✍ Welcome Tomas Soucek

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

arlhe
Has liked: 241 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Re: Welcome Tomas Soucek

Post by arlhe »

Some people are only happy when they can slag off West Ham players.

Messi makes the occasional error. Here he'd be hung out to dry.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4276 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

If we scout and judge this Rapid Vienna side to be nothing special in the middle of the park, I’d give Soucek a break and give Kral a go.

He’s looking knackered already. The movement of Leeds caused him problems and I’d say their style of football was the biggest problem for him today, but it is also apparent that he’s struggling a bit physically. Played a lot of football over the last 18 months.

He’s still a massive player for us, but what I’ve mentioned above, combined perhaps with Dec marauding forward more, has led to a few struggles for Big Tom.
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1330 likes
Total likes: 797 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

Showed good character today.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 332 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:03 pm If we scout and judge this Rapid Vienna side to be nothing special in the middle of the park, I’d give Soucek a break and give Kral a go.

He’s looking knackered already. The movement of Leeds caused him problems and I’d say their style of football was the biggest problem for him today, but it is also apparent that he’s struggling a bit physically. Played a lot of football over the last 18 months.

He’s still a massive player for us, but what I’ve mentioned above, combined perhaps with Dec marauding forward more, has led to a few struggles for Big Tom.
Rapid have won just two of their 8 league games this season. I agree, it should be a chance to rest him again.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2083 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Korea Hammer wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:38 pm Showed good character today.
Indeed. Played very well second half and put things right.
Scratchy
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Scratchy »

PF. wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:59 pm “Incredibly limited footballer”

:lol:
From a technique point of view, he is. What he has in his favour is a good engine, work ethic and an ability to be in the right place at the right time. But his limitations on the ball are there. I'm not slagging him off, he is what he is and he's been useful.
Diogenes
Has liked: 479 likes
Total likes: 1200 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Korea Hammer wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:38 pm Showed good character today.
:newthumb:
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

Scratchy wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:18 pm From a technique point of view, he is. What he has in his favour is a good engine, work ethic and an ability to be in the right place at the right time. But his limitations on the ball are there. I'm not slagging him off, he is what he is and he's been useful.
You’ve called him an incredibly limited footballer - at half time, after his mistake.

You’re now back tracking by saying he isn’t great technically. I actually don’t agree with this, but don’t try to squirm your way out of your knee jerk post by trying to limit your original comments.

Take it on the chin and fess up you dropped a bollock. :newthumb:
DM
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by DM »

Thought the whole team looked jaded in the 1st half. DM reorganised them for the 2nd half and Soucek looked more confident and composed in the 2nd. Still needs a rest though.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3025 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Of course not up to his usual standard but still does the ugly stuff well you don't see .

Certainly should be rested on Thursday
jastons
Has liked: 900 likes
Total likes: 858 likes

Post by jastons »

Obviously a clear foul by Antonio but Soucek showed quick reactions to score our 'first'. Shades of last season.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

El brooko79 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:16 pm Of course not up to his usual standard but still does the ugly stuff well you don't see .

Certainly should be rested on Thursday
I agree. We need him fit and firing. Give him the night off on Thursday.
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by stu1 »

I’d give him Thursday off and play Kral instead, the bloke needs a rest.

Having one mid week game off against Man U isn’t enough, especially when you look at our fixtures over the next couple of months.
Sarfas
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by Sarfas »

I’d go as far as not including him at all in the squad on Thursday. Moyes played a blinder in regards to squad rotation for the cup game at Old Trafford, omitting Souček, Rice and Antonio from the squad completely. I’m sure Král is more than capable of replacing Souček in his position and a game against Rapid Wien will probably be more up his street when he’s still trying to get to grips with a new footballing culture, etc.
Beedub
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Beedub »

A game of two halves.

Showed his character by having not letting his first half performance get the better of him playing very well in the second half

Is looking a big tired though, for mine Kral partners Rice mid week
neathiron
Has liked: 487 likes
Total likes: 337 likes

Post by neathiron »

Taken him out of my Fantasy Football team, I think I've jinxed him. Put Antonio in for the game he got sent off and ended up with him getting me minus points that weekend! Took him out after that one game and he goes and scores yesterday.
Expect Soucek to come good next week, you read it here 1st :wink:
Chadwell Chief
Has liked: 48 likes
Total likes: 29 likes

Post by Chadwell Chief »

Looks awful this season. Ran into the ground by club and country, neither of whom play any games without him.

Genuine question - is he playing at the moment based on last season? Because on current performances he should be dropped along with Fabianski and potentially Ogbonna.
smuts
Has liked: 1534 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by smuts »

Needs a break as he looks constantly knackered.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

He’s not been great this season so far. But I also think a lot of our supporters are overlooking Rice’s change of responsibility. Last season Rice was the one to sit more deeper and Soucek was the one to run forward more. This season Rice has been carrying the ball forward more. Thus Soucek arguably hasn’t been able to play to his strengths. As he hasn’t got the pace of Rice. Nor can he pass the ball better. Soucek is sitting deeper to cover for Rice, when he bombs forward.

If Moyes is going to continue letting Rice play this way then he needs to bring in someone like Kral. Or play the 5 at the back formation.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

smuts wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:51 pm Needs a break as he looks constantly knackered.
Agreed, played all of last season, then the Euros, back into this season, needs a rest for both form and fitness.