Text  Larger | Smaller | Default

NewsNow

Moyes: all quiet on the Sakho front


Filed: Friday, 12th January 2018
By: Staff Writer


David Moyes says that he is "not aware" of any impending bids for wantaway striker Diafra Sakho.

The Senegal international was closely linked with a 12million move to Crystal Palace earlier this week but according to Moyes, there is no indication that the move is imminent - or welcome, according to the manager.

Embed from Getty Images


"I'm not aware of anything with Diafra Sakho so I couldn't give you an update on that," he told the media at his pre-match press conference. "We're more than happy to keep Diafra. We like him and he's been good since we've been here.

"I don't want any of our strikers to go. We need to add to our squad. We need to strengthen and my intention is not to let anybody go. It would take a lot of money to prise any of them out of West Ham."

However Moyes was rather less dismissive when asked about the possibility of fellow forward Javier Chicharito moving on at some point this month - insisting that his place was under threat due to the excellent performances of others.

"I think the form of Marko Arnautovic and Michail Antonio has made it difficult for Javier Hernandez," he added. "

"When I joined he was injured, so I had to go without him up front. Chicharito is a really good player. His finishing ability is a good as anyone. At Manchester United I also had Wayne Rooney, Van Persie and Danny Welbeck. Competition at football clubs is hard."





Related News

   arrow   Relegated! West Ham's owners in bottom three [24th May 2019]
   arrow   Nasri given clean bill of health  [10th May 2019]
   arrow   20million per point [25th Apr 2019]
   arrow   Down with the Christmas decorations [3rd Apr 2019]
   arrow   In brief - Tuesday's news round-up [26th Mar 2019]
   arrow   West Ham seeking 10million for Hugill [25th Mar 2019]
   arrow   In brief - Tuesday's news round-up [19th Mar 2019]
   arrow   In brief - Monday's news round-up [18th Mar 2019]
   arrow   Pellegrini unable to explain consecutive defeats [30th Jan 2019]
   arrow   Arnautovic stays - for now [20th Jan 2019]



Your Comments


Please note that this section is for comments relating to the above news item only. Any off-topic or abusive posts will be removed. Posts including either links and/or foul language are automatically filtered and will not be published. To engage in further discussion on any of our news stories, visit the KUMB Forums.

Not a member of the KUMB Forums? You may register for free membership here.

comments powered by Disqus
 
News Image




On This Day ...

One Year Ago
Former Hammer scores 100-yard goal [video]
Former Hammer Kieran Sadlier scored one of the strangest goals you're ever ...more
Three Years Ago
Batshuayi keen on Premier League switch
Michy Batshuayi says he will be moving clubs this summer - but not until the European Championships ...more
Five Years Ago
Transfer latest: Monday
Although the vast majority of players and managers are now on their holidays, the transfer rumour mi...more