✍ Alex Král

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators :  chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo

Kakophonix

Re: ✍ Alex Král

Post by Kakophonix » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:53 pm

Gsbgsb wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:42 am

They seem ask him to be more expansive than just a DM and it is then he appears to struggle pretty consistently for them.
They ask him to play exactly the same position and role as he did in Slavia Prague and Czech national team prior to his transfer to Spartak Moscow.
Unfortunately it looks now like he was a one season wonder...

Google Translation from Czech Newspapers
The Czech footballers had heavy legs and, despite all their efforts, took only a point 2: 2 in the draw against Wales on Friday night. In addition, the national team was lucky that the opponent did not use a number of other situations and, on the contrary, offered the home team a gift in the form of their own goal. The problem was especially in the middle of the field, where Král, Souček and Barák did not succeed. "There was a lack of dynamism," says Pavel Hoftych, Liberec's coach for iSport Premium.

Does the match with Wales match the draw?
"From the Czech side, it was not a victory. The Welsh had more dangerous offensive and counterattacks. The boys did their best to win, but the day did not catch them in the perfect mood. There have been several forced changes in the line-up, at the edges of the defense it was obvious in the performance, some players are not in the top play. It was also visible in the middle of the advance. Will and willingness, teamwork was maximal, but lightness was lacking. For example, Alex Král is not in the pace, as we still remember him from Slavia. "

Why can't Král do it?
"He played in the Russian league for a long time, it has a pace. Now he came to England, where he had not yet properly acclimatized, he had played one match so far. It is known that he does not have the necessary pace. When he was in Slavia and played in absolute form, I liked that he had an incredibly action-packed and dynamic radius. It seems slower to me now, as if with the brake applied. I remember him from the national team eighteen, I wouldn't say that he would get to such a speed, then he surprised me. He was fantastic in Slavia, now it's worse. "

So he was slower in eighteen...then "miracle" with his speed happened in Slavia...was quickly sold to Spartak..and again is slower. Brake? Or Boost before? Truth is that they have very physical trainings in Slavia..in Spartak he bought Lambo. That was probably all he did for his speed in Moscow...

steveyrockstar
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by steveyrockstar » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:57 pm

Are they saying he wasn't fast. Then he was fast. And now he's not fast?

A 23/24 year old wouldn't just suddenly lose pace unless they'd had a serious injury or something.

El brooko79
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by El brooko79 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:58 pm

Burnley Hammer wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:43 am
I'm judging him only on performances at West Ham. So far he's played one and done well in that game.
Get out

WestSam
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by WestSam » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:16 pm

steveyrockstar wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:57 pm
Are they saying he wasn't fast. Then he was fast. And now he's not fast?

A 23/24 year old wouldn't just suddenly lose pace unless they'd had a serious injury or something.
Or pregnant?

Kakophonix

Post by Kakophonix » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:35 pm

Kral is not playing tonight. Out of starting eleven. Tired? No, just dismissed after his performance against Wales...Soucek is starting

Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:35 pm

Kakophonix wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:53 pm
So he was slower in eighteen...then "miracle" with his speed happened in Slavia...was quickly sold to Spartak..and again is slower. Brake? Or Boost before? Truth is that they have very physical trainings in Slavia..in Spartak he bought Lambo. That was probably all he did for his speed in Moscow...
So what we're saying is that he thrives with a very physical training regime?

That's ok then.

westlondonhammer
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by westlondonhammer » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:51 pm

Kakophonix wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:35 pm
Kral is not playing tonight. Out of starting eleven. Tired? No, just dismissed after his performance against Wales...Soucek is starting
...or simply lacking match fitness so a couple of games in the space of a few days probably isn't great for him

Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:55 pm

Kakophonix wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:35 pm
I bet you have a picture of Kral stuck to a dart board at home and a collection of Alex Kral voodoo dolls.

I bet you have a picture at home of the Czech national team with Alex Krals face crudely scratched out with a knife.

Kakophonix

Post by Kakophonix » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:38 pm

Burnley Hammer wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:55 pm
I bet you have a picture of Kral stuck to a dart board at home and a collection of Alex Kral voodoo dolls.

I bet you have a picture at home of the Czech national team with Alex Krals face crudely scratched out with a knife.
you have no balls to make a bet... so stop embarassing yourself...:-)

Ironing Board
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Ironing Board » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:04 pm

Some right weird posting about Kral. Give the man some time.

Gsbgsb
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Gsbgsb » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:04 am

Ironing Board wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:04 pm
Some right weird posting about Kral. Give the man some time.
I actually think he has all the requirements to play a holding midfield role, good size, decent tackle.

What I am concerned about is that this is not how he has been used in the games I have seen him play. His first touch and passing are questionable and if you are to play a more advanced role these have to be better than what I have seen so far in about 6 games now for the Czechs.

I am not saying it will not come in time but currently I suspect he will be best playing the way Rice did 3 years ago, break up play and keep it simple letting others develop the attacks. We get him for circa £10-15m then fine in that role but without significant improvement I do not see an all around CM in the Soucek/Rice mould at present.

S-H
GIF Git
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 118 likes

Post by S-H » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:37 am

Kakophonix wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:38 pm
Come clean.. who are you?

:wink:

ChzMff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by ChzMff » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:05 am

I don't know why there's so much dismissal of somebody who clearly watches the Czech league and associated national team. If he was saying Alex Kral was great, I am not so sure people would be disagreeing with him despite barely watching him play.

Admittedly it's just one game, in a new league and team but I saw all the things Kakophonix has talked about in the Man Utd game: Kral looked slow, ponderous on the ball and not particularly good at keeping hold of it.

I hope he develops over time and am prepared to give him it. We will see.

MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by MB » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:07 am

So he works best under a strong manager and most would agree (based on a limited sample size of games for most of us admittedly) that he'd benefit from keeping it simple when he has the ball.

Sounds like he is under the right manager then and he'll either kick on and be worth signing or he won't and we send him back.

Just needs a bit of time and he'll either adapt or he won't.

yakandyeti

Post by yakandyeti » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:22 am

If you look at TransferMkt, we have the 2nd and 9th best defensive midfielders in the world, at West Ham, F*** me! This is the one position where we are not going to be able to buy a better player to push one of our starters out of the first team, we have to accept a squad player and a bit of a drop-off. He is a bit of a punt, on loan, who hasn't had a run of games. If he is not great we have better depth than we had last year and rethink in the summer, if over the season he settles, learns what Moyes wants from him and we have a baller then wonderful.

YorksHammer
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by YorksHammer » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:08 pm

S-H wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:37 am

He's Alex Kral's ex, S-H, who he left in the Czech Republic when he moved to Moscow.

I think we'll see a midfield three of Rice, Soucek, and Kral at least once before the season is over, with Kral being the deepest of the three. Probably against a Man City or Liverpool.

Worth noting that (based on Whoscored) Soucek started with a not dissimilar passing record to Kral right now. Went from being around 80% prior to coming to us down to 70% over the first few games he played for us (the time he was on loan). He's subsequently improved that massively and has actually started to achieve levels of around 85% this season. We know Moyes wants ball retention to be a real focus for our players, and I think that training has worked for Soucek and will work for Kral. Benrahma has similarly benefited from that being a focus, too.

Nothing to worry about at this time.

S-H
GIF Git
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 118 likes

Post by S-H » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:14 pm

YorksHammer wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:08 pm
He's Alex Kral's ex, S-H, who he left in the Czech Republic when he moved to Moscow.

I like kako, but I suspect it's someone on here having a laugh.

As for Kral, I'm with Burnley, saw enough vs Man Utd to suggest that he has something about him, to become a decent player, whether that's here, or elsewhere, remains to be seen, however.

steveyrockstar

Post by steveyrockstar » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:06 pm

If we need to play Kral due to injuries, tactics and squad rotation, and he does a job but Moyes decides he's not good enough to want permanently, then that obligation to buy could become problematic. I.e. he may use Noble more even if Kral is the better option.

I wonder what the conditions of the contract are.

steveyrockstar

Post by steveyrockstar » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:07 pm

S-H wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:37 am

A bitter Radoslav Kovac.

Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:49 pm

Kakophonix wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:38 pm
I usually use money - there's less risk involved.