Issa Diop

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Re: Issa Diop

Post by fmgod »

Very solid again, bizarrely I think as we're getting big as a club we might get a stupid offer from somewhere like Tottenham etc used to get for backup players
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Caught out once or twice in the first 20 minutes. Otherwise another very solid showing from Issa. Who would’ve thought after the unconvincing performances from both he and Dawson towards the end of last season they’d all of a sudden look fine but together!? :o

For some odd reason I always thought - even under Pellegrini - that Diop seems to weirdly play better on the left of the centre halves. No idea why, but I think a lot of his best performances have been on that side.
Shabu
Has liked: 4191 likes
Total likes: 2054 likes

Post by Shabu »

Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Given that defensive partnerships are so important, especially that they can work together instinctively, the fact we are developing two:

.........Fab
Zouma .....Oggy

and

.......Areola
Dawson ...... Diop

means that Moysie can develop some real defensive solidity. Very un-West Ham :D
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

It’ll be good if Diop continues to play to his potential. As it’ll mean that’ll be one less position to worry over in the next few windows. Diop is still young for a centre half, Zouma is perfect peak age, Dawson is still early 30s and we have the experienced Ogbonna in his mid 30s.

If Diop didn’t start to up his game this season I was expecting Moyes to sell him at the end of the season and nab Tarkowski on a free. But now, why would we need to?

One thing we will have to do before the end of this season though is offer him a new contract. As he only has 1 year remaining after this season.

The crazy thing is before this season had started Ogbonna was arguably our best defender in the whole squad. At the moment he is arguably the most vulnerable now.
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 501 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

funky chicken wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:55 am It’ll be good if Diop continues to play to his potential. As it’ll mean that’ll be one less position to worry over in the next few windows. Diop is still young for a centre half, Zouma is perfect peak age, Dawson is still early 30s and we have the experienced Ogbonna in his mid 30s.

If Diop didn’t start to up his game this season I was expecting Moyes to sell him at the end of the season and nab Tarkowski on a free. But now, why would we need to?

One thing we will have to do before the end of this season though is offer him a new contract. As he only has 1 year remaining after this season.

The crazy thing is before this season had started Ogbonna was arguably our best defender in the whole squad. At the moment he is arguably the most vulnerable now.
Tarkowski can always still be considered as a replacement for Dawson or Ogbonna.

Issa has been fantastic. We have a decent set of CBs right now.
yakandyeti
Has liked: 437 likes
Total likes: 68 likes

Post by yakandyeti »

I see Tarkowski having the barcodes written all over him. He could be one of those transition players they overpay for, either in January or once his contract is up.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1086 likes
Total likes: 1397 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

I predicted at the start of the season that he'd end the season as being first choice with Zouma

The way he is playing I see no reason to change that view. The patience is paying off with him and Moyes team are turning him into the player we all thought he could be
jastons
Has liked: 902 likes
Total likes: 859 likes

Post by jastons »

Issa has been rated as the sexiest player in the Premier league

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... o-ronaldo/
devonshire flu
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by devonshire flu »

jastons wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:35 pm Issa has been rated as the sexiest player in the Premier league

The Sun have clearly forgotten that Phil Jones is still technically an EPL player.
Believer
Has liked: 1432 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Post by Believer »

-DL- wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:33 am It's a big season for us too. If WE want him to stay beyond this season, we know what WE have to do.

No way on this earth should we entertain him going anywhere. Get him a new deal asap. The Diop of old (seems strange saying that about a 24 year old CB) is back.
Totally agree with this. I long said that last season was a blip for him and that Covid hadn’t helped but he has been fantastic this season and it won’t have gone unnoticed at other clubs. We should really be aiming to get him signed up sooner rather than later..
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

jastons wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:35 pm Issa has been rated as the sexiest player in the Premier league

That is one of the most bizarre things I've ever read. Golden ratio formulas, Python Libraries and facial landmark data??? :shock:
simonirons
Has liked: 376 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by simonirons »

I reckon its a matter of time before we see Issa and Happy giving us a sneak peak of France's Centre Back pairing for Qatar and the next 5 years.
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 411 likes

Post by PF. »

There’s a reason why he’s 4th choice. 30 minutes in Genk show us why.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1992 likes
Total likes: 4742 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

His worse game since Newcastle, the last time we lost away from home.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2035 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

None of the defenders have played well. Coufal has been well off it aswell.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

He is the French John Stones, good on the ball, okay at defending but not amazing and prone to the odd error
Centre Half
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 313 likes

Post by Centre Half »

The goal was horrible.

Lazy lazy defending.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3025 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

fmgod wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:49 pm He is the French John Stones, good on the ball, okay at defending but not amazing and prone to the odd error
Is he that good on the ball?
I think his best quality it defending against players who receive the ball on the deck, back to goal. He is strong and nicks the ball. He struggles with good moment into space like tonight as he reacts a bit late.

Obviously not as good at defending or using the ball as John Stones
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Centre Half wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:54 pm The goal was horrible.

Lazy lazy defending.
It was a shocker but maybe his first, this season?

Improved player, really.