Filed: Wednesday, 26th June 2013
By: Staff Writer
In just five days' time, the West Ham United first team squad returns to training at Chadwell Heath.
And with 1st July rapidly approaching, transfer speculation is beginning to pick up with the start of the new 2013/14 Premier League season less than two months away.
Despite West Ham United's chairman-in-waiting Jack Sullivan having revealed that the club do not expect to do any business within the next few days, the media and the agents continue to flood the pages of your favourite websites and newspapers with potential transfer stories - the latest of which we bring you in a handy round-up...
* Udinese striker Matej Vydra, who spent last season on loan at Watford is said to be interesting a number of Premier League clubs, one of whom are said to be West Ham. The 21-year-old scored 20 goals for the Hornets in last season's Championship and is likely to be made available for loan again this coming season.
Vydra's agent, Ondrej Chovanec, told isport.blesk.cz: "Udinese don't want to sell him for £8million, so they have given us freedom to discuss loan spells with the Premier League clubs that are interested. At the moment we have offers from four Premier League clubs - West Brom, West Ham, Swansea and Sunderland. Udinese don't want Matej to have to get used to life in a different country, so now it seems likely that he will be playing on in England."
* Former Crystal Palace youngster Wilfried Zaha continues to be linked with a move to east London, despite just having joined Manchester United in a £15million deal. The 20-year-old, who is considered unlikely to be part of David Moyes' first team plans next season is also said to be interesting the likes of Everton and Aston Villa.
* Arsenal youngster Joel Campbell is reported to be a target of both West Ham and newly-promoted Crystal Palace. The 20-year-old forward spent last season on loan at Real Betis but is said to be wanted by the two clubs. Betis would provide further competition for his signature, having already told Arsenal that they want the youngster to return to the Benito Villamarín next season.
* For a second successive summer, West Ham find themselves linked with a move for Chelsea's Victor Moses. The former Wigan winger, for whom a move to east London was first mooted last summer before he moved to Stamford Bridge is a loan option for Sam Allardyce as he seeks to improve his attacking options. Chelsea paid the Latics £9million whne signing the youngster last August.
* Ravel Morrison is wanted again by Birmingham manager Lee Clark. The 19-year-old former Manchester United midfielder has seen just eight minutes of first team football since joining West Ham 18 months ago and a return to St Andrews would seem a likely option.
"It’s well documented I want the loan players who were here last year to return," Clark told birminghammail.co.uk. "We’re in dialogue with their clubs to try and get that happening again. The wheels are turning and the main thing for me is that if they’re not going to be involved with West Ham and Newcastle respectively, they want to come back to us."
* Juventus striker Manolo Gabbiadini is being linked with a potential loan move to West Ham after he revealed that he would be interested in spending a year abroad. The Italian Under 21 international spent last season on loan with Bolgna but would like to try his luck on foreign shores. "My priority at the moment is Juventus," he said, "but we'll have to see what happens. It is still early in the summer. I've always said that one day I would like to experience life abroad."
* Long-term Hammers target Wilfried Bony could be on his way to Swansea City after the Welsh club were reported to have made a £10million bid for the Vitesse Arnhem striker. Interest in Bony, who was heavily linked with a move to east London earlier in the year has cooled since Andy Carroll completed his permanent move from Liverpool.
* Ipswich are keen to take West Ham's third-choice goalkeeper Stephen Henderson on loan for a third spell. The former Portsmouth stopper spent five months at Portman Road last season in two seperate spells - initially from October to January, before returning at the end of the winter transfer window for a further two months.
Speaking about the possibilty of bringing Henderson back to Suffolk, Town boss Mick McCarthy remarked: "Stephen is under contract with his club, which kind of makes life difficult. But he was really good for us and I need another goalkeeper."
Sakho ruled out until January (transfer window opens) [30th Nov 2016]
Cresswell, Mandzukic, Carroll & Bilic: Thursday's news [24th Nov 2016]
You're fired! Welcome to the sacking season [21st Nov 2016]
Valencia, Payet, Carroll & Sakho: Friday's news [18th Nov 2016]
Bilic hails imminent Sakho return [16th Nov 2016]
Cresswell, Antonio, Ogbonna & Billic: Tuesday's news [8th Nov 2016]
West Bromwich Albion 4-2 West Ham Utd [17th Sep 2016]
Arbeloa set for Stanley debut [16th Sep 2016]
The KUMB West Ham Podcast: with Rio Barlow & Graeme Howlett [6th Sep 2016]
Please note that this section is for comments relating to the above news item only. Any off-topic or abusive posts will be removed. Posts including either links and/or foul language are automatically filtered and will not be published. To engage in further discussion on any of our news stories, visit the KUMB Forums.
Not a member of the KUMB Forums? You may register for free membership here.