Filed: Thursday, 18th October 2012
By: Staff Writer
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says he has no intention of recalling Andy Carroll from his loan at West Ham in January.
The under-fire Rodgers, who only took over at Anfield in the summer has the option of recalling the England international should he so choose when the transfer window re-opens in January of next year.
However taking Carroll back to Merseyside is not an option he is currently comtemplating, according to comments he made earlier today - despite his squad having just one fit striker at present.
"Andy has obviously gone out to get games," said Rodgers. "We have people watching when he plays and they report back on how he is doing. [But recalling him] isn't something I have considered, to be honest."
Carroll moved to Liverpool in January 2011 for a British record transfer fee of £35million - but when Rodgers moved from Swansea to Liverpool earlier this year he made it clear that the 23-year-old Geordie wasn't part of his immediate plans.
West Ham signed Carroll on a season-long loan on the penultimate day of the summer transfer window.
Noble back in contention [14th Oct 2014]
Mags mull Carroll return [12th Oct 2014]
David Gold rules out 'cheap' Carroll sale [8th Oct 2014]
Allardyce on... Queens Park Rangers [6th Oct 2014]
West Ham Utd 2-0 Queens Park Rangers [5th Oct 2014]
Nolan and Jarvis on the comeback trail [25th Sep 2014]
Allardyce on... Liverpool [20th Sep 2014]
Hull City 2-2 West Ham United [15th Sep 2014]
Carroll returns to training [12th Sep 2014]
04:42PM 18th Oct 2012
''Why don't we just sign up Pep Guardiola before another club signs him up! He would be a better manager and can return back the old glories...''
comments powered by Disqus