January 2022 Transfer Window

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5679 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Re: January 2022 Transfer Window

Post by MB »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:01 pm Nat Phillips is available. Is he left footed?
Yes he's got two of them
El brooko79
Has liked: 3025 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:01 pm Nat Phillips is available. Is he left footed?
He is right footed but how do you know he is available?
He signed a new contract in August.

Would be a decent signing though. I still prefer a left footer if signing a long term option.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Nathaniel Phillips has dropped to 4th or 5th in the pecking order for Liverpool now and them going out and buying Konaté in the summer will have told Phillips all he needs to know. He has only made the bench 4 times this season in the Premier League (edit... maybe that should tell us all we need to know too??).

I can see us putting in a 15m bid for Tarkowski and if it gets rejected, we just go for Phillips at something more like 8m.
We could even end up with both within six months if things go really well for us. Newcastle go down and we make Europe, Tarkowski sits tight and takes his pick in the summer, he would surely fancy coming to us to partner Zouma and play European football over most other options.

We'd have three very decent CB's plus Diop and Dawson who are far from the worst. You'd expect Dawson to drop off over time.

Get in Burnley's ear this weekend and ask if a deal can be done for JT on Jan 1st. Gives them a cash injection and us a CB.
Last edited by sutts07 on Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 501 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

Have seen nothing of Phillips to suggest he's an upgrade on what we already have.

Go for Tarkowski if he's a available.
Peaches
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 821 likes

Post by Peaches »

S-H wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:02 am Peaches raves about everyone (apart from Antonio)

I'm still waiting for Óscar Cardozo to win the Ballon D'or..

:D
I like Tyrese Campbell as much as anyone, but even before the knee injury I wouldn’t have advocated paying anything close to £20M for him. As for Cardoso, he didn’t push on from the U18 World Cup, get the odd one wrong, but go back through the transfer threads, I was right about Bastoni, Lloyd Kelly, Zakaria, Bellingham, Alphonso Davies, Reece James and others who I “raved about” as teenagers, and I’m confident I’ll be proved right on Hlozek, Kakbak and while older I still maintain that Worrall and Fry will be above average premier league centre backs. I do get some wrong like Cardoso, Andre Green and Maxi Gomez and Sigthorsson (although injuries had a lot to do with his failure), but just like real transfers, no one gets them all right. For the record, my favourite teenagers (who aren’t already established or play for us) in order of obscurity are Khvicha Kvaratskheila, Ryan Giles, Mohammed-Ali Cho, Nicole Rovella, Kamaldeen Sulemana, Josef Gvardiol, Khepren Thuram, Jonathan Panzo, Lee Buchanan, Charlie Cresswell, Levi Colwill, Etienne Green, Aaron Hickey, Tino Livramento and Fabio Carvalho.
Last edited by Peaches on Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bonzos4Lagers
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by Bonzos4Lagers »

James Tomkins, anyone? Just a thought . . .
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Denis Zakaria

Signing him. Lingard and a striker for me would be class

He can play CB or midfield (like rice) so can rotate our midfield or use him at the back if needed
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Difficult to see Burnley letting Tarkowski go for £15m, even if he is out of contract in the summer,when he and Ben Mee are so critical to their survival.
Turtlecharityracer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Turtlecharityracer »

I really hope the suggestions like Nat Phillips, Tarkowski are totally wrong and these players are not on our radar
What's the point of employing Newman if we end up with signings like those two who are certainly not next evel and show no imagination.
Now is the time for Newman to show his ability for the job he is employed.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Interested in Jason knight at Derby according to reports this morning
Aceface
Has liked: 376 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Post by Aceface »

He’s the bloke Rooney put in the sick bay for a few months after tackling him in training like a competitive dad.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1992 likes
Total likes: 4739 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

El brooko79 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:29 pm He is right footed but how do you know he is available?
He signed a new contract in August.

Would be a decent signing though. I still prefer a left footer if signing a long term option.
Fairly sure Klopp has said that he and Origi need to go somewhere to play football and that they deserve it etc.

Whoever we sign I trust Moyes knows the attributes he wants in a defender regardless of their previous club and form.

Though poor Newman isn't allowed to suggest signings from England or he's apparently not doing his job properly :lol:
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Peaches wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:14 am I like Tyrese Campbell as much as anyone, but even before the knee injury I wouldn’t have advocated paying anything close to £20M for him. As for Cardoso, he didn’t push on from the U18 World Cup, get the odd one wrong, but go back through the transfer threads, I was right about Bastoni, Lloyd Kelly, Zakaria, Bellingham, Alphonso Davies, Reece James and others who I “raved about” as teenagers, and I’m confident I’ll be proved right on Hlozek, Kakbak and while older I still maintain that Worrall and Fry will be above average premier league centre backs. I do get some wrong like Cardoso, Andre Green and Maxi Gomez and Sigthorsson (although injuries had a lot to do with his failure), but just like real transfers, no one gets them all right. For the record, my favourite teenagers (who aren’t already established or play for us) in order of obscurity are Khvicha Kvaratskheila, Ryan Giles, Mohammed-Ali Cho, Nicole Rovella, Kamaldeen Sulemana, Josef Gvardiol, Khepren Thuram, Jonathan Panzo, Lee Buchanan, Charlie Cresswell, Levi Colwill, Etienne Green, Aaron Hickey, Tino Livramento and Fabio Carvalho.
How do you have time to scout all of these “obscure” teenagers? :lol:
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2499 likes
Total likes: 4403 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Derby are in financial trouble still so will probably sell a player or two to tide them over, I guess.

Rudiger is out of contract in the summer. Used to think he was rubbish but over the last year plus....
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1992 likes
Total likes: 4739 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

bubbles1966 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:13 am Derby are in financial trouble still so will probably sell a player or two to tide them over, I guess.

Rudiger is out of contract in the summer. Used to think he was rubbish but over the last year plus....
He'll have much larger fish after him on a free.
61dicksey
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 435 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Bonzos4Lagers wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:58 am James Tomkins, anyone? Just a thought . . .
Out of contact in June 🤭
SiamHammer
Has liked: 1075 likes
Total likes: 199 likes

Post by SiamHammer »

61dicksey wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:54 am Out of contact in June 🤭
Great from corners :winker:
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

norse wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:43 pm He's in very much the same situation as Kral is here, their CMs are undroppable, so it's the bench unless one of them gets injured.
They're 22nd in the league. That does not reflect well on him.
tommythehammer
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by tommythehammer »

Just reading that Lucas Digne has fallen out with Rafa at Everton. As an attacking left back / wing back, he'd be an upgrade on Masuaku. 28 and likely on big wages but I wonder if there's a deal to be done.
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by stu1 »

bubbles1966 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:13 am Derby are in financial trouble still so will probably sell a player or two to tide them over, I guess.

We have as much chance of signing Rudiger on a free in the summer as we do Mbappe! No player is going to run down his contract at Chelsea in order to join us and also take a massive pay cut in the process.

Has anyone seen much of these Derby/Notts Forrest centre backs? As they certainly seem to feel like a Moyes signing, whilst you’d think we’d be able to Billy either club into selling, but I have no idea if they are actually any good? Any ideas how proven they are?