✍ Welcome, Jarrod Bowen

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Billi Bollox
Total likes: 8 likes

Re: Welcome, Jarrod Bowen

Post by Billi Bollox »

Sadly, if Bowen was a 3rd string player at any of the usual suspects he would have several caps by now. As an example, if he moved to Liverpool, he would be an England regular from day 1 after moving.

All that being said, i am actually quite glad some of our players aren't playing for the national side, as they get a decent rest and they don't get their heads turned.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Billi Bollox wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:20 pm Sadly, if Bowen was a 3rd string player at any of the usual suspects he would have several caps by now. As an example, if he moved to Liverpool, he would be an England regular from day 1 after moving.

All that being said, i am actually quite glad some of our players aren't playing for the national side, as they get a decent rest and they don't get their heads turned.
Good point.

I do wonder what Sancho is making of his career at the moment.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 839 likes

Post by mushy »

prophet:marginal wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:22 pm Good point.

I do wonder what Sancho is making of his career at the moment.
About £200k a week I should imagine.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

mushy wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:32 pm About £200k a week I should imagine.
The poor lad :nonpl:
IronRhino
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by IronRhino »

Bowen is such a key cog in this West Ham side. You always know what you are getting with him - 100% and he is increasingly influential on the outcome of games.

His work rate is phenomenal and his first thought is to go forward, always getting us on the front foot.

Crucially, he is also able to provide cover for Antonio and for me he is one a handful of our players who I hope and pray doesn't get injured. We would be a lesser team without him.
McKnightmare
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by McKnightmare »

This thread is well Jarrod.

Street talk context here:
MooresTheHero
Has liked: 1200 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by MooresTheHero »

I’m sure that the old bugger is looking at Ogbonna, but can’t spell his name :crest:
Estuary
Has liked: 275 likes
Total likes: 116 likes

Post by Estuary »

Albie Beck wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:45 am Mr Waistcoat doesn't seem to rate people who haven't come up through the age groups.
Yep, Antonio should have been capped by England and a fixture in the squad. Bowen should have made this squad.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

If Southgate doesn’t call up Jarrod, it’s his mistake to make. At least that’s another player they can’t injure, like they managed to with Rice last season.

Let Gareth Southgate keep picking his favourites. While our players can hopefully go on to do something England are incapable of doing. Winning trophies.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Great player and had another good game today. But my God he’s fast becoming a ‘nearly man’ isn’t he!? Shame, as I am one of his biggest fans on here. But his missed chances are going to keep costing us dear.

Be honest. Was anyone even remotely confident he was going to bury that chance in injury time?
bigcarpchaser
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by bigcarpchaser »

No
The lads a grafter but can’t finish to save his life.
He frustrates me as he’s a right tough nut, works his socks off, does it all then inevitably blasts it straight at the keeper when a delicate chip over would work wonders.
I really want him to bang in a couple as it would surely do his confidence the world of good.
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Looks lost right now, who is our attacking coach? He is not the only one who goes to **** when in the box.
Centre Half
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 309 likes

Post by Centre Half »

Our finishing isn’t great at all to be honest, Bowen is definitely one of the worst culprits though. Misses so many chances.

Fornals is another one who usually fluffs his lines in front of goal, granted however tonight that was a half chance and was unlucky.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

That flying header would have been the greatest goal since Jesus and god. Chill out. He’s cool. He will smash a load in soon.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

He is, or at least is performing, both statistically and by the eye test, as the worst finisher in the league and it’s a real shame because it’s holding him back from being a very, very good player.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

He used to score so many in the Championship. What happened to his finishing? He should have put away that rebound opportunity and it was poor he failed to even get the chance on target when the keeper was off his line.
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1143 likes

Post by Diogenes »

He was still one of our better players tonight and has been all season (and last).
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Post by Hamburger »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:16 am He is, or at least is performing, both statistically and by the eye test, as the worst finisher in the league and it’s a real shame because it’s holding him back from being a very, very good player.
Gave the ball away 18 times last night and lost more than half of his tackles. His stats have been abysmal all season (2 goals from 14 shots on target and 4 assists which were all corners) but because he ‘puts in a shift’ people seem to rate him. Not saying he’s bad but not saying he’s that good either.
Bilic'sLimp
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by Bilic'sLimp »

He has improved the team since the day he arrived.
NedN
Has liked: 132 likes
Total likes: 586 likes

Post by NedN »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:24 am He used to score so many in the Championship. What happened to his finishing? He should have put away that rebound opportunity and it was poor he failed to even get the chance on target when the keeper was off his line.
He’s having a tough spell in terms of finishing. So many have at a point in their career. Easy to forget he’s still early on in his.

For us it’s unfortunate that it’s coming at the same time as so many others in the team are struggling in this regard, but I’m confident his finishing will return.