Filed: Tuesday, 31st January 2012
By: Staff Writer
West Ham United are being linked with several players as tonight's 11pm transfer deadline approaches.
The main links of note are as follows:
* Genoa striker Ze Eduardo, who arrived in London yesterday before successfully completing a medical is on standby to be confirmed as a loan signing for the remainder of the season. The Hammers are understood to have agreed a deal with the Italian club to take the Brazilian with view to a permanent deal at the end of the season.
* 18-year-old Ravel Morrison, who KUMB.com revealed late last night was the subject of a bid from West Ham is on his way to London in order to undergo a medical ahead of a proposed move from Manchester United. The highly-rated youngster is out of contract at the end of this season and according to the Daily Mail's Lee Clayton will cost West Ham £650,000, rising to £1million should the two parties agree terms.
* According to Sky Sports News, Bristol City's Nicky Maynard - who was the subject of a £2million bid from Wigan Athletic last week - is also on his way to London for talks over a proposed permanent transfer to West Ham. The 25-year-old striker is another who is out of contract at the end of this season. KUMB.com has learned that a fee of £2.5million has been agreed between West Ham and City this morning.
* Ricardo Vaz Te, who Barnsley boss Keith Hill revealed yesterday was the subject of a 'derisory' bid from United is another who is said to be in talks with the Hammers over a permanent switch. The former Bolton forward has hit 12 goals for the Tykes in 24 appearances this term, who are reported to have accepted a bid of £750,000 from the Hammers.
* With regards to outward movement, speculation has linked both Freddie Sears and Frank Nouble with a move to Crawley - although both of these rumours are unsubstantiated at present. Lee Clayton has also suggested Sunderland could be in for the out-of-favour Freddie Piquionne.
As always, we'll keep you updated throughout the day should there be any further developments. Meanwhile the KUMB.com forum transfer window thread is the place to go for all transfer news; you may find that here.
comments powered by Disqus