Filed: Tuesday, 12th June 2012
By: Staff Writer
It's fairly quiet on the transfer rumour front today - although West Ham still get the odd mention in this morning's papers.
The Daily Mirror insist that the Hammers have submitted a £1.2million offer for Dijon defender Samuel Souprayen. The 23-year-old left-back, who signed a four-year contract with his current club last summer having moved from Rennes has represented his country at under 18, 19, 20 and 21 level but is yet to feature for the full French squad.
The Daily Mail run with yet another story linking West Ham to Norwich striker Grant Holt, suggesting that Sam Allardyce is preparing to up his offer for the 31-year-old from £3.5million to £4million. Oddly enough it was also the Mail who claimed 10 days ago that West Ham had seen a £4.5million offer for the wantwaway striker rejected by the Canaries!
The Mail also link United with the aforementioned Samuel Souprayen, Newcastle's 25-year-old right-back Danny Simpson and Charlton's Chris Solly, a story we broke here on KUMB.com last week and one that has also been lifted by the likes of Talksport.
Back to the Mirror and this time Celtic's Kenyan defensive midfielder Victor Wanyama is suggested as a potential target for the Hammers. Just 20, the 6'2" international moved to Scotland a year ago for a bargain £900,000 and is also said to be interesting Queen’s Park Rangers.
Meanwhile L'Equipe claim that West Ham have tabled a €5million bid for Sochaux winger Modibo Maiga. The versatile 24-year-old Malian has spent the last five years in France having joined Les Lionceaux via Le Mans in 2010. He also represented his country at the 2010 and 2012 Africa Cup of Nations.
In terms of outgoings, both the Daily Mail and the Mirror claim that Robert Green has agreed a £40,000-a-week (Mail)/£50,000-a-week (Mirror) contract with QPR with the former stating that a deal will be agreed next week.
However this particular story should be taken with a pinch of salt given that the Mail story claims Green will be taking a pay cut to move to Loftus Road - not to mention that a source close to Green told KUMB.com last week that the England 'keeper would not make a decision over his future until returning from the European Championships.
Sullivan reveals threats of violence [1st Feb 2013]
And that's a wrap [1st Feb 2013]
Diame bid wide of the mark [31st Jan 2013]
Gold: no Diame bid forthcoming [31st Jan 2013]
Deadline day latest [31st Jan 2013]
Mo says no but will he go? [29th Jan 2013]
Allardyce admits he could lose Mo Diame [29th Jan 2013]
The KUMB.com Podcast: Episode 1 [24th Jan 2013]
Diame denies departure rumours [24th Jan 2013]
comments powered by Disqus