✍ Welcome Vladimír Coufal

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Re: Vladimír Coufal signs

Post by goa127 »

S-H wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:32 pm I agree, although harsh on Johnson as he's done nothing wrong, we do miss Coufal's attacking threat.
It's certainly true that johnson has done nothing wrong, but coufal adds more to the overall team. Both Souchek and Bowen benefit from his presence.
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1316 likes
Total likes: 775 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

I wouldn't say that Johnson has done much wrong but his passing accuracy against Wolves was much lower than other players (around 50%, only Fornals close), and every time I watch him I notice the misplaced passes. His defending is good so it's a decision for Moyes, but I think Coufal makes the side better.
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Korea Hammer wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:30 pm I wouldn't say that Johnson has done much wrong but his passing accuracy against Wolves was much lower than other players (around 50%, only Fornals close), and every time I watch him I notice the misplaced passes. His defending is good so it's a decision for Moyes, but I think Coufal makes the side better.
One of the only areas where we have a true competition for places. :newthumb:
Turtlecharityracer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Turtlecharityracer »

Would like to see him back in the team.
Dip in form from last season, yes, but if he is to have any chance of gaining back his form of last season he needs to be in the starting team.
Also, Johnson needs to improve his distribution before being considered a regular.
Hopefully Coufal will face Man City.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

I don't think his form dipped.

Fluctuations in performance have a lot to do with the quality of the opposition.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

irving boleyn wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:44 am I don't think his form dipped.

Fluctuations in performance have a lot to do with the quality of the opposition.
Me neither, his form was fine it was that knee into his bollox from that manc **** Matic that injured him that cost him to miss games not form.

Coufal is missed down our right there is no doubt, he was one of the best right backs in the league last season and a major reason why we were so potent going forward linking with Soucek and Bowen.

For me it's harsh on Johnson but necessary to get Coufal back asap as the last few games it's all down the left and nothing on the right which makes it easier for teams to handle us,

Sooner he comes back the better imo
My_Sobriquet
Has liked: 89 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Post by My_Sobriquet »

Joint second in the assists charts last season for defenders tied with TAA and Robertson, how is he not a nailed on starter!?
Estuary
Has liked: 278 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by Estuary »

We miss Coufals directness, Johnson is more hesitant to run beyond the player he is supposed to be covering. Johnson hasnt done anything wrong at all but I think our style of counter attack misses Coufals charging runs forward.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

My_Sobriquet wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:45 pm Joint second in the assists charts last season for defenders tied with TAA and Robertson, how is he not a nailed on starter!?
And one assist in 12 this season, defo off the pace, his crossing was poor before his injury and the kid has done really well this season and has a premier league goal to his name.
Moyes has a policy of if you're in the shirt and you do well you keep it, we should all be happy with that.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

I’ve got no issue seeing a 5 at the back on Sunday with Coufal and Johnson occupying RCB and RWB.

Could be the perfect game to see if it works too.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

hammers92 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:33 pm I’ve got no issue seeing a 5 at the back on Sunday with Coufal and Johnson occupying RCB and RWB.

I still think Johnson’s best position would be RCB. An excellent defender but just not quite good enough on the ball for RB or RWB, at the moment anyway.
El brooko79
Has liked: 2962 likes
Total likes: 1975 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

hammers92 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:33 pm I’ve got no issue seeing a 5 at the back on Sunday with Coufal and Johnson occupying RCB and RWB.

Who LWB?
Shabu
Has liked: 4166 likes
Total likes: 2019 likes

Post by Shabu »

El brooko79 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:46 pm Who LWB?
I'm guessing it would be Johnson, Coufal, Zouma, Cresswell, Masuaku :eh:
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1193 likes

Post by ironilunga »

I want Coufal back in the side. Johnson deputised admirably but we need Vladimir in the side.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I'd like him back in too. He might not have had the assists this season compared to last, but defensively I don't think he's been any different to last season and I wouldn't have described him as being poor or out of form. I just think we look more comfortable when he's on the pitch.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

I’d expect Coufal to start tomorrow night. Although I don’t get the desperation from some to throw Coufal straight back into the starting 11 permanently. He wasn’t playing that great even before his injury. Not awful, but not great.

I am sure he’ll get his chance again and I am optimistic the Coufal from last season will return. But let’s equally not pretend we have missed anything significant during his absence. In Coufal’s Premier League games he chipped in with 1 assist in 7 Premier League starts and we conceded 9 goals. With 5 of those goals being conceded even after Zouma was introduced into the starting 11. In Johnson’s 5 Premier League starts he chipped in with 1 goal, with us conceding 4 goals. In arguably a much harder run-in too, with 3 of those games against 3 of the current top 7 teams. 1 against mid table Everton.
El brooko79
Has liked: 2962 likes
Total likes: 1975 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

I think Johnson may be needed to cover Cresswell for a few games in December so Vlad will get his chance to come back in, plus the 2 EL games.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

starts tomorrow . its a squad game and we have two good RBs now. plenty of games coming up so whoever is best cant play them all !

the other side is the worry because if cress gets injured or suspended we have no other Left back . masuaka isnt a one, johnson can play there but is limited as hes a RB and longello hasnt made an appearance yet !
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

funky chicken wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:30 am I’d expect Coufal to start tomorrow night. Although I don’t get the desperation from some to throw Coufal straight back into the starting 11 permanently. He wasn’t playing that great even before his injury. Not awful, but not great.

I am sure he’ll get his chance again and I am optimistic the Coufal from last season will return. But let’s equally not pretend we have missed anything significant during his absence. In Coufal’s Premier League games he chipped in with 1 assist in 7 Premier League starts and we conceded 9 goals. With 5 of those goals being conceded even after Zouma was introduced into the starting 11. In Johnson’s 5 Premier League starts he chipped in with 1 goal, with us conceding 4 goals. In arguably a much harder run-in too, with 3 of those games against 3 of the current top 7 teams. 1 against mid table Everton.
Correct :newthumb:
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

It's not just about assists.

His accurate passing out of defence, often first touch,to a player in space is what has been missed.