Text  Larger | Smaller | Default

NewsNow

Trio to face fraud trial


Filed: Thursday, 15th November 2012
By: Staff Writer


Three men have been formally charged in connection with the theft of personal records belonging to West Ham United vice chair Karren Brady.

The trio - named as Richard Forrest, 30, Lee Stewart, 39 and Howard Hill, 58 will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, 28th November to answer fraud charges in relation to the unlawful acquisition of Brady's private telephone records.

Hill, who has since resigned from accountants PKF was an employee of the company at the time they were hired by Tottenham Hotspur FC to investigate the details behind West Ham's previously successful bid to become anchor tenants at the Olympic Stadium.

West Ham United initially contacted Police in July 2011 following claims in the Sunday Times that employees' personal records had been surreptitiously gained by corporate investigators.

In the same week the Olympic Park Legacy Company also registered a complaint of a similar nature after it was suggested chief executive Andrew Altman had been targeted.

A second OLPC member - Ms Dionne Knight, who was subsequently suspended following the revelation that she had been temporarily employed by West Ham as a consultant - was said to have been spied upon by the investigators at her home address.

The charges follow a year-long investigation by the Metropolitan Police. A fourth individual remains on bail whilst two others have who were arrested in connection with the affair have been released without charge.

* Brady has revealed that she is investigating the circumstances regarding Savio Nsereko's 2009 move from Brescia to West Ham.

"Just before this board took over, the club paid a huge amount to Brescia for the German Under-21 who took part in a handful of matches and then departed for Fiorentina at a fraction of the price," she said in her latest tabloid column.

"The deal is something Iím investigating."





Related News

   arrow   West Ham Fan TV/Hammers Chat/West Ham Way on fan meeting [18th Jan 2017]
   arrow   Sick Gold to miss City clash [6th Jan 2017]
   arrow   Feghouli ban overturned [4th Jan 2017]
   arrow   An open letter to the West Ham board of directors [21st Dec 2016]
   arrow   Banned fan reinstated [6th Dec 2016]
   arrow    Ferdinand, Ogbonna, Sullivan & Bilic: Tuesday's news [6th Dec 2016]
   arrow   Fan banned for 'Brady out' flag [5th Dec 2016]
   arrow   In brief - Friday's news round-up [2nd Dec 2016]
   arrow   71 banned from Olympic Stadium, says Brady [1st Dec 2016]
   arrow   In brief - Thursday's news round-up [1st Dec 2016]



Your Comments


Please note that this section is for comments relating to the above news item only. Any off-topic or abusive posts will be removed. Posts including either links and/or foul language are automatically filtered and will not be published. To engage in further discussion on any of our news stories, visit the KUMB Forums.

Not a member of the KUMB Forums? You may register for free membership here.

comments powered by Disqus
 
News Image




On This Day ...

One Year Ago
Zarate set for Serie A move
Mauro Zarate is poised to complete a move to Italy's Serie A later this wee...more
Three Years Ago
Allardyce frustrated by 'Mad January'
Sam Allardyce wore the expression of a troubled man as he faced a grilling over West Ham's transfer ...more
Five Years Ago
Take me to the top
Sam Allardyce has told his players to fire West Ham to the the top of the Championship tomorrow....more