Filed: Monday, 17th November 2008
By: Staff Writer
The latest gossip from the world of West Ham United ...
* Tony Carr's under 18s succumbed to yet another loss at the weekend, this time going down 2-1 at Charlton. Despite running Arsenal close for the title last season the Hammers have won just two of their 12 games thus far this season and following Saturday's defeat now find themselves bottom of Academy Group A.
* United's FA Youth Cup third-round tie with Nottingham Forest will be played on Tuesday, 2nd December at Forest's City Ground; the game kicks off at 7pm.
* Defender Jon Spector, who is yet to play this season due to injury has signed a new one-year extension to his current contract. The American defender has signed a deal to keep him in East London until 2011.
* Good news for the armchair supporters amongst us - West Ham's next five games are being broadcast live; the games with Chelsea and Fulham by Sky and the remainder by Setanta.
* On loan midfielder Nigel Quashie was sent off on Saturday whilst playing for Birmingham in their 3-2 win over Charlton.
* Left-back Herita Ilunga is likely to be fit for the this weekend's trip to Sunderland - despite suffering a knock in Saturday's 0-0 bore draw with Portsmouth.
* Socceroos skipper Lucas Neill has warned his team mates against complacency ahead of this week's World Cup qualifier with the mighty Bahrain. The Aussies face Bahrain in Manama on Wednesday evening, with Neill expected back in Blightly late on Thursday.
* Long term Hammers target Stephen Appiah had added Tottenham to his list of admirers, with Harry Redknapp (unsurprisingly) now showing interest. However the Ghanaian international - out of action since the end of last season - is in no hurry to make up his mind, telling reporters this weekend 'I donít need to rush because this is a huge decision.'
Tony Carr accepts ambassador role [2nd Jul 2014]
Tony Carr to step down from Academy role [2nd Jul 2014]
Junior's a go-go [26th Jun 2014]
New deal for teenage prodigy [26th Jun 2014]
Ex-Hammer lands new club [2nd Jun 2014]
Carr: he lived for football [28th Apr 2014]
West Ham Utd 0-1 Crystal Palace [19th Apr 2014]
TC honoured [7th Mar 2014]
West Ham lite [1st Nov 2013]
comments powered by Disqus