Yossi Benayoun

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

BenayounAce

Post by BenayounAce »

MCL wrote:Benayoun Ace - you still can't compare Eyal to Yossi, Berkovic at his best on of the best playmakers in the world, only his big mouth stopped him from reaching the elite clubs in Europe. Benayoun doesn't posses his vision, almost nobody does.

daniel - Katan is never good enough for EPL, maybe for the championship, one of the most over rated players in Israel, his "breaking season" lasts from 99 isn't it?

so.. did we break the pages record already?
You might be right. As far as vision for setting up goals maybe Eyal is better than Yossi...
And you are right as well when you say Eyal is a great playmaker. That's another difference, Berkovic is a playmaker whereas Benayoun is more of an Attacking Midfielder.
Nevertheless, I take great pleasure at watching Benayoun play (especially Benayoun score). If you've seen the movie that this guy, Nemesh, made, you'd see that after each goal (Maccabi Haifa, Santander, Israel) the most repeated combination of words is: "No words... no words..."
That quite sums it up.
Once again: Eyal is great and since he played in WH I was always a fond of it, but Benayoun is something else.

As for Katan, I think he could be a great player, if he would be smart enough to leave Maccabi Haifa already and set for England.
I think he might do well in the premiership. He's big and strong, and has a great leg (both for setting up goals and for scoring them).
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

nanamoon wrote: What?? he can play in goal as well? jeez this must be the best value player ever, does pards know? means we no longer need keeper backup in my book. :)
This has to be the most hysterical thread ever! :lol: I can't stop laughing! :lol:
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1316 likes
Total likes: 772 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

He sounds like a useful player, and certainly the type we need for that position. What none of us know is whether his temperament and attitude are right. Daniel says he's a good lad, but someone else mentioned a repuattion for whining. I raised an eyebrow at the comment about "building a team around him" because I believe that the team spirit that has built over the last year will be a big factor in our season. To be honest, it sounds like the agent is putting a lot of this stuff to the press. I think AP knows the dangers of oversized egos in the dressing room, and had met the bloke and decided he's okay.
nanamoon

Post by nanamoon »

Korea Hammer wrote:He sounds like a useful player, and certainly the type we need for that position. What none of us know is whether his temperament and attitude are right. Daniel says he's a good lad, but someone else mentioned a repuattion for whining. I raised an eyebrow at the comment about "building a team around him" because I believe that the team spirit that has built over the last year will be a big factor in our season. To be honest, it sounds like the agent is putting a lot of this stuff to the press. I think AP knows the dangers of oversized egos in the dressing room, and had met the bloke and decided he's okay.
it was me that mentioned the whining, but have been assured by daniel that this isnt true and he is a team player. As for building the team round him, I would take all that with a large pinch of salt, after all the team is already there and the players in place. I would guess that the biggest problem would be where to fit him into the team, and again I would guess it would be just behind the front two. My other concern is if we can accomodate two players such as Yossi and Etherington in the same team, am not sure about the new guy but it looks like he is not the best at tackling back -and neither is Ethers, I can see that being a problem .t
MCL

Post by MCL »

Forget about the whining, there were couple of incidents but that was when he was 20 and was in a big fight with the manager, since he left Haifa to Spain, he is model professional.
PATISH

Post by PATISH »

Hi all
My name is Moti, 34 Yrs Old, Israeli that lives in the states for 20 years
I eat, drink, and **** football, I also tell it "the way it is",
I have been a Liverpool fan(EPL wise) all my life, mainly because of Kenny Dalglish(yes i'm an old fu*k), and later because of the fans, having said that I was following step by step the developments of yossi "the kid" and just like every other israeli was anxious to know where he will play next season.
I have finally found this forum(O/S is NOT user friendly at all) at 2 PM, it is 10:22 PM here in New York, that is right lads I read about 60 pages straight, I wanted to get to know you the fans the heartbeat of the team, I must say that I am extremely impressed by you, you are all great fans, some had me laughing my ass off, and some showed great knowledge and passion to the game and team,
This is my realistic view of the "kid", Yossi right now is a B+ player with a potential of becoming an A- ( Ronaldinho beeing an A player) player, when he is on top of his game he is amazing and unforgetable, he does have tendencies to disappear from time to time and this is where you guys(should) come in, you must push him in a positive way to maintain high quality football, because he can, I also hope that coach AP is skilfull enough to get the most out of him, the Diamond is not fully polished yet,
He is definitely the type of player that once he gets the ball there is tension in the air, you can feel the defenders growing nervous, he will get fouled a LOT and he is not a great free kick player that you been told he is, he is good, not great(free kick wise), it is crucial for this team to sign a player that can take free kicks, also when he is guarded heavily it does free the other players and that is why he makes the players around him better,
over all it is a great signing for WHU, the club will make a lot of money while he plays, and a lot more when/if he will move on.
I am not sure you guys understand the impact, but come August 13 the streets in Israel will be empty, I guaranty a record opening day TV ratings, I can't wait.
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

WelKUMB PATISH. I'm staggered that you've read through 60 pages about Yossi and managed it in about 8 hours! It's a great first post, stick around. :D
PATISH

Post by PATISH »

York Ham(mer) wrote:WelKUMB PATISH. I'm staggered that you've read through 60 pages about Yossi and managed it in about 8 hours! It's a great first post, stick around. :D
I plan to(I am aware of the fact that i am a football freak),
I think we should make a pact, lets not talk politics, lets stick to football, what do you say lads?
I hate when politics and sports get mixed up together, and I have a amsll request teach us all the stuff we need to know about the team from a fan point of view, like who is a our biggest rivals(Spurs?) , songs, traditions etc......
i am game 8-)
Lost_in_Japan

Post by Lost_in_Japan »

Agreed politics has nothing to do with the greatest game on earth.
Caribiron
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Caribiron »

Welkumb to the forum Patish and the agony and ecstacy that is WHU.

Rest assured there is a place on this forum for politcs. You'll find it if you wish on the index - the public galery and not in the gd..

Thanks for your input, a reasoned assesment it would appear. As you've probably gathered this is a huge season for us and hopefully Benayoun will be a major part of it.

Pleasure to have you onboard.

There's nothing wrong with being an old f*** by the way and 34 is not old.

Shame about the scouser thing though.

:wink:
PATISH

Post by PATISH »

Caribiron wrote:Welkumb to the forum Patish and the agony and ecstacy that is WHU.

Rest assured there is a place on this forum for politcs. You'll find it if you wish on the index - the public galery and not in the gd..

Thanks for your input, a reasoned assesment it would appear. As you've probably gathered this is a huge season for us and hopefully Benayoun will be a major part of it.

Pleasure to have you onboard.

There's nothing wrong with being an old f*ck by the way

:wink:
There is no ecstacy without the taste of agony, a sign of true fans.
Thank you lads for your acceptance, would love to be a part of the forum :wink:
nanamoon

Post by nanamoon »

PATISH wrote:Hi all
My name is Moti, 34 Yrs Old, Israeli that lives in the states for 20 years
I eat, drink, and sh*t football, I also tell it "the way it is",
I have been a Liverpool fan(EPL wise) all my life, mainly because of Kenny Dalglish(yes i'm an old fu*k), and later because of the fans, having said that I was following step by step the developments of yossi "the kid" and just like every other israeli was anxious to know where he will play next season.
I have finally found this forum(O/S is NOT user friendly at all) at 2 PM, it is 10:22 PM here in New York, that is right lads I read about 60 pages straight, I wanted to get to know you the fans the heartbeat of the team, I must say that I am extremely impressed by you, you are all great fans, some had me laughing my ass off, and some showed great knowledge and passion to the game and team,
This is my realistic view of the "kid", Yossi right now is a B+ player with a potential of becoming an A- ( Ronaldinho beeing an A player) player, when he is on top of his game he is amazing and unforgetable, he does have tendencies to disappear from time to time and this is where you guys(should) come in, you must push him in a positive way to maintain high quality football, because he can, I also hope that coach AP is skilfull enough to get the most out of him, the Diamond is not fully polished yet,
He is definitely the type of player that once he gets the ball there is tension in the air, you can feel the defenders growing nervous, he will get fouled a LOT and he is not a great free kick player that you been told he is, he is good, not great(free kick wise), it is crucial for this team to sign a player that can take free kicks, also when he is guarded heavily it does free the other players and that is why he makes the players around him better,
over all it is a great signing for WHU, the club will make a lot of money while he plays, and a lot more when/if he will move on.
I am not sure you guys understand the impact, but come August 13 the streets in Israel will be empty, I guaranty a record opening day TV ratings, I can't wait.
Oh well seems like he will fit in well then :D

WellKumb Patish to our club and forum.....
Repeat after me please (its an initiation ceremony),...
You can stick ya ****ing scousers up ya arse,
You can stick ya ****ing scousers, stick ya ****ing scousers
Stick ya ****ing scousers up ya arse..... sideways. :oops:
Last edited by nanamoon on Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
jevs
Has liked: 473 likes
Total likes: 293 likes

Post by jevs »

So who's this Yossi bloke we've signed ???.....any info on him ???
nanamoon

Post by nanamoon »

jevs wrote:So who's this Yossi bloke we've signed ???.....any info on him ???
Please dont, the new chaps will think you are being serious, standby for another 15 pages of facts, figures and video clips from the Israel Hammers Kumb members forum(est. July 2005).
PATISH

Post by PATISH »

nanamoon wrote: Oh well seems like he will fit in well then :D

WellKumb Patish to our club and forum.....
Repeat after me please (its an initiation ceremony),...
You can stick ya ****ing scousers, stick ya ****ing scousers
Stick ya ****ing scousers up ya arse..... sideways. :oops:

Is the highlighted words the only words you read?
" I also tell it "the way it is",
Last edited by PATISH on Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCL

Post by MCL »

Yossi Benayoun to one of the National Newspapers in Israel:

"It's a new challeng for me. I've decided to change my directions, the Spanish League is really great but I've already been there and I've seen it all. That's why I'm looking for a new challenge and the English League is the best for me. I'm very excited, I can't wait to the players' presentation ceremony and receiving a West Ham shirt. I'm already counting the hours to the team's return from Sweden and I think my first practise with the team would be on Tuesday.

It was a hard decision, I had 3 more offers from the Spanish League but I decided that I'm giving up on them. I've also had a couple more offers from the English League but I decided to concentrate on Bolton and West Ham so the rest didn't matter. Both of the teams gave me the feeling that they want me a lot so it was a difficult decision for me to make."

Eyal Berkovic was a major factor in this decision. Eyal practically pushed me into the team. He told me that West Ham is the best team for me. He was very honest and that gave me the courage and confidence to make up my mind. I also consulted my agents Ronen Katsav and Pini Zahavi that know a lot about the English League. And of course, the most common call I made to my wife, Mirit. I don't make any big steps like that without her. She simply told me the name "West Ham" from London."

Yossi also made it known that the offer from Bolton was 10% higher but he chose West Ham because of the club's ambitions and it's attacking and attractive style of playing. He also understood that Alan Pardew promised him that he'll lead the midfield of the club like Berkovic at his time.

"Alan Pardew made me sure that West Ham is the right club for me. We had a long talk and he made it clear for me where am I arriving. When he showed me the stadium and the club I began feeling a part of West Ham. Sure, part of me was for playing in Bolton, but when I made up my mind they didn't matter to me anymore. I know they wanted me, and I have nothing against that sympathic team. Pardew told me that with my help West Ham will be a strong team and that the fans already comparing me to Eyal Berkovic. I have a lot of confidence and peace of mind now, my "mission of arrival to West Ham" would be completed in the next days."
PATISH

Post by PATISH »

Eyal Berkovic was a major factor in this decision. Eyal practically pushed me into the team. He told me that West Ham is the best team for me. He was very honest and that gave me the courage and confidence to make up my mind. I also consulted my agents Ronen Katsav and Pini Zahavi that know a lot about the English League. And of course, the most common call I made to my wife, Mirit. I don't make any big steps like that without her. She simply told me the name "West Ham" from London."

Eyal knows that the biggest mistake he made was joining the Celtic side in his prime,
His career went down hill almost immediately.
MCL

Post by MCL »

the decision itself wasn't bad, he had a great start, but then he said those thing about Rangers, and then Martin O'neiil came and the guy didn't like Eyal at all..
PATISH

Post by PATISH »

MCL wrote:the decision itself wasn't bad, he had a great start, but then he said those thing about Rangers, and then Martin O'neiil came and the guy didn't like Eyal at all..
He was not right for that team, from day one.
Was doing great at WHU though.
nanamoon

Post by nanamoon »

PATISH wrote:
Is the highlighted words the only words you read?
" I also tell it "the way it is",
yes they were, havent you worked out that us West ham supporters are eternal pessimists, is true about the free kicks tho, we have nobody, and havent for years, also got nobody who can score from outside the box.
oh dear, you still havent sung the song tho :D