FAC6: Manchester City 1 West Ham Utd 2 (20/03/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

Saw last night what we missed Saturday................the yearning and will to win!

Harewood and Ashton were superb with their movement, Matty ran them ragged on the left, NRC awesome in the middle and Konch had one of his better recent games.

Two cracking goals, loud, loud support what more could we want!
nzhammer

Post by nzhammer »

just watch game. awsome you hammers :D
Los Martillos
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Los Martillos »

:doff:

To all those who made the long trip on a cold Monday night.

You all did us proud.
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

We've got our West Ham back!!!!

I thought that the runner up of the cup (elementary as we'll wim I know) went through to the UEFA if the winners are in the Champs League. It was changed though as it was possible to lose in the semi and get into Europe.

Claretandblue army I feel sorry for you as you couldn't celebrate Ashton's goals, unless of course you've changed your mind about him now??
stumcfc

Post by stumcfc »

Right, lets get this over with.......!!

I'm not going to say much because i'm thoroughly pi$$ed off with our putrid, tepid, disgusting, spineless "performance" last night, but thats for me to moan about on the City boards (and believe me, there are alot of disgruntled blues out there today).

Well done on last night, you did what you needed to do against us. Thought the sending off was harsh. I wanted sun off the pitch but not like that!

Seriously hope you get a good draw in the semi's and then take the UEFA place in the final , win or lose.

Hammers fans were superb last night, although there were a few knobs on both sides who boiled over in the concourses after the game.

Good luck.
SL

Post by SL »

Well played West Ham, well played Pards and well played to all our travelling fans.

I thought Collins and Reo-Coker were excellent. Yossi gave his best performance for a long time and Ashtons goal was superb.

It was a scrappy game but im personally chuffed with the character that weve shown and the way that we have dug in and got results against a tough Bolton team and away to Man City.

Fingers crossed we get the winner of the Charlton v Boro tie, unless Newcastle or Birmingham can cause an upset of course.
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt
Has liked: 1 like

Post by bluebutterfly »

Fantastic result.
Shows Alan knew what he was doing on Saturday.

Oh and I got the prediction right again.
Whats the betting we will get Chelsea next :(
Joe C
Darth Lemsip

Post by Joe C »

Winner of Boro/Charlton next, Liverpool in the final

True story
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

ahha

Post by w4hammer »

Sterling wrote:We've got our West Ham back!!!!

I thought that the runner up of the cup (elementary as we'll wim I know) went through to the UEFA if the winners are in the Champs League. It was chan!!ged though as it was possible to lose in the semi and get into Europe.

Claretandblue army I feel sorry for you as you couldn't celebrate Ashton's goals, unless of course you've changed your mind about him now??
what he said - those goals earnt us a 500k last night alone....
pdbis
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

FA

Post by pdbis »

I think it is odds on we will face either Chelsea or Liverpool as the FA want a Chelsea/Liverpool final.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 754 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Thanks for the comments stumfc, and commiserations on last night.

Think you're a bit harsh on your own team's performance though - it was far from spineless! I thought you looked a very good, open side, and yes, sending off was also harsh.

Good luck for the rest of the season!
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

stumcfc wrote:Right, lets get this over with.......!!

I'm not going to say much because i'm thoroughly pi$$ed off with our putrid, tepid, disgusting, spineless "performance" last night, but thats for me to moan about on the City boards (and believe me, there are alot of disgruntled blues out there today).

Well done on last night, you did what you needed to do against us. Thought the sending off was harsh. I wanted sun off the pitch but not like that!

Seriously hope you get a good draw in the semi's and then take the UEFA place in the final , win or lose.

Hammers fans were superb last night, although there were a few knobs on both sides who boiled over in the concourses after the game.

Good luck.

cheers stumcfc

think you missed having the greek bloke, as up front you caused very little which helped us especially the first half when our biggest job on the pitch was to quiten your fans, who were excellent, as good a home atmosphere as i've seen if its any consolation
stumcfc

Post by stumcfc »

steveyrockstar wrote:Thanks for the comments stumfc, and commiserations on last night.

Think you're a bit harsh on your own team's performance though - it was far from spineless! I thought you looked a very good, open side, and yes, sending off was also harsh.

Good luck for the rest of the season!
Maybe its the disappointment, but from what i saw we didnt turn up until 10 mins to go, by which time it was too late.

You cant ask for more than a q/f at home against a team of similar ability in terms of results etc. The only players who came out with any credit our side last night were Dunne, Richards and Riera.

Some of Pearces decisions last night baffled us. Why play Sun as a winger when we have croft on the bench who is a natual winger? When Jordan went off, surely you put Sun to left back (where he's played most of his football) and bring Croft on? No, lets bring a centre half on and play him at left back. Stupid.

Anyway, whats done is done. We can concentrate on the league now... :lol: Suppose we'll have to settle for a league double over you!
Joe C
Darth Lemsip

Post by Joe C »

Was very impressed by that Riera. Is he on loan, or do you own him?
stumcfc

Post by stumcfc »

Joe C wrote:Was very impressed by that Riera. Is he on loan, or do you own him?
He's on loan from Espanyol til the end of the season, but we've got a 3m option on him. He's getting better with every game as his fitness level improves. Think he'll be here either on another years loan or permanently next year.
yabush

Post by yabush »

Interesting
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt

Post by bluebutterfly »

That photo shows how much the FA cup means to the team
Joe C
Darth Lemsip

Post by Joe C »

Or how much they love a good bundle
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1143 likes
Total likes: 893 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Metal Hammer wrote: Hmmm, Ashton Old Road and Ashton New Road. An omen for a couple of goals from the man with any luck ;)

Wow!!!! :lol:
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt

Post by bluebutterfly »

Joe C wrote:Or how much they love a good bundle
:lol: