Filed: Saturday, 29th August 2009
By: Staff Writer
Marouane Chamakh has confirmed reports that his representatives visited London this week - although maintains that a move to West Ham Utd remains unlikely.
The Moroccan international had apparently rejected overtures from the Hammers last week by insisting he would stay in France, before it was revealed later in the week that his agent had travelled to London in order to discuss his future plans with unnamed parties.
However Chamakh, talking to L'Equipe last night, admitted that there was still only a 'one in ten' chance of him leaving Bordeaux during the current transfer window.
"Yes, my representatives were in London," he said "But maybe the offer has come too late.
"I remain focused on Bordeaux but you never know what can happen. Let us say there is a 90 per cent chance that I will stay and a 10 per cent chance that I will leave."
It is reported that West Ham have offered Bordeaux €8million for Chamakh, who has been offered a four-year contract worth around €3million per year after tax (around £50k per week at current exchange rates).
Gianfranco Zola admitted yesterday that he was keen to land the former Arsenal target; he told reporters at the Blackburn pre-match press conference:
"We're still looking for another striker to cover for Carlton Cole or someone to play alongside him," he said.
"We'll see what happens in the last three days. He [Chamakh] is a player we are interested in. We're trying everything we can."
And that's a wrap [1st Feb 2013]
Sunderland 3-0 West Ham United [12th Jan 2013]
West Ham Utd v Man Utd: live [5th Jan 2013]
Marouane Chamakh seeking immediate contribution [4th Jan 2013]
Arsenal's Chamakh joins West Ham on six-month loan [4th Jan 2013]
Eric next? [31st Aug 2011]
Transfer latest: 23rd July [22nd Jul 2010]
Neymar and other stories [29th Jun 2010]
Hammers set to sign striker [10th Sep 2009]
02:28PM 29th Aug 2009
''99% change he will stay and a 10% change he will leave - not the sharpest tack is he!''
comments powered by Disqus