World Cup 2006 - travel

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

jamesie

Post by jamesie »

cheers fella, are these the official ones? they seem like a bit of a pain in the arse to me
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

The new German winger Schweinsteiger (sp?) scares the crap out of me. We can beat Germany but it is in both country's interests to avoid each other. If Germany cock up their group then they deserve to get beat by us.
knutknacker

Post by knutknacker »

jamesie wrote:
cheers fella, are these the official ones? they seem like a bit of a pain in the arse to me
you can have a look here. nothing official, but more choice. possibly:

http://www.theworldcupingermany.com/art ... _190.shtml
hawkins_hammer wrote:The new German winger Schweinsteiger (sp?) scares the crap out of me. We can beat Germany but it is in both country's interests to avoid each other. If Germany cock up their group then they deserve to get beat by us.
pig climber scares the willies out of me, too. he is really no looker. overrated though: good but not as brilliant as everyone makes out, he will improve but falls into the "one for the future" category.

personally, i would like to see england pitted against germany as soon as possible. as long as england keep going at them (ie, not going 1-0 up and trying to sit on it for the rest of the game) we can absolutely destroy them again. :wink: give ballcock a good hard early challenge and the game is won.
jamesie

Post by jamesie »

knutknacker wrote: you can have a look here. nothing official, but more choice. possibly:

thanks lads, great help!
chevy

Post by chevy »

hawkins_hammer wrote:The new German winger Schweinsteiger (sp?) scares the crap out of me. We can beat Germany but it is in both country's interests to avoid each other. If Germany cock up their group then they deserve to get beat by us.
pig climber scares the willies out of me, too. he is really no looker. overrated though: good but not as brilliant as everyone makes out, he will improve but falls into the "one for the future" category.

personally, i would like to see england pitted against germany as soon as possible. as long as england keep going at them (ie, not going 1-0 up and trying to sit on it for the rest of the game) we can absolutely destroy them again. :wink: give ballcock a good hard early challenge and the game is won.[/quote]

i would rather play poland than germany.... but neither of them scares me...

all we need is a bit of luck and avoid penalty shoot outs... and hope brazil get knocked out early and the world cup will be coming back with 'romford tours inc TM'
knutknacker

Post by knutknacker »

out of interest, if anyone has any problems with german language, beauracracy, etc, etc, when attempting to get information, bookings, and so on, feel free to pm me. :wink:

i'll get mrs knacker on the case. :D
Jon Boy

Post by Jon Boy »

chevy wrote: pig climber scares the willies out of me, too. he is really no looker. overrated though: good but not as brilliant as everyone makes out, he will improve but falls into the "one for the future" category.

personally, i would like to see england pitted against germany as soon as possible. as long as england keep going at them (ie, not going 1-0 up and trying to sit on it for the rest of the game) we can absolutely destroy them again. :wink: give ballcock a good hard early challenge and the game is won.
i would rather play poland than germany.... but neither of them scares me...

all we need is a bit of luck and avoid penalty shoot outs... and hope brazil get knocked out early and the world cup will be coming back with 'romford tours inc TM'[/quote]

normally got no problem playing the germany, but being at home in a tourno makes such a difference....no one will fancy playin germany cos of that.....then again, saying that...they are sh*t... :roll:
BML156

Post by BML156 »

We have a 7 seater VW van with working loo, sink, cooker etc. Its old but should do the job. We are travelling over by Ferry, return trip works out at £36.20 each. Coming through Holland as we plan to go to Cologne for the Sweden game then drive down to Stuttgart or Munich for the last 16 (if we get through).

Plan is to get tickets on the black market or just soak up ther atmosphere in a bar.

I have looked on the net but cant find anything with regards to where we can park up and stay - any ideas?

Also if anyone has any spare tickets for any of the group games or last sixteen involving England please pm me. I dont care if you make money on the tickets I'm willing to pay over the odds when I get there so why not let a fellow Hammer make some dough too.
knutknacker

Post by knutknacker »

BML156 wrote:We have a 7 seater VW van..

I have looked on the net but cant find anything with regards to where we can park up and stay - any ideas?
bml, i must double check, but my understanding is that, in germany, campervans can just be parked up in any layby at any time and used. ie, you don't need to find a camping site (although above link is well worth a gander). this was definitely the case five years ago and i imagine it is still so today. will have a look and report back.

Countryboy

Post by Countryboy »

Romford wrote: With the players we have i can see where you are coming from....I always think that English players can't adapt well to new formations.
Not so sure about England players being unable to adapt.

They seemed to do it okay at Italia 90. Robson went 3-5-2 there ... and we all know what happened next.

If you've got a squad with a ton of really good central defenders, two excellent attacking full-backs and a lack of quality on the wings, it seems an obvious way to go.

Speaking of central defenders .. does anyone else on here reckon Sol Campbell has completely gone and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the plane to Germany?
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

Do you think its impossible to get tickets? I got some for Portugal but this is harder
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

I agree Sol is going to struggle to take his place. It should go to King.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Marky wrote:Do you think its impossible to get tickets? I got some for Portugal but this is harder
You'll get them...but they'll cost
chevy

Post by chevy »

Romford wrote: You'll get them...but they'll cost
thats why i am so glad you have included them as part of 'romford tours inc TM ' package tour to heidleberg :wink:
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

Romford wrote: You'll get them...but they'll cost
I have found it quite hard ie lots of unauthorised types who you give money but dont get a 100% gurantee I was also concerned about this names on tickets business.
Really apreciate any advice. PM me if thats easier. Thanks
BML156

Post by BML156 »

I think the tickets thing is a scare tactic to stop thousands of fans travelling over
ticketless. I went to Japan and Portugal without tickets and got them easy, at a price of course. In Portugal our tickets were not checked at all as they just wanted to get people through the turnstiles. We even met one guy who used his ticket stub from the previous group game to get in the ground and it worked!!!!

However if your travelling without tickets and you get one and I dont Ill hunt you down :twisted:
BML156

Post by BML156 »

Also I have a question with regards to Ferry crossing by motorhome.
We are going to Koln in Germany and think it might be best to go via Holland or Belgium but the only ferry crossing I can see is from Hull to Zebrugge or Harwich to Hook in Holland. Anyone else know of any other (cheap) routes?

Starting to get the ball rolling but so much to plan.
4everahammer

Post by 4everahammer »

Anyone watching itv news now? re:tickets.You should do.
chevy

Post by chevy »

4everahammer wrote:Anyone watching itv news now? re:tickets.You should do.
what was said ???
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

BML156 wrote:Also I have a question with regards to Ferry crossing by motorhome.
We are going to Koln in Germany and think it might be best to go via Holland or Belgium but the only ferry crossing I can see is from Hull to Zebrugge or Harwich to Hook in Holland. Anyone else know of any other (cheap) routes?

Starting to get the ball rolling but so much to plan.
Ramsgate-Ostend

http://www.transeuropaferries.co.uk/

Dover- Dunkirk

http://travel.norfolkline.com/Default.asp