Text  Larger | Smaller | Default

NewsNow

Klose but no cigar


Filed: Tuesday, 6th July 2010
By: Staff Writer


West Ham are reported to be out of the running to sign German international Miroslav Klose.

In our latest round-up of transfer rumours, the Mail report that the Hammers' chances of signing the in-form German have virtually disappeared following the striker's impressive performances in the World Cup Finals. It is claimed that United were alerted to his current status ahead of the tournament, but failed to act. That decision may or may not have something to do with Klose's purported wages at current club Bayern Munich of 140,000 per week.

The Neymar merry-go-round continues unabated with the news that having persuaded the 18-year-old's advisor and father, Neymar Silva, that a move to east London would be a good idea - "It's a very good proposal," he told Globoesporte - West Ham are having rather more difficulty in persuading his club Santos to part with their young superstar. Having had an initial bid of around 12million rejected the club are said to have made an improved offer which is also reported to have been knocked back. Neymar is understood to have a release clause in his contract of around 27million. Talks are said to be continuing.

Another potential target, as reported by a number of sources, is Mexican international Pablo Barrera who is said to have been the subject of a 4million bid from West Ham. United were reported by Soccernet to have been close to concluding a deal with the winger's club Pumas although it is now thought that La Liga outfit Espanyol are in pole position to land the 23-year-old (from Spanish daily Sport). Everton are also reported to be 'in the race' to sign the South American.

One signing almost certain to be tied-up within the next day or two is that of Lyon's Frederic Piquionne, the once-capped 6'2" French striker who started awfully before having a decent end to the season with Portsmouth last year. New Irons boss Avram Grant is better placed to judge than most having worked with the 31-year-old for six months and a deal worth around 1million is likely to be concluded shortly.

Potential deals that we have mentioned in brief before that appear to be dead in the water include Graham Dorrans (three bids rejected), Loic Remy (no interest in moving to West Ham), Yakubu and Kevin Prince Boateng (both too costly).



Related News

   arrow   Joe's going nowhere [28th Nov 2013]
   arrow   Transfer latest: 14 June [14th Jun 2012]
   arrow   Hammers poised to strike? [6th Jun 2009]
   arrow   Mr Moon to enter the stadium? [22nd Jan 2009]
   arrow   Transfer latest [13th Jan 2009]
   arrow   News Years Eve ins and outs [31st Dec 2008]
   arrow   Rumour round-up [11th Dec 2008]
   arrow   Transfer latest [19th Nov 2008]
   arrow   Monday's snippets [17th Nov 2008]
   arrow   Green Gossip and Riga Rumours [20th Jul 2008]


Your Comments


comments powered by Disqus
 
News Image




On This Day ...

One Year Ago
Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 West Ham Utd
West Ham United are the final London club standing in this season's Capital...more
Three Years Ago
Duxbury returns
Former West Ham United Chief Executive Officer Scott Duxbury is once again working in the legal prof...more
Five Years Ago
Striker set for imminent return
Young striker Freddie Sears is set to cut short his season-long loan at Crystal Palce in order to ea...more