Filed: Monday, 25th January 2010
By: Staff Writer
Benni McCarthy is refusing to return to Blackburn - whilst stating that he wants to join West Ham, according to reports.
McCarthy, who is surplus to requirements at Ewood Park is thought to have been the subject of a £1.25million bid from West Ham last weekend. Rovers are said to have told United that a deal would not be sanctioned until a replacement for the South African striker had been found.
The 32-year-old is understood to have failed to attend training with his club since last Thursday as a result of the impasse and, according to Sky Sports this lunchtime, has now confirmed that he sees his future with the Hammers as a result of having been frozen out by Sam Allardyce.
David Gold first revealed West Ham's interest in the striker upon being unveiled as the club's new joint-owner last week.
Downing, Sakho, Cole and Jenkinson: Friday's news [10th Apr 2015]
In brief - Monday's news round-up [9th Mar 2015]
In brief - Wednesday's news round-up [18th Feb 2015]
Joe's going nowhere [28th Nov 2013]
Transfer latest: 14 June [14th Jun 2012]
Hammers poised to strike? [6th Jun 2009]
Mr Moon to enter the stadium? [22nd Jan 2009]
Transfer latest [13th Jan 2009]
News Years Eve ins and outs [31st Dec 2008]
comments powered by Disqus