Text  Larger | Smaller | Default

NewsNow

Price named


Filed: Tuesday, 24th June 2008
By: Staff Writer


Anton Ferdinand could be the subject of a tug-of-war between Newcastle and Aston Villa, according to reports in today's tabloids.

West Ham United are reported to have placed a figure of 8 million on the head of the former academy trainee, whose place in the squad is under threat.

Alan Curbishley is said to have run out of patience with the young centre-half who was reprimanded last year after flying to the USA for a friend's party when he had claimed to be visiting a sick relative instead.

Ferdinand was also involved in a major court case a year ago from which he was later acquitted. Additionally he has suffered a number of injury problems this term.

An unnamed club source quoted in today's Daily Mail said:

"West Ham would not be interested in any figure under 8 million for Ferdinand. They certainly would not let him go for 6 million.

"They don't want Anton to go but his agent [Jeff Watson] has not been in looking for a new contract so something might happen."

Tottenham, who were previously linked with Ferdinand have dismissed rumours of possible interest leaving Villa and Newcastle as front-runners to land the younger brother of former Hammer Rio.

Villa specifically are in the market for a new central defender after losing Olaf Mellberg earlier in the summer.





Related News

   arrow   In brief - Wednesday's news round-up [11th Oct 2017]
   arrow   Sullivan Jnr fires back - with Ladies invite [9th Oct 2017]
   arrow   Bilic, Antonio, Carroll & Ayew : Wednesday's news [13th Sep 2017]
   arrow   In brief - Wednesday's news round-up [6th Sep 2017]
   arrow   In brief - Friday's news round-up [18th Aug 2017]
   arrow   In brief - Friday's news round-up [4th Aug 2017]
   arrow   In brief - Tuesday's news round-up [1st Aug 2017]
   arrow   In brief - Friday's news round-up [28th Jul 2017]
   arrow   In brief - Tuesday's news round-up [25th Jul 2017]
   arrow   In brief - Thursday's news round-up [20th Jul 2017]



Your Comments


Please note that this section is for comments relating to the above news item only. Any off-topic or abusive posts will be removed. Posts including either links and/or foul language are automatically filtered and will not be published. To engage in further discussion on any of our news stories, visit the KUMB Forums.

Not a member of the KUMB Forums? You may register for free membership here.

comments powered by Disqus
 
News Image




On This Day ...

One Year Ago
In brief - Wednesday's news round-up
Get the very latest West Ham news in one place, with our new daily media ro...more
Three Years Ago
Noble in, Tomkins and Zarate out
Mark Noble is included in the starting XI for this afternoon's trip to Burnley....more
Five Years Ago
Big Sam blasts FA
Sam Allardyce has hit out at New Zealand Football after they insisted Winston Reid make the trip hom...more