Today i bumped into...

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Post Reply
User avatar
Happyhammer52
Posts: 3625
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:52 pm
Location: WS

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Happyhammer52 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:46 am

sendô wrote: The bloke's a tosser.

Sadly this has become clearer and clearer as the years have gone on. Moving to Man Utd probably didn't help his ego.
Yep, the other week when they beat PSG and he was sat there all smug "UNITED ARE BACK".

About as West Ham as Neil Harris.

User avatar
Samba
Posts: 7816
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: We'll win the League Cup next century...

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Samba » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:39 pm

sendô wrote:The bloke's a tosser.
Sadly this has become clearer and clearer as the years have gone on. Moving to Man Utd probably didn't help his ego.
Happyhammer52 wrote:Yep, the other week when they beat PSG and he was sat there all smug "UNITED ARE BACK". About as West Ham as Neil Harris.
Got no class. That's why he had to leave West Ham.
I always liked Alastair McGowan's impersonation of him :lol:

Online
User avatar
sendô
Posts: 29954
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:41 pm
Location: in the pessimistically optimistic camp.

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by sendô » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Most WH youth graduates or players that played for us for a significant time have a soft spot for the club and seem to follow and support us after retirement.

The standout exceptions to this are Fat Frank and Rio, the latter is very much a Man Utd fan, and seems to see West Ham as just that little club where he started.

User avatar
S-H
Posts: 15025
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:05 am

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by S-H » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:56 pm

sendô wrote:Most WH youth graduates or players that played for us for a significant time have a soft spot for the club and seem to follow and support us after retirement.

The standout exceptions to this are Fat Frank and Rio, the latter is very much a Man Utd fan, and seems to see West Ham as just that little club where he started.
Pair of *****

User avatar
Whufc06
Posts: 8372
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:46 pm
Location: Upminster

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Whufc06 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:56 pm

My cousins best mate came through the youth system with Frank and Rio (he was quite pally with Rio at the time). He hadn't seen either of them since then until he lined up against them for Wales against England. He said Rio wouldn't give him the time of day whereas Lampard was a top bloke, asked him how the family were etc.

User avatar
Patito
Posts: 9757
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:51 pm
Location: Irons

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Patito » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:07 pm

sendô wrote: The standout exceptions to this are Fat Frank and Rio, the latter is very much a Man Utd fan, and seems to see West Ham as just that little club where he started.
Complete opposite to Anton!

User avatar
Patito
Posts: 9757
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:51 pm
Location: Irons

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Patito » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:15 pm

Jeremy Clarkson. There is a public footpath through the middle of his grounds. He was bending down whilst doing some DIY so saw his crack before his face. Was pleasant enough and said hello.

This was parked up too...

Image

User avatar
Samba
Posts: 7816
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: We'll win the League Cup next century...

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Samba » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:30 pm

Whufc06 wrote:My cousins best mate came through the youth system with Frank and Rio (he was quite pally with Rio at the time). He hadn't seen either of them since then until he lined up against them for Wales against England. He said Rio wouldn't give him the time of day whereas Lampard was a top bloke, asked him how the family were etc.
Apart from us being his first club, he doesn't seem to have any other affiliation with us. He obviously meant more to us than we did to him.
He was born in Camberwell & grew up in Peckham. I think he's Millwall in disguise..

User avatar
Longneck'd Iron
Posts: 3752
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 3:43 pm
Location: Barking

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Longneck'd Iron » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:54 pm

I saw Rio's Blue Plaque, on the estate he lived as a kid, no mention of Anton.

User avatar
Big George
Posts: 10766
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:59 pm
Location: Www.Twitter.com/sgfmann
Contact:

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Big George » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:35 pm

Neil Morrissey. Shorter than you think.

Outside "Franks" Gt Titchfield ST W1

User avatar
ageing hammer
Posts: 19290
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Cockney Hammer's stunt double

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by ageing hammer » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:48 pm

Patito wrote:Jeremy Clarkson. There is a public footpath through the middle of his grounds.

He was bending down whilst doing some DIY so saw his crack before his face.

Was pleasant enough and said hello.
So you liked his crack and he was talking through his arse :lol:

User avatar
westham,eggyandchips
Posts: 14931
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Taking a walk with Anita Fifa...

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by westham,eggyandchips » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:19 am

Rio wrote:
3rd!!! :evil:
You'll always be my favourite Rio. 8-)

User avatar
Patito
Posts: 9757
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:51 pm
Location: Irons

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Patito » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:53 am

ageing hammer wrote:
So you liked his crack and he was talking through his arse :lol:[/quote]


Image

User avatar
claretandblue82
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:26 pm

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by claretandblue82 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:01 am

sendô wrote: The bloke's a tosser.

Sadly this has become clearer and clearer as the years have gone on. Moving to Man Utd probably didn't help his ego.
Comes as no surprise considering how many times he cheated on his late wife then expected the country to feel sorry for him when she died.

Balhamite
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:13 pm

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Balhamite » Tue May 07, 2019 8:52 am

Not bumped into, but met Jermaine Defoe at the JDF Foundation event for kids in Walthamstow yesterday.

He was a perfect gent, even went and found a pen so he could sign my lad's boots.

User avatar
Big George
Posts: 10766
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:59 pm
Location: Www.Twitter.com/sgfmann
Contact:

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Big George » Tue May 07, 2019 9:20 am

Not me but my mate bumped into Pellergrini on thee second green at Chigwell Golf club yesterday. An absolute gent by all accounts.

User avatar
Mega Ron
Posts: 9494
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:35 pm
Location: Warp's mum

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Mega Ron » Tue May 07, 2019 9:34 am

Big George wrote:Not me but my mate bumped into Pellergrini on thee second green at Chigwell Golf club yesterday. An absolute gent by all accounts.
Rubbish at golf though

Online
User avatar
sendô
Posts: 29954
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:41 pm
Location: in the pessimistically optimistic camp.

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by sendô » Tue May 07, 2019 10:37 am

Balhamite wrote:Not bumped into, but met Jermaine Defoe at the JDF Foundation event for kids in Walthamstow yesterday.

He was a perfect gent, even went and found a pen so he could sign my lad's boots.
When he was at Sunderland, a group of us went to Newcastle on a stag do, and bumped into him at Newcastle station as we were getting off of the train, and he was rushing to board.

We'd been on the train up from London for 3 hours and so were suitably lubricated - we practically grabbed hold of him and made him stand and take pictures with us whilst his missus stood to one side and he was sideways glancing at his train to see if it had gone.

The look on his face, he looked terrified. :lol:

User avatar
Moxy
Posts: 1723
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:45 pm
Location: Romford

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Moxy » Tue May 07, 2019 4:23 pm

Balhamite wrote:Not bumped into, but met Jermaine Defoe at the JDF Foundation event for kids in Walthamstow yesterday.

He was a perfect gent, even went and found a pen so he could sign my lad's boots.
Met him when I was a kid in the brewery in Romford he was a top man.

User avatar
prophet:marginal
Posts: 29079
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:54 pm
Location: Boleyn Ground, Westham United Football Club, Green St, Upton Park, London E13 9AZ

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by prophet:marginal » Tue May 07, 2019 9:41 pm

Balhamite wrote:Not bumped into, but met Jermaine Defoe at the JDF Foundation event for kids in Walthamstow yesterday.

He was a perfect gent, even went and found a pen so he could sign my lad's boots.
Defoe is a stand up decent bloke; the kind you know was raised to show respect to one and all.

Post Reply