MSI/Joorabchian takeover bid

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Would you welcome a takeover by this Iranian in the news today?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:39 pm

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 289

big gus

Post by big gus »

Aye. But he also said: 'I think about the implications when alone between the sheets...'

:?
Gabers218

Post by Gabers218 »

big gus wrote:Aye. But he also said: 'I think about the implications when alone between the sheets...'

:?
Here's your headline for Sunday then - Kia bangs one out over Pardew :?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

hessa wrote:apparently he is also keen on buying players he wants rather than his manager wants and also is not averse to frequently going into the dressing room before games and at half time and intefering. Doesn't really sound like the sort of bloke we want in charge, does it?
Well I guess that rather depends on what players he's buying ... another Tevez and Mascherano and I'd allow him the odd rant!
Di Wolfio
The Daily Llama
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Di Wolfio »

Up the Junction wrote: Welsh: absolutely.

As Sydney Youngblood so memorably said - all we can do, is sit and wait ...
Sidney Youngblood, trying to remember the tune, but for the life of me can't.

If only I could.

:D
hessa
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by hessa »

Apologies if this has been posted previously, but here is the article from this Sundays Telegraph. Fair point UTJ, though im not entirely convinced regards chairmen choosing transfer targets.

Kia Joorabchian had been enjoying a low profile in Brazil for the first time since Media Sports Investment, the company he fronts who are interested in buying West Ham, signed an agreement to take over ownership of Corinthians, the Brazilian league leaders, just over a year ago.

But news of the possible bid for West Ham has propelled the 34-year-old Iranian businessman back into the headlines in Brazil and upset Corinthians' octogenarian president Alberto Dualib, who was furious that he first learnt about MSI's interest in West Ham through the media.

The fiercest of Joorabchian's critics also took the opportunity to have another go at him, board member Antonio Roque Citadini saying: "He is using Corinthians to present himself as a Mr Football abroad." Daily paper Jornal da Tarde, summing up the opposition in Brazil to Joorabchian's proposed £100 million bid for the Hammers, asked: "How can a small club like West Ham be worth six times as much as the biggest club in Brazil?"

Joorabchian seems to have timed his move well as West Ham might be more impressed by him because of Corinthians' elevated league position which will be strengthened if they beat third-placed Goias tonight. But with the Brazilian season approaching the halfway point, there is plenty of time for that situation to change - especially if the last six months are anything to go by.

Corinthians prepared for the new season with a series of big-money signings including Argentina forward Carlos Tevez for a record £11 million and Carlos Alberto, who scored for Porto in their 2004 Champions League final win.

But three games into the season, the title seemed a remote possibility. After Corinthians lost 5-1 at home to Sao Paulo in March, in a game that had to be stopped five times as disgruntled fans ran on to the pitch, Joorabchian burst into the dressing-room and laid into coach Tite and the players. "The dressing-room is a sacred place and is not where the club hierarchy should do their business," said Tite, who was sacked a week later. "Kia brought me players I didn't want - that's why there was an incompatibility between us."

"Kia doesn't know anything about football," one player told Brazilian paper Lance. But his hands-on role in recruitment upset the club's next coach, Daniel Passarella. The former Argentina national coach lasted 15 games before he was similarly dismissed, two days after criticising Joorabchian's purchase of Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano from River Plate for £8 million. Passarella claims Corinthians still owe him £660,000 and the case comes to trial next week.

The new coach is former Corinthians player Marcio Bittencourt, a man-manager who has united the squad and convinced Tevez to stay despite the forward's two fist-fights with team-mates in training. "Kia is always supportive and takes an interest in us," said

Bittencourt, who is unlikely to change his tune as long as he wants to stay in the job.
MP

Post by MP »

Di Wolfio wrote: Sidney Youngblood, trying to remember the tune, but for the life of me can't.

If only I could.

:D
Very good :D
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

hessa wrote:Apologies if this has been posted previously, but here is the article from this Sundays Telegraph. Fair point UTJ, though im not entirely convinced regards chairmen choosing transfer targets.
I'm not too keen on the idea either mate - but then again the article could be a load of cobblers.
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

I read a few days ago that if Kia Joorabchian gets WHU, his first act will be to sack Alan Pardew and bring in John Gregory. :shock: Reason enough to be against this takeover imo!!
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

bollox for a start. If he got rid of AP he would get a big name in not a never has been like Gregory.
kaybee15

Post by kaybee15 »

York Ham(mer) wrote:I read a few days ago that if Kia Joorabchian gets WHU, his first act will be to sack Alan Pardew and bring in John Gregory. :shock: Reason enough to be against this takeover imo!!
As is Graeme Souness' almost inevitable availability in the near future... :shock:
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Trap1 wrote:
Corinthians have some proof - there is a few million of it running around on their pitch.

A damn fine second hand car dealer if you ask me.
Do you know where he got his money from for Corinthians?

Also if he has money in them how is he going to get another £200M for us then?
mattcox10

Post by mattcox10 »

York Ham(mer) wrote:I read a few days ago that if Kia Joorabchian gets WHU, his first act will be to sack Alan Pardew and bring in John Gregory. :shock: Reason enough to be against this takeover imo!!
And you read this where?
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

As I was at my Mum's at the time, it would be either the Daily Mail :oops: or the Sunday Express :oops: :oops: .

P.S. Here's a snippet for you, from http://www.milenio.com.br/milenio/notic ... ?Cod=13514.
Ontem, Kia contratou o ex-manager do Aston Villa, John Gregory, para ser consultor internacional da MSI na Europa. Daniel Passarella - que ainda não acertou - exerceria o cargo na América Latina.
Need help translating it?
Gabers218

Post by Gabers218 »

York Ham(mer) wrote:As I was at my Mum's at the time, it would be either the Daily Mail :oops: or the Sunday Express :oops: :oops: .

P.S. Here's a snippet for you, from http://www.milenio.com.br/milenio/notic ... ?Cod=13514.
Need help translating it?
Whats the language? Portugese?? yes it is

Here is the rough translation - Yesterday, Kia hired the ex-manager of the Aston Villa, John Gregory, for be international consultant of the MSI in the Europe. Daniel Passarella - that still did not set right - would exercise the charge in the America Latin.
100%WHU

Post by 100%WHU »

I heard Tom Watt talking about the media company and he said that John Gregory was involved with them in a working capacity. So I guess it makes sense that this could happen. Not that I want Pardew sacked at all :(
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Ozza »

no way I want that arrogant twat gregory in charge of this club, the blokes a complete useless ****!!

f*** off gregory!!!!!
Corney Beal

Post by Corney Beal »

Didn't Gregory get sacked from Villa amid rumours of dodgy dealings and back handers/money missing regarding the signing of South American players?
Gabers218

Post by Gabers218 »

Corney Beal wrote:Didn't Gregory get sacked from Villa amid rumours of dodgy dealings and back handers/money missing regarding the signing of South American players?
Yeah well there was a rumour with the Angel transfer............. the plot thickens! :?
Trap1
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by Trap1 »

Gabers218 wrote: Yeah well there was a rumour with the Angel transfer............. the plot thickens! :?
Gregory left Villa because of problems he had with Ellis. He was sacked by Derby County because of allegations made against him by the club. I don't think these were ever proven or made public. This happened at a time when Derby were in a lot of financial strife, apparently Gregory once had to pay the club's hotel bill after one away trip out of his own pocket!
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Things have gone very quiet ... no news is good news?