Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

DasNutNock

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by DasNutNock » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:24 pm

-DL- wrote:Being told I'm being TUPED to another company following the loss of a route.

It's actually not such a bad thing, but I wanted to leave on my terms, and that's what's irritated me!
Recent experience of TUPE, if you want to PM me with any questions. Can't guarantee I can help, but happy to share info if you're interested.

mushy

Post by mushy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:28 pm

-DL- wrote:Being told I'm being TUPED to another company following the loss of a route.

It's actually not such a bad thing, but I wanted to leave on my terms, and that's what's irritated me!
Does this effect your pension?
Pensions are not covered by TUPE. Its why a lot of big companies with heavy pension commitments use TUPE.

smuts

Post by smuts » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:48 pm

Unwrapping a brand new electric guitar to find some twat has packed it in all the cushioning, triple boxes etc with the head stock completely snapped off.

And I can only get a refund as it's gone up 150 quid in price. Headbanger

-DL-
Match thread guru

Post by -DL- » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:01 pm

DasNutNock wrote: Recent experience of TUPE, if you want to PM me with any questions. Can't guarantee I can help, but happy to share info if you're interested.
I've been on the other side of the counter until recently, and I've dealt with TUPE with drivers when they've had to go with their routes, but cheers for the offer :thup:
mushy wrote: Does this effect your pension?
Pensions are not covered by TUPE. Its why a lot of big companies with heavy pension commitments use TUPE.
I've not been there long enough for it to have too much of an effect on my pension anyway, but some of the drivers with long service that also have to go are spitting feathers because they can't take it with them.

mushy

Post by mushy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:31 pm

Thats about right DL.
Make sure that they freeze what they have and are not tempted to opt into some hare brained scheme thats probably not legal these days anyway.

delbert

Post by delbert » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:38 am

The old LTE pension which is now under TfL is mint, do not allow any shyster anywhere near it.

Things that irritate me at the moment? After sneezes. You say "bless you"' to someone after they have had a sneeze up, but then they go on to have another one, totally uncalled for and embarrassing for all concerned......

chigwells finest
Location: desperately seeking redemption from this west ham misery

Post by chigwells finest » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:33 pm

people who go to weddings/ functions and drink themselves senseless , embarrassing themselves in the process

DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:07 pm

chigwells finest wrote:people who go to weddings/ functions and drink themselves senseless , embarrassing themselves in the process
Couple weddings ago, a colleague's second wedding in about 4 years, quite a few people from work there. Including one bloke who had a real reputation for absolutely losing his sh*t after a few jars. By lunchtime, he was clearly sozzled and started grabbing anyone he could for a "dance" (including other blokes), whilst his girlfriend gave him a side eye from her seat. By 7pm he was openly sobbing in front of me about some piddling work matter, long forgotten. By 9pm he was asleep on his girlfriend's lap. The f*cking bell-end.

My wife is also bloody awful at weddings, insisting on hitting the red wine early, despite her notorious inability to tolerate alcohol. Lost count of the number of weddings she's ruined by getting plastered and aggressive, only to be full of remorse the following day. The only wedding I can recall her not going nuts was ours - possibly because she was 2 months pregnant and not drinking.

I don't think there's much wrong with getting drunk now and then, but not if you're a two-can Van Damme.

DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:08 pm

Amazon leaving parcels in our unsecured, openly-accessible doorway, marking items as "handed to resident". Cheeky tw*ts.

Burningaham

Post by Burningaham » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:48 pm

On my way to motorcycle live at the nec this morning. I made it 200 yards from my house before a little old lady pulled straight out in front of me causing me to avoid, skid, and put the bike down
Not much damage to bike as I have some sliders on it - bent clutch lever, scrapped engine cover.

She just waved and drove off. Couple of other cars stopped and picked bike up for me.

I was alright at the time, protection all seemed to do its job, but my hip really hurts now,no marks just really swollen, stiff and painful.
50 year old body not what it was.

sendô

Post by sendô » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:15 am

GP surgery.

Missus made 103 attempts to ring this morning at 8 sharp to get an appointment. Didn't get through once.

The system is a joke.

Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:04 am

smuts wrote:Unwrapping a brand new electric guitar to find some twat has packed it in all the cushioning, triple boxes etc with the head stock completely snapped off.

Is it a Gibson by any chance? They're notorious for snapping headstocks.

djclipz

Post by djclipz » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:52 am

sendô wrote:GP surgery.

Missus made 103 attempts to ring this morning at 8 sharp to get an appointment. Didn't get through once.

The system is a joke.
I take it they don't have patient access set up? For my place it used to be a joke too, but since they implemented the online portal I can book in with ease these days. Mind you I do only have to go once a blue moon.

sendô

Post by sendô » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:30 am

The baby had tonsillitis a few weeks back. His temperature went above 40C and we had to take him to A&E. They gave him antibiotics but they didn't seem to be doing much, so rather than go back to A&E she phoned the GP surgery. She got through to one of the rude nazis on reception, and was told bluntly there were no appointments, there was nothing they could do, and to call back tomorrow or go to A&E - this for a 10 month old baby running a temperature of 40C that a GP could see in 10 minutes.

Hammers Dad

Post by Hammers Dad » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:48 am

My old doctor had a first come first served approach. His saying was that "..as illness never made an appointment, neither should his patients"

Worked really well, though there were always a bit of a wait

Johnny Byrne's Boots

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:49 am

smuts wrote:Unwrapping a brand new electric guitar to find some twat has packed it in all the cushioning, triple boxes etc with the head stock completely snapped off.

Some years ago a friend was buying a Les Paul for his son and I warned him never to leave it leaning against a wall, as it will fall over and it will snap the headstock. It's what Gibsons do. I went as far as telling him that if it happens, don't try to repair it just take it straight to a guitar shop, telling him they're well used to dealing with it and will have the correct clamps.

Six weeks later he told me he took my advice and didn't try to repair it himself...

Algarve Hammer

Post by Algarve Hammer » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:27 pm

Yet another moan about car insurance renewals. Got mine this week, €703 for my 11 year old Navara, now, I had a my fault claim this year but I still thought it was a bit strong, I had a shop around and got the same cover for €434 and I got an agreed value of €6000 more than my previous insurer, (Zurich). These c+nts really do take the piss.

Samba

Post by Samba » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:37 pm

This must have been said before.
That hand waving in front of face when someone (usually female) is feeling great emotion.
STOP WAVING YOUR HANDS ABOUT YOU F**KING, PRETENTIOUS, AFFECTATIOUS C**T.
It kind of annoys me.

Samba

Post by Samba » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Oh & can people please stop saying, 'Oh my god', EVERY. F**KING. 5 SECONDS.
FYI, 'Oh my days', is equally f**king mindless.

Dover KUMB fan

Post by Dover KUMB fan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:43 am

W@nkers who feel the need to walk about in packed streets with their head in their phone. Was in the west end on Saturday, & the amount of times I collided with idiots paying no attention to anything but their bloody phone was countless. Unfortunately for him, one person was the straw that broke the camels back, & I deliberately tripped the bugger up when he walked straight across me paying no attention.
I'm sure the flow of people would work better if everyone left their phones in their pockets.