Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by the oldham stripper »

why do they have 5 minute news or celebrity news in the middle of films, it takes 5 minutes it makes no difference if you put it in the middle or at the end,
SO LEAVE IT TILL THE FU**ING END YOU UTTER C***S
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Traffic and c**** who walk out on crossings in town because one lane isn't moving and they think it's ok. Yet I'm coming down the other lane and have to stop quickly to avoid hitting the ****, cue lot's of swearing and abuse at him.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

The use of the term "Brit". It is "Briton" you illiterate peasants.

Similarly other yank-isms. I heard "Razor Wire" on the tele last night on some guff about some gardener who works with crims teaching them flower arranging. What ever happened to good old fashioned "Barbed Wire"?

The number of p**** ****ers in hospitals. Just because you are sick doesn't mean you have to look like a chav, have some ****ing self respect.

Work - in particular the sheer number of incompetent buffoons and empire builders surrounding me who cannot see the bigger picture and are only helping to line the guillotine up above their heads.

Similarly, people who don't know a great deal but talk constant b*llocks and have worked their way to where they are by talking a good game whilst rarely delivering. Especially when they reportedly earn double my salary for doing something I could do 3 days a week maximum.

Struggling to remember the word "delivering" :?

"In the knows".

People who think they are big and clever because they have a tenuous link to someone who has a tenuous claim to fame.
BubbleBoy

Post by BubbleBoy »

The Dungeonmaster on that old cartoon Dungeons and Dragons.
That bald f**ker would pop up out of nowhere, say something unintelligibly cryptic and completely unhelpful, then promptly disappear again.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

sendô wrote:Similarly other yank-isms. I heard "Razor Wire" on the tele last night on some guff about some gardener who works with crims teaching them flower arranging. What ever happened to good old fashioned "Barbed Wire"?
i thought the difference was:

razor wire:

barbed wire:

or maybe this is just the justification i found... :think:

but i got the point
Last edited by warp on Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denzil
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 529 likes

Post by Denzil »

The general public
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

The BBC. The shoeing they are getting over Sunday's Thames events is completely justified and their constant pandering to 'celebrities(?)' and dumbing down of presentation by young smart arse editors is wrong yet as an organisation they are seemingly allowed to get away with it over and over again.

If the viewing public thought some of the Jubilee coverage was smug and generally piss poor, god only knows what cringeworthy treats they have in store for us with their Olympic coverage.
Iron Spine v2.0
Location: You don't wanna go and eat a snack like that! You'll end up with your teeth all grey,

Post by Iron Spine v2.0 »

Nothing about the jubilee itself irritated me so I didn't want to put it in the jubilee thread.

However, one thing that irked me was one of the luvvies they dragged out and the utter bilge they spewed about 'er maj.

Scene: Liz is standing in the rain on a dirty boat with a face like a slapped 'arris.
Comment: "Look at her there, poignant and regal, setting a standard of dignity and class. She is the most magnificent pearl on the necklace of grace".

Scene: Liz slowly shuffling along into a church/cathedral looking grim as per.
Comment: Her majesty courting the dreams and aspiriations of the angels as she flows forth. Breathtaking poise as she acknowledges our lord on a level one could only ever hope to imagine".

If I could have one wish it would be to smash the c*nt with a clawhammer.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Denzil wrote:The general public
Its the Human Race who do it for me mate.
dodgy dave
Has liked: 112 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by dodgy dave »

BubbleBoy wrote:The Dungeonmaster on that old cartoon Dungeons and Dragons.
That bald f**ker would pop up out of nowhere, say something unintelligibly cryptic and completely unhelpful, then promptly disappear again.
Dominic Littlewood!
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

Cheryl Cole: "It's a tough industry to be a woman in". No it isn't. It's easier being a woman in your industry love. You don't even need to be able to sing or dance well so long as you have a decent pair of tits and a winning smile, as you've ably demonstrated.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

sendô wrote:Cheryl Cole: "It's a tough industry to be a woman in". No it isn't. It's easier being a woman in your industry love. You don't even need to be able to sing or dance well so long as you have a decent pair of tits and a winning smile, as you've ably demonstrated.
She also has a nice personality to be fair.... :wink:
Mr P
Location: On the outside of a rather cheeky bottle of Viognier...

Post by Mr P »

Jabsco79 wrote:The BBC...and dumbing down.
It's not just on TV. The spelling and grammar on the BBC website is appalling. There seems to be no quality control at all.

The BBC are also guilty of another of my real pet hates. The use of the word "pre" before nearly everything.

Pre-cooked? No, it's just cooked you moron

Pre-prepared? Have you ever looked up what prepared means??

Pre-planned? Ditto
ilfordhammer

Post by ilfordhammer »

The wind. I f**king hate the wind. When you're walking along in your suit and a big gust comes and your jacket gets sprayed out behind you, putting a massive strain on the one button you have done up. When you're standing on a platform waiting for a train and a big gust just blows the Metro right out of your hand. I can't stand it.

Slow walking people refusing to walk faster/move out of the way. I should be allowed to shoot them.
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

sendô wrote:Cheryl Cole: "It's a tough industry to be a woman in". No it isn't. It's easier being a woman in your industry love. You don't even need to be able to sing or dance well so long as you have a decent pair of tits and a winning smile, as you've ably demonstrated.
Cheryl Cole, Jade Goody, anyone on Only Way Is Essex and the like in general.

Why do we put so called celebrities on such high pedestals when they clearly have absolutely no talent whatsoever and contribute nothing to society? Why do we continue to glorify stupidity when actual talented artists, scientists, writers are completely ignored or unheard of?
morrisey is a hammer

Post by morrisey is a hammer »

The bloke having a right old pick oh his hooter on a bus yesterday, dirty rotter. Kept looking at his finger to see what trophy he had won, I wanted to be sick. Why people pick their nose in public, is beyond me.
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Gormalysis wrote: Cheryl Cole, Jade Goody, anyone on Only Way Is Essex and the like in general.

Why do we put so called celebrities on such high pedestals when they clearly have absolutely no talent whatsoever and contribute nothing to society? Why do we continue to glorify stupidity when actual talented artists, scientists, writers are completely ignored or unheard of?
I said much the same to my missus when an advert for some no-mark from a reality show had been sent to America and followed around with a camera. I asked what the f*ck he had done to be considered a celebrity and she didn't know either.

Just to confound matters even more, the annual collection of gay/bisexual/transgendered/mental/insane/annoying f*ckers has just entered a house and completely pissed me off because Channel 5 concentrated on this sh*t instead of showing CSI.

All this in a week when they changed the time of "Once Upon a Time" so I missed the first half and I found out "True Blood" is no longer on Channel 4 because those c*nts at Sky have bought Series 4 :evil:
Iron Mark
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Iron Mark »

Hammers Dad wrote: All this in a week when they changed the time of "Once Upon a Time" so I missed the first half and I found out "True Blood" is no longer on Channel 4 because those c*nts at Sky have bought Series 4 :evil:
True Blood has always been on Sky. Seasons 1-4 have all been shown already on FX. They have been shown on Channel 4 once the season on FX has finished.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

ilfordhammer wrote:The wind. I f**king hate the wind. When you're walking along in your suit and a big gust comes and your jacket gets sprayed out behind you, putting a massive strain on the one button you have done up. When you're standing on a platform waiting for a train and a big gust just blows the Metro right out of your hand. I can't stand it.
Yep, I hate the wind as well. You do your hair in the morning and get it absolutely spot on. Then you go outside and the wind disrupts all your craftsmanship. Obviously I still look good because I'm such an utter sex machine, but I could have looked that much better.

The wind, easily my least favourite element.
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Iron Mark wrote: True Blood has always been on Sky. Seasons 1-4 have all been shown already on FX. They have been shown on Channel 4 once the season on FX has finished.
Yeah, I knew was on a pay channel before CH4 (knew it was a HBO thing but not that it was FX) but on the CH4 website, they said in response to a question that Sky 1 (if I remember correctly) had taken up the rights to it so it wouldn't be on CH4 any more.
That was my gripe....