Filed: Wednesday, 23rd July 2014
By: Staff Writer
Andy Carroll could be out of action for several weeks, according to reports emerging this afternoon.
A trusted source posting on the KUMB Forum this afternoon claims that Carroll's ankle injury is far worse than previously estimated, with the striker likely to be unavailable for between "two to four months".
Carroll is currently in New Zealand with the first team squad but West Ham have already revealed that he will not be taking any part in either of the two tour matches - the first of which West Ham lost to Wellington Phoenix this morning.
The same source had previously suggested that Carroll was sent home from the pre-season trip to France earlier this month after being told that his fitness levels were unacceptably low.
Only 24 hours ago West Ham revealed that Carroll would miss both games of the current Football United tour in New Zealand, stating that the striker had been relieved of first team duties as "a precautionary measure after developing a sore left ankle during training".
The statement added: "It should be clear that the affected area is not in any way associated with the previous injury he successfully overcame towards the end of last season."
Everton 2-1 West Ham United [22nd Nov 2014]
Everton v West Ham Utd: half time report [22nd Nov 2014]
Sakho and Downing doubtful, says Allardyce [20th Nov 2014]
Mauro Zarate considers Serie A move [12th Nov 2014]
Long ball, tall story [10th Nov 2014]
Lambert on ... West Ham Utd [8th Nov 2014]
Allardyce on ... Aston Villa [8th Nov 2014]
West Ham Utd 0-0 Aston Villa [8th Nov 2014]
Cupid, draw back your bow [7th Nov 2014]
comments powered by Disqus