Filed: Sunday, 3rd June 2012
By: Staff Writer
West Ham are being linked with a move for former Arsenal and Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka.
According to the Abu Dhabi-based Sports 360 website, Sam Allardyce is weighing up a move for the player he took to Bolton back in 2006.
Now 33, Anelka - once dubbed 'Le Sulk' - has been playing for Shanghai Shenhua in China but is understood to be keen on a return to Europe just five months after moving to the Chinese Super League club, despite having recently joined the coaching staff.
And Allardyce - who has been linked with a string of 30-plus veterans since restoring West Ham to the Premier League last month - is said to be keen to bring the former French international to England for a second time.
In other transfer news (or more accurately, speculative paper talk) West Ham were rumoured to have had a second bid for Norwich striker Grant Holt rejected.
Having seen a £3million offer apparently snubbed last week United are said to have returned with a second offer of around £4million this weekend.
However that too was reported to have been knocked back by the Canaries, who are resigned to losing the 31-year-old forward after he declared his intention to leave the club last week.
But putting an even larger spanner in the works of any potential deal was a Tweet from Norwich chief executive David McNally who said: "for the record, we have not received a £4m bid for Grant from West Ham as apparently is being suggested".
Transfer latest: 21st January [21st Jan 2013]
Gold to open wallet for January sales [29th Dec 2012]
Shanghai surprise? [12th Nov 2012]
Transfer latest [6th Jun 2012]
Big Sam in for Le Sulk? [3rd Jun 2012]
It's Anelka, say the Mail [7th Dec 2011]
Transfer deadline day: live updates [31st Jan 2011]
West Ham Utd v Chelsea: half time report [25th Apr 2009]
Chelsea 1 West Ham Utd 1 [14th Dec 2008]
comments powered by Disqus