

Thats all i can really tell you.
well that sounds exactly like Eyal Berkovic. A lot slated him for being lazy, which was bollox - his mnovement off the ball was fantastic and he always gave you a player in space to play to, but track back, not really. Point is he was working when we didnt have the ball - moving in to space should we regain posession - but not defending. That said I remember our blowing a lead against Forest at home when we took Berko off for a more defensive mifielder and the player who had been marking Eyal bombed fwd and scored. I think they then went on and took the three points...

Ina 4-5-1 you can play a player like that. just not in 4-4-2
Countryboy

Post by Countryboy »

Major wrote:As an aside

Would this signing make UP a bigger target for Terrorists?

Olympics Israeli etc...
On that basis, don't you thinkt the terrorists would go for White Hart Lane first? :lol:

And the song is surely ..

Yosser, Yosser, gissa goal
Yosser ... gissa goal
noble art

Post by noble art »

so agents can now buy players :shock:
whats this game coming too?
Favhammer

Post by Favhammer »

The Commissar wrote:Interestingly, Benayoun doesn't actually belong to Racing Santander anymore. Apparently his agents have bought his registration and own the player so he is effectively without a club. The agent involved is Pini Zahavi so we should start stalking all the hotel rooms in the Chelsea area.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/595791.html
I wonder if there will ever be an "agent" eleven , with an agent holding his regestration and maybe another ten players !! Zahavi Utd !!!!!
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Chrissieboy »

Berkovic was quality and I never thought he had a bad attitude. Some games didn't suit him as the ball was flying all over the place and he loved it on the deck. Those slide rule passes! One of my highlights videos shows that he set up half our goals that season and was involved in more. 1995/96 or 96/97? One of the seasons I had a season ticket. Anyway I loved him.

If this lad is any good get him in. We need a creative, goalscoring midfielder and as has been pointed out Bolton have managed to sign players fairly inexpensively who have done well and nobody else had heard of them or taken the chance. Anyway sounds like Allardyce is interested here. Let's get him first!
A New Hope

Post by A New Hope »

http://www.footballdatabase.com/site/pl ... Player=987

Very impressive scoring record!!! 16 goals in his last 2 seasons in La Liga.
noble art

Post by noble art »

A New Hope wrote:http://www.footballdatabase.com/site/pl ... Player=987

Very impressive scoring record!!! 16 goals in his last 2 seasons in La Liga.
we need that from at least 2 of our midfield players imo(8 goals next season) to stand a good chance of staying up
Dezire2fly

Post by Dezire2fly »

sounds very promising - hope we do get him
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

All we would need is the return of Big Fat John and watch the fireworks fly on the training pitch!

When he swung at Berkovic I swear it was the first time he'd ever connected so sweetly with his left foot...
The Bob

Post by The Bob »

At the risk of sounding like HHLH, I rate this geezer and think he would be a good signing.

Seen him play v Ireland in the WC qualifiers and also saw bits of him in la Liga last couple of seasons.
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Never heard of the bloke but from what ive read he sounds quality. For a midfielder 16 goals in two seasons in La Liga is very impressive. Dont know the exact numbers but would be suprised if the likes of Figo, Beckham or Zidane did much better than that. :shock:

From midfield, goals are one thing but assists are another and if he 'clicks' with the team his assists could prove priceless.

If we get him for £2.5m IMO that would mean no deal for Euell but i beleive that Holland and Yossi would be a great double midfield signing for a club in our position. Skill and graft.