Filed: Wednesday, 31st December 2008
By: Staff Writer
All the latest gossip regarding potential ins and outs from the back pages on the final day of 2008 ...
* Rocco Dozzini, agent for Inter midfielder Luis Jimenez has claimed that West Ham have tried to sign his client.
Dozzini told El Mercurio that "everybody is asking about Jimenez", adding that "West Ham, Sampdoria, Lecce call me every day" - before confirming that the 24-year-old Chilean international would be staying with the Serie A Champions.
* Nantes have risen to the top of the list of parties interested in signing West Ham's unhappy French midfielder Julien Faubert. Nantes coach Elie Baup told reporters yesterday that "if I could sign anyone, the priority would be Julien Faubert." Faubert is understood to have expressed his desire to return to France earlier this week.
* Scott Parker has been refused permission to discuss a move to Manchester CIty, according to the Independent.
Parker, who along with Craig Bellamy was the subject of a joint £15million bid from moneybags City yesterday is thought to have told West Ham that he would like to speak with the Mancunians - only to be denied permission by West Ham, who still insist publically that they will not be selling their best players next month.
* Lee Bowyer is once again being linked with a move to Birmingham City. Bowyer, who could join up with former team mate Nigel Quashie at the City Ground could be available for as little as £500,000 as West Ham seek to reduce their wage bill by unloading fringe players such as the former Leeds and Charlton star.
* Luis Boa Morte is being linked with a move to Championship outfit Cardiff City. Whether or not the Bluebirds would be able to afford the Portuguese winger's salary remains to be seen.
* Colchester manager Paul Lambert insist that he wants to make Jimmy Walker's loan deal a permanent one. The 35-year-old keeper is nearing the end of his month's spell with the League One club but Lambert is looking to reach agreement with West Ham allowing the popular stopper to remain with the Essex club.
"Jimmy Walker is an excellent goalkeeper and he's been a massive help to us since he has been here," said Lambert. "He reminds me of Andy Goram and I'd like to bring him here permanently."
Song, Payet, Henry & Abdennour: Friday's news [26th Jun 2015]
Song, Gold, Zarate & Remy: Friday's News [12th Jun 2015]
Bilic, Noble, Potts & Dowie: Wednesday's news [10th Jun 2015]
Carroll, Lovren, Bilic and Gold [8th Jun 2015]
Emery, Destro, Tombides and De Boer: Saturday's news [6th Jun 2015]
Bielsa rumours have Twitter all of a flutter [29th May 2015]
Jenkinson, Cresswell, Valencia and Allardyce: Monday's news [13th Apr 2015]
Downing, Sakho, Cole and Jenkinson: Friday's news [10th Apr 2015]
In brief - Monday's news round-up [9th Mar 2015]
11:55AM 4th Jan 2009
''I'm afraid all this talk from Duxbury is hot air. We're still a selling club, by the end of the week Bellamy, Parker, Upson and Green will be gone. Where's Zola? In Italy. Last person to leave Upton Park turn the light off.''
09:52AM 31st Dec 2008
''With the opening of the transfer window and hopefully some of the worst players to ever don the claret and blue moving on (we know who they are) fears arise at the thought of losing Bellamy and Scotty Parker, well Bellamy would be a big loss in current form but as for Parker if we can get good money for him I think we should take it.
I have become a bit worried of late over some of his performances; the Tottenham game in particular comes to mind and the Stoke game just gone as well. He seems to be slow to react in body and mind and some of his distribution has been very average. Yes, against Chelsea he played the best he has for a long time but if Noble is fit and Collison keeps improving and with the never-flash-but-always-steady Mullins I feel we can let him go for a decent price. Of course, I would like to see him replaced but that's going to be difficult.
Striker wise I am afraid Cole does not fool anyone - he is a Championship striker at best and if Bellamy goes and it leaves Cole as the main man we could be in trouble. Di Michele is poor, Tristan is past it and Sears still has much to learn so Nani is going to need to pull a rabbit from the hat for sure.''
comments powered by Disqus