Filed: Saturday, 14th February 2009
By: Staff Writer
Claims made by journalist Harry Harris regarding Gianfranco Zola and the vacant Chelsea job have been denied.
Harris, talking on Radio Five Live earlier this week claimed that Zola and assistant Steve Clarke had held negotiations with Chelsea following the sacking of Phil Scolari.
Boasting to have enjoyed exclusive access to Chelsea's Cobham training ground on the day of Scolari's departure, Harris went on to claim that both Zola and Clarke had agreed to return to Stamford Bridge in the summer when temporary replacement Guus Hiddink's short-term contract expires.
But according to a club source Harris' claims are well wide of the mark, whilst both Zola and Clarke remain committed to continuing their promising start at West Ham.
Rumours of a potential return to Stamford Bridge for former playing legend Zola gathered pace after lawyer Fulvio Marrucco, claiming to speak on behalf of Zola, told SkySports that "it is very difficult to say if anything will happen."
No Seedorf bid [30th Jun 2012]
West Ham 'desperate' to shift Parker [15th Aug 2011]
Jones agrees terms, say reports [23rd May 2011]
Parker a doubt? [4th May 2011]
West Ham for sale - again [14th Feb 2011]
Too little, too late [19th Jan 2011]
O'Neill out, says friend [18th Jan 2011]
Transfer latest: 23rd July [22nd Jul 2010]
Hammers win BBC damages [12th May 2009]
Please note that this section is for comments relating to the above news item only. Any off-topic or abusive posts will be removed. Posts including either links and/or foul language are automatically filtered and will not be published. To engage in further discussion on any of our news stories, visit the KUMB Forums.
Not a member of the KUMB Forums? You may register for free membership here.