Filed: Saturday, 30th June 2012
By: Staff Writer
A 'West Ham source' had denied that the club will be making a move for former Dutch international Clarence Seedorf after being put off by his wage demands.
Harry Harris, a close confidente of United co-chairman David Sullivan reports this morning that any hopes of signing the former AC Milan star were dispelled after the 36-year-old demanded £70,000-a-week in order to consider a move to east London.
"No, we are not going for Seedorf despite being linked to him," an unnamed source told Harris. "The club are concerned about his injury problems considering that he is now 36, and despite the injury worries he still wants between £60k and £70k a week."
West Ham were linked with a move for the 87-times capped Dutch midfielder last week - just one of a string of elder statesman who the club have been linked with in recent weeks as Sam Allardyce attempts to strengthen his squad ahead of the 2012/13 Premier League campaign.
Seedorf is currently a free agent having been released at the end of last season by Italian Serie A club Milan, with whom he had spent the last ten seasons having previously featured for Ajax, Sampdoria and AC's great rivals, Inter.
* In other transfer news, a Bolton supporter who met Norwich striker Grant Holt at a golfing function on Friday claimed to have been told by the striker that he is set to sign for West Ham.
United were reported earlier in the week to have upped their bid for the 31-year-old to £4million up front with a further £2million to follow, depending on certain conditions being reached.
Cooking with Gallas? [29th Jun 2012]
comments powered by Disqus