Filed: Sunday, 12th August 2012
By: Staff Writer
Wolverhapton Wanderes manager Stale Solbakken confirmed last night that West Ham transfer target Matt Jarvis had handed in a transfer request.
The Championship club claimed earlier in the week that the Hammers has made a £9million bid for the once-capped English international - an offer that was flatly rejected.
However the winger signalled his intention to leave Molineux yesterday when he handed in a transfer request - a move confirmed by Solbakken.
"He wants to leave but it has to be right for Wolves," said the Norweigan coach. "At the end of the day, I am not making the final decision. We are a little unsettled at the moment and everything is not fine but we have to fight through this."
Jarvis, who moved to Wolves from Gillingham for £600,000 back in 2007 missed Wolves' match with Aldershot yesterday although Solbakken insisted that the 26-year-old was ill.
"This is a true story and you can believe it or not," he said, "but he is actually sick. He is a good guy in a stressful situation at the moment."
Jarvis' sole appearance for England thus far came against Ghana in a 2011 friendly.
Nolan and Jarvis on the comeback trail [25th Sep 2014]
Allardyce on... Liverpool [20th Sep 2014]
Hull City 2-2 West Ham United [15th Sep 2014]
2014/15 squad list [3rd Sep 2014]
Joey adds to injury woes [2nd Sep 2014]
Deadline day: Italian giants join Richards race [1st Sep 2014]
Allardyce on... Southampton [30th Aug 2014]
Allardyce on... Sheffield United [27th Aug 2014]
West Ham launch £5m striker bid [11th Aug 2014]
by Tell it how it is Charlie!
09:25AM 12th Aug 2012
''Amazing how footballers react when they are offered more money! Absolutely no loyalty.''
comments powered by Disqus